Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I've had couple first round games on while working on homework, even though some have been close, for most part its been completely uncompetitive.  It's bad enough NBA is most predictable league in the US, you can't do both and expect good things.

• Like 1

Meh, these are decent to good first round match-ups with a lot of marquee talent on display. People just want a reason to hate. I don't think it has anything to do with the league being unbalanced. If you feel that way, root for the Rockets or Bucks or Raptors or OKC etc. 

Warriors should have lost last year and are pretty beatable again this season. 

1st round is boring.  2nd round though is great.  Superstars on polished teams vs overwhelmingly talented rosters that might be having chemistry issues.  The Freak vs the Celtics.  Harden vs the Warriors.  Kawhi vs The 76ers.  That’s good basketball.  If people don’t tune in for those match ups, they aren’t really fans of basketball.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

1st round is boring.  2nd round though is great.  Superstars on polished teams vs overwhelmingly talented rosters that might be having chemistry issues.  The Freak vs the Celtics.  Harden vs the Warriors.  Kawhi vs The 76ers.  That’s good basketball.  If people don’t tune in for those match ups, they aren’t really fans of basketball.  

It's still sound and fury signifying nothing because no one can beat the Warriors.

Getting two to three interesting playoff series a postseason is pitiful.  The level of good competition needs to be much more broad.

• Like 1

Just heard on espn that there were more threes made in the nba this season than in the entire 1980s.  Maybe not shocking, but it speaks to just how radically the game has changed.  

I’m fine with it, but they really need to tweak the rules so perimeter defenders can defend the three.  Right now they just have to essentially stand still with their hands straight up to avoid the offensive player drawing a foul.  That’s not great basketball. 

• Like 1

Blake just hurt his knee again. Surprised he's been able to play at all. That thing looks like a sleeping bag wrapped around his knee.

Giannis with the MJ like hang time and finish..

Edited by CRobi21

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I hope he is innocent. Jesus Harden gets away with push offs. 

Stars always get away with pushing off. Then big men get called 9 times out of 10 just for putting their hands in the air and dont initiate contact. Its why NBA has the worst rules/officiating in sports and is hard to watch these days

• Like 1

Denver looked like they were too young, and maybe without the scoring talent needed to succeed in the playoffs, after game three.  They look in control at the moment.  If they can turn this 22 point lead into a win they’ll be up 3-2 on the spurs.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We're all Canadians now, eh.🇨🇦

Death to Philly. It's on now. Two blockbuster series, potentially 

I'd rather root in the next round for whoever to kill whoever is left from that matchup then picking whether i hate The Process or Lowry more.  They both make my blood boil at a temperature comfortable for poaching eggs.