Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 10/10/2021 at 6:31 PM, CRobi21 said:

Some insane stats in this vid. Thank God for that rule change.. **** was embarrassing to watch.

"While James Harden triple jumps his way to the three point line." What a great line. 

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Now compare the number of 3pt attempts last year vs 2001 season. 

Ah true I didn't consider that.  Do you happen to have that stat?  Still, that discrepancy is too large to simply be chalked up to more players shooting 3 point shots.  Clearly players are intentionally trying to draw fouls.  The kicking of legs and flops really bother me, almost as bad as soccer flopping but not quite as dramatic or absurd.

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Ah true I didn't consider that.  Do you happen to have that stat?  Still, that discrepancy is too large to simply be chalked up to more players shooting 3 point shots.  Clearly players are intentionally trying to draw fouls.  The kicking of legs and flops really bother me, almost as bad as soccer flopping but not quite as dramatic or absurd.

If I had to guess, the increase in attempts is astronomical since 2001.

Edit. According to the link below it has gone up from 14.7 3pt attempts per game to 34.6 last year. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 6:31 PM, CRobi21 said:

Some insane stats in this vid. Thank God for that rule change.. **** was embarrassing to watch.

That was the first I had heard of that rule change.

And I welcome it with open arms.  

Can't wait to see all the crying by a very specific group of players now lol.

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

If I had to guess, the increase in attempts is astronomical since 2001.

Edit. According to the link below it has gone up from 14.7 3pt attempts per game to 34.6 last year. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

But 3 point fouls went up with 3.8% a game to like 8.2%. So it’s not like he foul rate has stayed consistent. It has gone by players like harden trying to game the system. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

But 3 point fouls went up with 3.8% a game to like 8.2%. So it’s not like he foul rate has stayed consistent. It has gone by players like harden trying to game the system. 

3pt attempts are up 235% since 2001. It only make sense that fouls on those shots would go up, not to mention they'd be more contested in the current version of the game. And I've agreed that the rule needed to be tweaked. I also said poor defensive play should not be rewarded. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

3pt attempts are up 235% since 2001. It only make sense that fouls on those shots would go up, not to mention they'd be more contested in the current version of the game. And I've agreed that the rule needed to be tweaked. I also said poor defensive play should not be rewarded. 

This change is not rewarding poor defense.

No one is saying that the number of fouls wouldn't go up since attempts went up, but they didn't go up at even close to the same rate. 

Edited by Hersh

• Destino changed the title to ***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***