Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i don't think anybody is saying Simmons won't be much better than Odom, i think its more like Odom could have been Simmons if he maximized his talent, and had a better timing for his skillset

Odom just wasn’t the kind of athlete that Simmons is.  He looks like a seven footer and he’s the fastest player on his team.

Short preseason and a summer of significant league-wide roster churn exposed which teams have the best coaches.  Stevens and Van Gundy and Vogel and Thibs all had their teams on point coming into the year.   But things are stabilizing and the talent rich teams with lesser coaching like the Cavs and Wizards and Raptors are catching up.

Ball is such trash. I wish I could be in his head though. I want to know if his dads bravado gives him confidence and drives him or if it hurts him. I can imagine that if his pops stopped with all the bull**** all of a sudden and was like 'Yea he needs to work on alot to be successful' it would feel like even dad lost faith in him. 

Interesting kid. Still trash. But interesting. 

Star centers are becoming more well rounded players right before our eyes and we should all appreciate this very visible evolution of the game.  Same thing already happened to power forwards.  Remember the term "stretch four"?  That's basically a useless term now, all the good power forwards can shoot.  It's expected.  The differences between PF and SF is now essentially just foot speed.  If you're 6'8 or taller and fast enough to guard NBA wings, you can play small forward.  If you can't, you're a PF.  Players that can't guard either, or can't shoot, are usually coming off the bench.  The catalyst for change is, again, the three ball.  Any player that learns to shoot threes has to develop the related skill sets which are pump fakes, drives, and passing/shooting off the dribble. 

I just hope Embiid can stay healthy, because he's got superstar written all over him.  The scary thing is that Ben Simmons does too.  If those two giants get much better (which all star players do after some experience) the sixers might just have something special. 

• Like 1

picard.png

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

Star centers are becoming more well rounded players right before our eyes and we should all appreciate this very visible evolution of the game.  Same thing already happened to power forwards.  Remember the term "stretch four"?  That's basically a useless term now, all the good power forwards can shoot.  It's expected.  The differences between PF and SF is now essentially just foot speed.  If you're 6'8 or taller and fast enough to guard NBA wings, you can play small forward.  If you can't, you're a PF.  Players that can't guard either, or can't shoot, are usually coming off the bench.  The catalyst for change is, again, the three ball.  Any player that learns to shoot threes has to develop the related skill sets which are pump fakes, drives, and passing/shooting off the dribble. 

I just hope Embiid can stay healthy, because he's got superstar written all over him.  The scary thing is that Ben Simmons does too.  If those two giants get much better (which all star players do after some experience) the sixers might just have something special. 

The evolution of the NBA right now is something remarkable. 

This is another golden era.

• Like 3