Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

This team doesn't really have a future to work toward. What they're looking at is a few years of muddling around in the middle of the conference, without a legit chance at contention, similar to Boston. Then as they've gotten the last out of Wade, he'll retire, and they'll go into the tank.

Boston's problem is they never sign premiere free agents. Ever. Ever. In their history.....ever. They can make trades, but - even then - it has to be a special player because Boston is known for two things among NBA players - bad weather and racist fans. Stevens might become a coach players want to play for. And - thankfully - a lot of the racist stuff is going away in Boston. So...maybe. But it's still an uphill climb to sign a guy with "It snows in May, they trashed Bill Russell's house, and called the police on Dee Brown for breaking into his own home."

Miami is always going to be a team that bottoms out....and then immediately tries to get good by making a big splash in free agency.

They won't be able to sustain it the way the Lakers did, but they seem themselves as a destination franchise. A place where everyone in the league wants to play eventually. It won't ever be difficult for them to be competitive after a down period.

Yeah I was gonna post the same thing

Id take love over all of them

Even if you do take Love over all of them, I listed 13 players, 7 was listed in that post, that still means Love would have been behind six players. And that is my main point, he's not top 5 and probably isn't top 10. 

Shoot, I forgot about Bosh and Wade too. 

Edited by MLSKINS

Thinking about it, the Central division is going to be brutal this season. Chicago, Indy, and Cleveland all look pretty good now, 50 win teams.

The Central teams are going to beat up on each other. I could see the Raptors getting the 1 seed as a result.

Problem is, the way the NBA schedules, the divisions don't play each other enough. They only meet 4 times.

I don't know, Davis is widely considered one of the best and most promising young players in the game. He was a no brainer #1 pick a la Tim Duncan. He put up crazy numbers this season and got a lot of attention for it. I don't think he's flying under the radar at all.

I say that because, whenever there is a list or comparison of the best big men in the game, a guy like Howard is always the first name said and it seems like Anthony Davis is almost a honorable mention. I would take Davis over Dwight, right now. I think it's normally due to the fact alot of people don't watch the NBA until the playoffs, and the Pelicans haven't been good enough to make the playoffs and don't get much national exposure. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I say that because, whenever there is a list or comparison of the best big men in the game, a guy like Howard is always the first name said and it seems like Anthony Davis is almost a honorable mention. I would take Davis over Dwight, right now. I think it's normally due to the fact alot of people don't watch the NBA until the playoffs, and the Pelicans haven't been good enough to make the playoffs and don't get much national exposure.

The reason people will put Dwight over Davis is because Davis hasn't really proven anything yet and Dwight has.

What exactly has Dwight proven? That he knows how to get coaches fired and run away from accountability.

You don't like him? That'd put you in the same boat as pretty much everyone outside of the Rockets fan base. I get it, he's a big d-bag. I don't like him either. But he's still a great player.

Do I really have to rattle off his accomplishments?

Also...no one has really ever seen Davis play. He's as off the radar as an NBA superstar can be right now. I mean, I love the NBA and I ALWAYS pause for a half second to recall the name of the team he plays for.

Yeah, he's hard to catch outside their market. But he alone is enough of a draw to get me to find an online stream for their games.

Davis has that "easy for the purists to root for" appeal. His game is suuuuch a throwback that it seem revolutionary to a new generation of fans. The first time I ever watched him was in the 2011 Nike Hoops Summit game and it was just obviously immediately he was the best player on the court and a truly special talent. It's like an aura. Then that legendary freshman season at Kentucky. Capped off by a championship game performance where he completely dominated the game and went 1-10 from the field and scored 6 points.

I can't help but make the comparison to Bill Russell. I wish I'd been able to watch Russell, and I wonder if watching Davis today isn't a similar experience? I think he's the most holistically great big man to come along in forever. Since Duncan probably.

If I had Anthony Davis, I honestly don't even know if I trade him for LeBron or Durant. I'm totally confident he wins New Orleans a championship eventually.

BUT, to my original point, he's coming off his second season. He's still figuring it out and he hasn't really proven anything yet.

You don't like him? That'd put you in the same boat as pretty much everyone outside of the Rockets fan base. I get it, he's a big d-bag. I don't like him either. But he's still a great player.

Do I really have to rattle off his accomplishments?

Yes. You are. Sorry. I don't really feel like he's accomplished anything outside of the Olympics, which he can thank other superstars for. Despite his physical dominance, he has an underdeveloped post game, and he's been mentored by the very best at the position (Ewing, Olajuwon). He can't be your primary scoring option. He is dominant on the defensive end. 

To make it all worse, his disc issues with his back are troubling. There is no real surgery developed to 100% fix that problem, 

Yes. You are. Sorry. I don't really feel like he's accomplished anything outside of the Olympics, which he can thank other superstars for. Despite his physical dominance, he has an underdeveloped post game, and he's been mentored by the very best at the position (Ewing, Olajuwon). He can't be your primary scoring option. He is dominant on the defensive end. 

To make it all worse, his disc issues with his back are troubling. There is no real surgery developed to 100% fix that problem, 

OK, if you want to discount his gold medal where he was the starting C, then how about Dwight has proven he's an 8 time All Star, 5 time first team All NBA selection, 1 time second team All NBA, 2 time All NBA third team, 3 time DPOY winner.  He led the Magic to the Finals on his own in 2009.  Made the playoffs seven times and is a beast of a playoff performer, averaging 39 minutes a game, 20 PPG on 59% shooting, along with 14 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game.

That's what Dwight has proven.  Now what has Anthony Davis proven?

Pre Back surgery, Dwight was one of the all time great defensive big men. This isnt even an argument.

You can diss his offensive game, but he was and still is the best center in the league.

It's because of his eyebrow(s)

Nobody wants to see that even if they don't want to be rude about it. 

OK, if you want to discount his gold medal where he was the starting C, then how about Dwight has proven he's an 8 time All Star, 5 time first team All NBA selection, 1 time second team All NBA, 2 time All NBA third team, 3 time DPOY winner.  He led the Magic to the Finals on his own in 2009.  Made the playoffs seven times and is a beast of a playoff performer, averaging 39 minutes a game, 20 PPG on 59% shooting, along with 14 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game.

That's what Dwight has proven.  Now what has Anthony Davis proven?

Ok.....I have an irrational dislike for Dwight Howard. I admit it now leave me alone!  -_-

God damn Steve is a beast with the numbers lol

I say this a lot but this is the best, most knowledgeable thread on the board

God damn Steve is a beast with the numbers lol

I say this a lot but this is the best, most knowledgeable thread on the board because all the regulars know their ****

Outside of that little dust up a few weeks ago, **** is always top notch

#freemrsinister

• Like 1

Ok.....I have an irrational dislike for Dwight Howard. I admit it now leave me alone!  -_-

I dislike him too.  I'm glad I don't have to root for him.  I think he's a huge tool and I wonder if his teammates even like him.  Chandler Parsons was supposed to be one of his best friends in the league and Dwight dissed him.

Harden and Dwight deserve each other.

Nevertheless, he's a great player.

I feel sorry for Trevor Ariza.  Ariza is a genuinely good dude and great teammate.  He's going to hate playing with those two IMO.

• Like 1