Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

I believe his only competition will be Ben Simmons.

Don't forget about Giannis.  People forget that The Freak is only 22 years old.  Simmons is 21, Embiid is 23.  

Giannis' euro step from behind the free throw line ending in a dunk, might be my favorite thing in basketball right now.  Look at this absurdity:

That just isn't fair. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Looking forward to seeing Enes "The Enforcer" Kanter try his tough-guy act with Embiid in a few weeks.  Should go over real well.

He was right to get in Lebron's face.  Lebron is amazing, maybe the best player ever, but he's not a tough guy.  He should leave the chest bumping to whatever teammate is he's tapped as enforcer.  

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, Predicto said:

For the record, when I was a kid the only team I cared about was the Redskins because it was the only team my Dad cared about.  I only started  paying more than passing attention to the NBA and MLB when I left for college.   

I've been in SF for almost 30 years, and I suffered through 25 years of horror with the Warriors before the miracles started happening.  

But I'm still a Redskins fan which means I must suffer forever

Nobody cares.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Destino said:

Pump the breaks.  

He's probably the most well rounded rookie since LeBron. The comparisons have already been made to LeBron and Magic.

If he stays healthy, the kid is going to be a megastar.

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

When Simmons developes an offensive game, we could be seeing LeBron part 2.

He isnt as athletic as Lebron. Not near as good finishing around the rim.

Look at Lebron's numbers his rookie year. He still beats Simmons, and the game was played at a slower pace then.

That aint a knock on Simmons, but Lebron was a supernova. Also Lebron was 18/19. Simmons is 20/21.

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He isnt as athletic as Lebron. Not near as good finishing around the rim.

Look at Lebron's numbers his rookie year. He still beats Simmons, and the game was played at a slower pace then.

That aint a knock on Simmons, but Lebron was a supernova. Also Lebron was 18/19. Simmons is 20/21.

Last night against the Clippers gave us a glimpse of what Simmons can become. Might have been his most impressive offensive game yet.

It's early, but right now, Simmons overall game is better than rookie LeBron's.

Edited by DM72

21 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Lamar Odom? Are you serious?

Are you serious?

Lamar Odom coming out of Rhode Island was everything Ben Simmons is right now. 

When Lamar Odom was coming out of college, he was compared to Magic Johnson. Just because he was a rockhead who developed a drug addiction and married a Khardasian, doesn't ignore Odom's talent level. He was a special talent.

If Lamar Odom of 1999 entered the draft in 2016, and with the way we have moved to position-less basketball, he would have been fighting for the #1 pick.

He definitely would have been #1 pick in 2017.

35 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Lamar Odom? Are you serious?

people kinda forget what Odom was supposed to be like, its not a bad comparison actually now that I think about it

Odom once posted a 30/19/10 game if memory serves, he was a unique talent that probably missed his timing in the league

Odom kinda screwed himself because he was basically one handed.  A better focused, more consistent Odom who can use both hands is a HOF player

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1