Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

7 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Before it went downhill with Odom, are you saying with a straight face that Simmons numbers will be similar?

Odom was a good player. When I see Simmons, I see something special.

Were you watching basketball in 1999/2000?

The only reason Odom went 5th in the '99 draft was because he confessed to smoking weed. He was not going to be picked over Elton Brand, but he probably would have went 2nd.

Lamar Odom was a special talent. Do yourself a favor and youtube some young Lamar Odom at Rhode Island. He was a better finisher than Simmons at the same age.

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

people kinda forget what Odom was supposed to be like, its not a bad comparison actually now that I think about it

Odom once posted a 30/19/10 game if memory serves, he was a unique talent that probably missed his timing in the league

Odom kinda screwed himself because he was basically one handed.  A better focused, more consistent Odom who can use both hands is a HOF player

Now go look at Odom's career stats and tell me if anything jumps off the page. And come on, he once had a 30/19/10 game? Anybody is capable of having a career night.

In the meantime, Simmons is a 240 lb 6-10 PG with ball handling skills. If you think he's the second coming of Odom, I don't know what to say.

49 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Last night against the Clippers gave us a glimpse of what Simmons can become. Might have been his most impressive offensive game yet.

It's early, but right now, Simmons overall game is better than rookie LeBron's.

Rookie LeBron average 20.9 ppg, 5.5 reb and 5.5 assists. He was younger and his team was worse. Imagine if rookie LeBron had embiid on his team. 

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Rookie LeBron average 20.9 ppg, 5.5 reb and 5.5 assists. He was younger and his team was worse. Imagine if rookie LeBron had embiid on his team. 

Now we're using the "if he had that guy" card?" 

Other than points, Simmons has better rookie numbers.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Now go look at Odom's career stats and tell me if anything jumps off the page. And come on, he once had a 30/19/10 game? Anybody is capable of having a career night.

In the meantime, Simmons is a 240 lb 6-10 PG with ball handling skills. If you think he's the second coming of Odom, I don't know what to say.

not comparing Simmons to him statistically, more in terms of a talent & skill comparison for similar body types.

Simmons is like a rich man's version of Odom, hopefully his head is on right, and I don't have reason to think that it is not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Simmons is like a rich man's version of Odom, hopefully his head is on right, and I don't have reason to think that it is not

Simmons is just a taller version of Dwayne Wade but with a different skill set. But otherwise basically the same.

2 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Simmons is just a taller version of Dwayne Wade but with a different skill set. But otherwise basically the same.

I'd be satisfied with that.

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

not comparing Simmons to him statistically, more in terms of a talent & skill comparison for similar body types.

In other words, Odom was a poor mans Simmons?

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

LeBron was 19 and playing professional basket ball. Simmons is 21. LeBron at 21 was averaging 31.4 7 and 6.6

I always said "if" Simmons develops an offensive game, he'd be LeBron part 2. Everyone wants to make these Odom comparisons, why not make the LeBron/Magic comparisons? I know, that would be quite scary for Wizards fans. LOL

And didn't you say that playing with Embiid helped? Well in that case, playing with Embiid might prevent him from scoring more. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

LeBron was 19 and playing professional basket ball. Simmons is 21. LeBron at 21 was averaging 31.4 7 and 6.6

Lets not forget Simmons missed his 1st year. 

Edited by DM72

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Everyone wants to make these Odom comparisons, why not make the LeBron/Magic comparisons? I know, that would be quite scary for Wizards fans. LOL

Because Simmons doesnt play like Lebron. You keep trying to force whats not there.

Its not insult to say he plays like Lamar Odom did.

Seriously, how long have you been watching the NBA? A lot of people have made the Simmons/Odom comparison.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Because Simmons doesnt play like Lebron. You keep trying to force whats not there.

Its not insult to say he plays like Lamar Odom did.

Seriously, how long have you been watching the NBA? A lot of people have made the Simmons/Odom comparison.

That's the 1st I've heard that one. I've heard the LeBron comparisons quite a few times and the Magic comparison at least once. 

Also, I've never remembered Odom being referred to as a generational type player like LeBron and to a lesser degree Simmons.

Edited by DM72

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

That's the 1st I've heard that one. I've heard the LeBron comparisons quite a few times and the Magic comparison at least once. 

Has anyone ever called Odom a PG? 

Yes. Thats what he played in college. 

The only reason he came in as a SF/PF was down to the era.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ben+simmons+lamar+odom&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS738US738

2 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Has anyone ever called Odom a PG? 

NBA wasn't as opened minded when he came out

if Simmons came out when Odom did, he would have been shoe-horned into the PF spot too

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Yes. Thats what he played in college. 

The only reason he came in as a SF/PF was down to the era.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ben+simmons+lamar+odom&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS738US738

On that very same page, there's two Simmons/LeBron comparisons. 

And by your standards, just looking at his career stats. In his prime. He must have underachieved because there's nothing that really jumps out. 

He he was a good player. Not a difference maker. I believe Simmons has the potential to be a difference maker.

Edited by DM72

If you insist on comparing Ben Simmons to a legendary player you're better off with Magic Johnson than Lebron.  Simmons is an enormous point guard that can't shoot but can play multiple positions and score inside.  You could describe a rookie Magic the same way.  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

If you insist on comparing Ben Simmons to a legendary player you're better off with Magic Johnson than Lebron.  Simmons is an enormous point guard that can't shoot but can play multiple positions and score inside.  You could describe a rookie Magic the same way.  

He's been compared to Magic too. Remember, LeBron wasn't a great shooter either. Simmons can develop that.

8 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Go down to the video section.

the only video there is "Ben Simmons a highbrow version of Lamar Odom."

I have no idea why you are fighting this. You don't know the hype around Lamar Odom when he entered the NBA because you were not watching the basketball (or at best do not remember).

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why can't you just be happy with Ben Simmons being a really good Ben Simmons? Wasn't that long ago you were watching church league dudes run up and down the court :ols:

Yep, and it wasn't too long that you were crying about the process. ?

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

there is no video section that page.

the only video there is "Ben Simmons a highbrow version of Lamar Odom."

I have no idea why you are fighting this. You don't know the hype around Lamar Odom when he entered the NBA.

There's a video section on my phone.  

You're right, I don't remember the hype around Odom. Was he really THAT hyped? I remember the hype of quite a few, but I don't recall the hype about Odom. 

Getting back to his stats. If Simmons became the second coming of Odom, I think Sixer Nation would be disappointed.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DM72 said:

He's been compared to Magic too. Remember, LeBron wasn't a great shooter either. Simmons can develop that.

Lebrons a different kind of athlete.  He got Russell Westbrook's athleticism in a power forwards frame.  That's not how anyone describes Ben Simmons.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If I was doing any crying it was probably because of the severe  physical and psychological trauma of having to watch y'all try to play something resembling basketball :ols:

You gone really be crying when we start winning titles. ?

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Lebrons a different kind of athlete.  

Simmons is a specimen himself. 6-10 and 240 lbs at the age of 21. Even I didn't think he would be this big.