Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, therein lies the rub. When you got old ass ladies dunking on you and going viral, its bad. I feel bad for  Monty Williams, because theyre so  chaotic im not sure he'll have enough time to really get anything going there,before they  change their mind about him too.

Until Wall got hurt, I always looked at that team as needing a PG and a way the Wiz could begin a rebuild quickly. 

If they sign Russell and add a couple solid vets, they become a playoff team.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd say I'm disappointed in the level of apathy with this new world order since the decision, but some of yall sound actually excited.  I can see why this is different is being the Lakers. 

Same time, it's still something my franchise and most other franchise cant compete with if it happens.  So no, I'm not happy, but I will watch, I am curious as a basketball fan. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Glad to know I'm not alone on this "new era" of free agency being trash.  I hate this ****, and it baffles me how so many people are okay with it.  

Bron takes his talents to LA, and they stink it up for a year for a high draft pick.  Then, Bron flexes his superstar muscle and gets the Lakers to "do whatever it takes" to get AD, and probably add another mega-star in the next 48 hours...all so The King can buy another ring with his latest mercenary squad of all-stars.  

Meanwhile, the Lakers future is screwed as they traded away picks out the wazoo...but James doesn't give ****.

I acknowledge his greatness on the court, but Lebron's "build-a-ship" FA tactics are nauseating.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chew said:

Glad to know I'm not alone on this "new era" of free agency being trash.  I hate this ****, and it baffles me how so many people are okay with it.  

Bron takes his talents to LA, and they stink it up for a year for a high draft pick.  Then, Bron flexes his superstar muscle and gets the Lakers to "do whatever it takes" to get AD, and probably add another mega-star in the next 48 hours...all so The King can buy another ring with his latest mercenary squad of all-stars.  

Meanwhile, the Lakers future is screwed as they traded away picks out the wazoo...but James doesn't give ****.

I acknowledge his greatness on the court, but Lebron's "build-a-ship" FA tactics are nauseating.  

I get where you're coming from but the NBA free agency is by far and away the most interesting FA season in all of sports.  Baseball is boring in comparison, a player like Bryce Harper doesn't necessarily move the needle for a team the way a top NBA talent does.  Football is almost there, there's that initial flurry of activities that are interesting too...but it doesn't shift the power of the league the way that someone like Kawhi or LeBron can.  The NBA offseason is like the ultimate sports soap opera.  Half these guys are friends with each other and trying to figure out what to do.  The teams act like they have influence and they do to a certain extent with who can offer max contracts, etc...but when you've got Kawhi and KD or LeBron and Kyrie or whatever set of friends hanging out and talking about plans, Danny Ainge, Daryl Morey or whoever else takes a back seat.  No other sport is like that.

I don't think LeBron expected things to go that far south in LA this year.  But it's not surprising that the Lakers are going to do whatever it takes to reload this offseason.  I mean, you land a guy like LeBron and even though he's headed towards the sunset of his career you can't NOT do something to surround him with win now talent.  Is that LeBron's fault?  I don't think so, I just think it comes with the magnitude of being him, it's part of the territory. 

Is it a mercenary squad?  Sure.  But I think only the fans care about "weak moves" and "mercenary squads."  Those dudes just want to win, they don't care how they go about doing it.  I don't think Kawhi cares if he's "the man" for a team or if he has to pair up with LeBron to win another ring.

It does suck because a team like ours is perpetually out in the cold, but the Wizards have themselves to thank for their current situation after years of EG.  Maybe one day they'll be able to make a FA splash.  Maybe they won't, but maybe they'll build a good team through the draft.  At any rate, the Wizards don't play in this arena because they can't right now and I get that.  So when I see LeBron heading out to LA and building another mercenary team I'm not really bothered by it that much because I know my team can't compete due to the ****ty decisions they've made year after year.  Even then, LeBron, Kawi, AD?  That could be a lot of fun to watch, even if you don't like the Lakers. 

I just want to see the Knicks left out in the cold.  Like, forever.  I want the Knicks to be perpetually like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant, just out in the miserable cold.  Frostbitten, crawling along, haggard, disheveled, hallucinating and completely miserable.  I am hoping the next few days come to pass and the Knicks have landed no one except Jeremy Lin and Enes Kanter.  I love that Kyrie is bypassing them and going to Brooklyn.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chew said:

First of all **** the lakers future, but LeBron has got them as title favorites. That’s a bright future. It’s quite possible Ingram and Ball never amount to anything but decent players. The lakers future without AD was a complete unknown.

second Bron didn’t try to stink it up for a year. They were in win now mode, but he got hurt and so did Ingram and Ball and they weren’t as good as they thought. 

LeBron single handily made the Lakers competitive again. 

• Like 2

Even if the Wizards had three all-stars, 3 of the 5 best players in the NBA would be on one team.  

It's just a deeper gravity pit in spacetime then even then the Warriors are, it further breaks the competitive balance.  It comes across like this excuse is being made that because it could happen anywhere its technically fair.  No its not, that's like saying instead of who maintains the best franchise over a number of years its who wins the lottery from time to time.

The irony of it all is my love/hate for the Warriors.  I can see the arguement they drafted their way into a 73-win superteam before KD even got there, I don't remember being mad about that, KD going there is what pissed me off.  That 73 win team is what it looks like when a team drafts well and doesn't have their stars robbed from them.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

Look man, its as simple as DBZ. When Goku killed Raditz and his scouter went off,that sent Vegeta and Nappa after him looking for a fight. Then everything snowballed, attracting more and more and more enemies to try and raise their level to match his

There will always be "That team" out there on some Red Ribbon Army ****. Dont mean a damn thing. a kid on a cloud with a stick (otherwise known as crazy ****) can still happen

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Someone made interesting point that perhaps KL isn’t as positive about his health. He missed a lot of games this year and you saw him lose some speed in the playoffs. Maybe he is looking for a team we’re he can rest. LeBron is also 35 and AD is injury prone. 

Injuries to one of them and I think they are done. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chew said:

Meanwhile, the Lakers future is screwed as they traded away picks out the wazoo...but James doesn't give ****

I get what you are saying but I’d they win a title, who cares about their future? It’s worth it for the ring. The lakers can always reset anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

Even for a different franchise it would

be worth it.  The raptors could have traded 4 firsts for 1 year of Kawhi but it got them a ring so I’m sure they’d do it again every single time for that return. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Someone made interesting point that perhaps KL isn’t as positive about his health. He missed a lot of games this year and you saw him lose some speed in the playoffs. Maybe he is looking for a team we’re he can rest. LeBron is also 35 and AD is injury prone. 

Injuries to one of them and I think they are done. 

I could see Lebron and Kawhi doing minutes restrictions and being carefully monitored similar to how Kawhi was this year. They can coast thru the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Look man, its as simple as DBZ. When Goku killed Raditz and his scouter went off,that sent Vegeta and Nappa after him looking for a fight. Then everything snowballed, attracting more and more and more enemies to try and raise their level to match his

There will always be "That team" out there on some Red Ribbon Army ****. Dont mean a damn thing. a kid on a cloud with a stick (otherwise known as crazy ****) can still happen

There's no doubt about it the NBA universe tries to self correct itself when **** gets out of control.  Jordan gambling, Kobe and Shaq can't stay in the same room, Warriors injuries to stars a year each.  All in the name of competitive balance I suppose.  I don't wish ill on any of them, I'm sure some asshole Wizards fan went off on wishings injuries on RealGM and cost us Wall.

Note:  Just because God works in mysterious ways doesn't mean any of us have to, use your blinker, please.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^^^

Flawless victory

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Warriors were done by injuries. Miami couldn’t touch this team. 

We're the special needs kid now, is that even fun? Or are you talking about the Big 3? Oh LeBron was on that team. Apparently that was enough to touch y'all quite a bit

• Haha 1

This would be an entertaining outcome for 2019-20 League Pass purposes...

KD - NYK
Kawhi/Harris - LAC
Russell - Minn
Horford - NO
Butler/PBev/JJ - 76ers
Love - Utah
Brogdon/Boogie/Curry - LAL
Bojan/Thad - Mavs
Rubio - Indy
Randle - Nets
Middleton/Lopez - Mil
Morris Twins - Sac

Edited by ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA needs to come up with a legal streaming service for in market fans.

Speaking of legal streaming, how are ya'll planning on watching games next season?

I've been linking from reddit for the last decade for NBA.