Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: The New England Patriots have signed Tim Tebow (merged)

FSUSkins24

Tebow has a large ego? That's news to me.

Nonetheless, things don't look too promising for him after last night's Patriots game in Detroit. Brady played the first half, Mallet played the second, and Tebow didn't get a snap.

And I love this quote...classic Belichick:

Reporter: Why did you only play two quarterbacks?

Belichick: Because we only played two quarterbacks.

Tebow has a large ego? That's news to me.

Nonetheless, things don't look too promising for him after last night's Patriots game in Detroit. Brady played the first half, Mallet played the second, and Tebow didn't get a snap.

And I love this quote...classic Belichick:

Reporter: Why did you only play two quarterbacks?

Belichick: Because we only played two quarterbacks.

when the world tells you you can't play QB and you say you can that is ego

OT, but I remember seeing an interview with Keyshawn Johnson, when the Bucs granted his request to get him off the team, and traded him to the Giants, I think it was.

He couldn't wait to run to the nearest camera an microphone, and announce how joyed he was to finally get away from that hellhole in Tampa Bay, and away from John Gruden and his monstrous ego.

And my mind went through several thoughts, in order.

1). Didn't the Bucs go to the Super Bowl, like a year ago?

2). Did I just hear Keyshawn Johnson call out somebody for having a monstrous ego?

3). Uh, Keyshawn? Has anybody mentioned that you're going to be playing for Bill Parcells?

4). In fact, Keysawn, I'm certainly not an expert, but I really suspect that ALL NFL head coaches have monstrous egos. People with small egos don't get that job.

Not to bring up a dead thread, but this is one of those moment that Bill Bellichick will regret listening to Josh McDaniel. I just saw Tebow's "highlights" against the Buccs. LOL.  1-7 and -1 yard with a horrible int.  Seriously, I'm just so sick of Tebow's ego and "pride".  Even he has to realize he sucks playing the QB position.  The "success" that he has in Denver was the worst thing that happened to his career, imo.  Because of that, he adamantly believes he can play the QB, but in reality the amount of fluke, lucky, and great defenses helped save that Broncos' season.                 

Just because he was drafted in the first round doesn't mean that he's guaranteed to have success.  And he's not the first player to be asked to switch position.  There are countless of prospects who switched position once they enter the big league, and they made a career out of it.  I'm just so sick of Tebow and his ego.

Has he actually refused to switch positions and play something else?  I thought he'd already said he just wanted to play football and would play any other position.  He seemed to do that whole "punt protector" thing for the Jets without complaint, from what I read. 

Has he actually refused to switch positions and play something else?  I thought he'd already said he just wanted to play football and would play any other position.  He seemed to do that whole "punt protector" thing for the Jets without complaint, from what I read. 

You are correct sir! He offered to do whatever the Pats needed, but the party line was "we brought Tim here to compete for QB only."

when the world tells you you can't play QB and you say you can that is ego

Plenty of people in all walks of life, now and in the past, have been told they "Can't " do something, and have done it, and succeeded. I'm not saying Tebow can succeed, but to say that is ego, is a little... Off. I can call that many things, and egotistical isn't one of them. In order to succeed at anything, you have to believe it first. Tebow believes it. I don't fault him for that. That is a special quality that a lot of people don't have, whether they are capable of it or not.

The bottom line is that the dude has been given opportunites, but has only shown that if coaches can hold his hand schematically, that he can win you a game (in which other areas of your team have to perform flawlessly) 17-14. That doesn't mean that he should stop trying though. Ultimately, it's coaches and GM's who decide whether he can keep playing or not at the NFL level. He doesn't magically appear on their rosters.

I think Buffalo wants to get better, and no team, not even the Bills, are a better team with Teblow on its roster. On that note, I hope the Giants pick him up.

well i think that is with Tebow as a QB...

Tebow just needs to give that up and be willing to play TE/HB role..

well i think that is with Tebow as a QB...

Tebow just needs to give that up and be willing to play TE/HB role..

Then he needs to learn how to block and run routes. Not to mention running won't be as easy without the threat (hah) of throwing as a qb. It won't be easy, and I doubt it's worth it over a real tight end.

I hope for only good things for him, including reviving his NFL career.  He's a good kid who deserves better than the ugly backlash that he's experienced through no real fault of his own.

he refuses to learn his limits and keeps talking.  That is his own fault.  It is one thing to pursue your dream stubbornly when no one is giving you a chance, but when you are given a chance mulitple times and fail it is time to adapt

When he finally gives up on his so called dream; he will be raking in the dough with his motivtional speeches.  Eventually, he will enter politics.  Congress, Senator, Governor and yes- a future candidate for the Republican nomination.

I see Tebow eventually getting involved in the Florida political scene.  First, though he will try to keep going after his dream and this story will probably go one for a while.

When he finally gives up on his so called dream; he will be raking in the dough with his motivtional speeches.  Eventually, he will enter politics.  Congress, Senator, Governor and yes- a future candidate for the Republican nomination.

I see Tebow eventually getting involved in the Florida political scene.  First, though he will try to keep going after his dream and this story will probably go one for a while.

I really don't get why people are saying he's going to go into politics. He has said nothing political. If anything, I think he's going to try to go into evangelical ministries, sort of like the less successful Billy Sunday of football.

I have to say it...he made native Gators proud.  (Especially when he got completely knocked out, and woke up and said,"it's great to be a Florida Gator").  He's just not fast enough for the NFL game.  Not as a quarterback.  I think he'd be an awesome TE...maybe he can't turn his head fast enough, I don't know. 

Tebow is destined for the Raiders or Jax.

Buffalo has EJ Manual, once he gets healthy. Who looked pretty good until he got hurt.

Tebow isn't going to Jax. Their owner has been very vocal about not signing him. Personally, I think his NFL career is over. I think it speaks volumes when the guy that drafts you, gives up on you.

And there have been football people that have stated that Tebow isn't a good fit for either the AFL or CFL. So we may have seen the last of him, anywhere.

I think that EJ Manuel kid is going to be fantastic, if he can stay healthy.

Archived