Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 11/14/2017 at 11:41 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Reminds me, LeBron is listed at 6’8 but yesterday when he got into it with Kanter he looked an inch of 2 shorter. 

Celtics get their ass whipped on Thursday. 

Come again?

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

That was a hell of a 4th quarter.  Celtics had a horrible night shooting, but shot 38 free throws. 

Shame Hayward was lost for the season.  Would have been nice to see if a full strength Celtics team could knock out the Cavs. 

Knock out Cavs or GS? Typo?

why do people think this ****ty Cavs team without Kyrie is gonna flip the switch. 

Wake Le up to what Kyrie was trying to state

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

That and the Warriors have missed some open looks they usually hit. Curry missed like 3 wide open 3's as did Klay. 

Didn't see any 'wide open' 3s that were missed. They actually made those. 

There were quite a few open shots missed, but that is going to happen sometimes.  The foul line was the big difference in the game.  The Celtics controlled the pace and forced contact.  Kudos to them.

My wife is a Celtics fan.  I'm suffering right now.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ainge made a bad trade.  I think he utterly botched this offseason and that he should have committed to rebuilding around Fultz and the Nets pick for next year with a roster buttressed by strong role playing vets like Bradley and Crowder.

Instead he squandered the good fortune of getting the #1 pick by trading down for a much lesser prospect and then traded Crowder and Thomas and next year's pick to acquire two guys who were not substantial upgrades over the outgoing players.  Indeed Thomas significantly outplayed Irving last season.  Not only that, Ainge lost Bradley and Olynyk in the process of these acquisitions.  And going from Amir Johnson to Marcus Morris is probably a downgrade TBH.  People also seem to think the Euro player they traded was a quality prospect.  Ainge paid full price for Irving when better players in Butler and George got traded for tremendously less.

They have two shot creators now instead of one, but neither are top 10 or even top 15 players and there is no guarantee that offense will actually perform substantially better to justify the big decline in defense that's coming.  Horford's in decline.  Irving's health is even less reliable than Thomas's and he's not as good an off ball player, which was critical for making last season's offense so successful.  Marcus Smart is now going to have to start for them and he sucks.  They lost some perimeter shooting.  Rozier still sucks.  And the rest of their bench is an unplayable collection of rookies and second year guys.

And now Boston is pretty much capped out and has nothing really big left from the Pierce/Garnett/Rivers trade hauls.  This is their construction.  Kyrie Irving & Gordon Hayward aren't scaring anyone.  Maybe Kyrie could make a Harden-like leap now that he's got his own team again, but I doubt it.  I think LeBron made him far better than he was on his own, his career was sputtering before LeBron came back and saved it.  Plus his leadership is garbage, and given that he shat on LeBron, of all people, I can't see him letting Hayward run the show.  Irving and Hayward are known quantities.  Tatum and Brown are Boston's only X factors left.

I think this will be death by a thousand cuts for Ainge and Stevens.  I think they take a step back this season and that the long term upside of this construction turns out to be lower than they hoped.

I don't think McQueen is going to get that Lakers' GM job in the off-season.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Predicto said:

There were quite a few open shots missed, but that is going to happen sometimes.  The foul line was the big difference in the game.  The Celtics controlled the pace and forced contact.  Kudos to them.

My wife is a Celtics fan.  I'm suffering right now.

At this point, I think the Celtics are the only threat to the Warriors because:

1. Irving is totally capable of winning two Finals games by himself, and

2. The Celtics are the only team in the league who can probably dictate pace to the Warriors in any meaningful sense.

Basically, this is the 2016 Cleveland formulas minus Lebron (which is obviously a big problem) but with better defense.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wow, that's a helluva hot take right there.

Meh, I ain't sayin ****. I thought Ainge was retarded and should've taken Fultz, too :ols: :kickcan:

Thats why he is a championship player/gm and I am a championship fan who got smoked trying to guard the Charles/PG county kids and pretty much gave up basketball at 14

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, I ain't sayin ****. I thought Ainge was retarded and should've taken Fultz, too :ols: :kickcan:

Thats why he is a championship player/gm and I am a championship fan who got smoked trying to guard the Charles/PG county kids and pretty much gave up basketball at 14

Ya, I limit my opinions that what I see other teams do against the Wizards, because I rarely watch NBA if they aren't involved.  I thought Boston blowing their team up was weird, but they must of seen something we didn't, now here we are.  Honestly, I think we all just underestimated Brad Stevens, I know I did.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Count me as team 'I still dont think its real yet' when it comes to the Celtics but even I have to say how impressive they look right now. Even the win over GS wasnt that impressive to me. Felt like they caught GS on a bad night on the road. But thats still GS, so some credit is due. And without arguably their best scorer. 

Jalyen Brown stepped up big time, btw. I didnt expect him to have that kind of swagger this early.  

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I notice @KDawg...just waiting this one out for the most part. Respect due to the early season performance. 

Congrats to the C's at this point. 

How can you not? I’m a believer that they are for real, but my question is still: “how real?”

look at the the average age of the top teams in the NBA. Then realize that of the teams with the best records/chances at a title: Houston, San Antonio, Golden State, Cleveland and Boston, that all of those teams are among the oldest in basketball. The Celtics are third youngest and doing this without Hayward. 

I’m sold on the long term potential, but the short term is still to be determined. I’m damn excited with their performance thus far, though, and they’re far beyond my expectations at this point. 

Jaylen is a bonafide stud. Didn’t expect a leap that big. 

But Im going to take a backseat on trumpeting the championship song. It’s a long and windy road... and a lot of these teams aren’t playing like they would if it was June.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

a lot of these teams aren’t playing like they would if it was June.

Thats the thing here. But you have to give it up for your coaching. Its clearly and advantage you have over many teams that are just as talented or a few that may be more talented than you guys are. 

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I limit my opinions that what I see other teams do against the Wizards, because I rarely watch NBA if they aren't involved.  I thought Boston blowing their team up was weird, but they must of seen something we didn't, now here we are.  Honestly, I think we all just underestimated Brad Stevens, I know I did.

I thought the Boston off-season was strange but not that bad.  With IT's injury, age and being in the position for a max contract next year, it made sense to me (the trade).  Now you want to talk about weird and horrible trades, my Bulls.  That's a horrible trade.

I didn't like the trade for the Celtics either, but clearly Irving seems to be upping his game. I think we underrated the Stevens factor. He's a hell of a coach. It could be that he maxed out Thomas and is now getting even more out of a clearly more talented player than Irving.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you were the only one who thought this?  

No.  DM72 was there with me too.  Check the thread from that discussion a week or two before the season started and observe how no one else agreed at the time.  I believe it was LKB who said they'd win 29 games and get broken up.