Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So much riding on this next hire, which is taking a really long time. 

Maybe a sign they really doing their homework for a change...

Jesus...can we jus skip game 4 in both these series so we can go straight to the Finals?

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe a sign they really doing their homework for a change...

Jesus...can we jus skip game 4 in both these series so we can go straight to the Finals?

They took a long time last time and we got Tommy. 

Brown and Tatum 7-40 from three so far this series. 

Heat vs Nuggets is gonna be great. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't be so optimistic...mess around and get the Warriors GM...

That would be great. I'm fine with any of the leaked names so far as long as Ted gives them freedom to rebuild or completely retool. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Can the Wiz just hire the person responsible for running Miami's scouting department?  Good lord, this is incredible.

It's not just finding players, it's a commitment to developing them and giving them playing time in a role that fits. The Wiz way is to watch Goodwin have a good game playing 15-20 minutes then only give him 2 minutes the next game if he gets on the court at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

If you’re Boston, do you give Tatum the 5/$318 that he’s eligible for after next season?

The amount of money in pro sports is insane. I would not give out supermax contracts to more than a few players going forward in the league and he's not one of them at the moment. (but Boston will probably do it) I'm excluding prime Lebron and prime Steph cause they wouldn't get another supermax contract. Only Giannis, Jokic, Booker, and Luka. So many bad contracts in the league that teams almost immediately want to move or they just cripple a team. 

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

The amount of money in pro sports is insane. I would not give out supermax contracts to more than a few players going forward in the league and he's not one of them at the moment. (but Boston will probably do it) I'm excluding prime Lebron and prime Steph cause they wouldn't get another supermax contract. Only Giannis, Jokic, Booker, and Luka. So many bad contracts in the league that teams almost immediately want to move or they just cripple a team. 

I'm curious why Booker and not Tatum?  Booker seems to have even less of a case, IMO.

Funny how the playoffs change people's mind on a coach. Mazzulla got decent praise during the season considering he was forced into the HC position a month before the season started and only 2 or so years after coaching a NCAA Division II program. 

And as a WVU alum, Mazzulla played on some very good teams. He went to the F4 his Jr year. I still can't figure out how that 2011 Marquette team that knocked WVU out early (F4 the previous season) was so bad during the regular season. They had Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious why Booker and not Tatum?  Booker seems to have even less of a case, IMO.

Leadership. Maybe it's cause Tatum is just 19 years old that he hasn't developed it yet, but dude doesn't appear to be the leader of his team. He hasn't hit a FG in the 4th quarter of a game in the conference finals. 

On the biggest stage, Booker has been great in the finals and Tatum has been his best in the Eastern conference semis. Tatum can still can that narrative but that's how I see it. 

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Funny how the playoffs change people's mind on a coach. Mazzulla got decent praise during the season considering he was forced into the HC position a month before the season started and only 2 or so years after coaching a NCAA Division II program. 

And as a WVU alum, Mazzulla played on some very good teams. He went to the F4 his Jr year. I still can't figure out how that 2011 Marquette team that knocked WVU out early (F4 the previous season) was so bad during the regular season. They had Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder. 

People forget that about the coaching situation. This guy wasn't gonna be a head coach for a few years at least. It wouldn't surprise me if they reached out to Bud or Monte to see if they have interest.