Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: The New England Patriots have signed Tim Tebow (merged)

FSUSkins24

So does this mean that Tebow is moving to TE? Brady and Mallet, Gronk needing more surgery, Hernandez with his own injury issues. TE makes all the sense in the world.

And while I'm here and speaking of Mallet, how has he looked? Is there an opinion up there that he might be the QB of the future?

If it was anyone, but the Pats, I'd be laughing my ass off.    You best believe that Belicheat will utilize him in a manner that can only benefit NE

Agreed. On another forum a couple of months ago, I said that if anyone could make Tebow a winner, Belichick can. I didn't expect it to happen though.  :blink: 

So, camp-fodder or legit tryout?

If any team could handle signing Tebow, it's the Pats. Nobody will be clamoring to bench Brady. Nobody will question Belichick's decisions regarding Tebow. The Pats are one of the few teams that can absorb the craziness that follows this kid around.

... I think. :)

If any team could handle signing Tebow, it's the Pats. Nobody will be clamoring to bench Brady. Nobody will question Belichick's decisions regarding Tebow. The Pats are one of the few teams that can absorb the craziness that follows this kid around.

... I think. :)

They made it through Ochocinco and got to the Super Bowl, so I think they can handle Tebow.

I'd have to imagine that NE wouldn't have signed him if they didn't think they could get something out of him...

Then again, what's the point of signing him when you weigh his skillset against everything else he brings to the table? Anyways, I'm not sure how this is going to go. Has it been determined what position he's going to play? even as a TE/FB it might be an adventure. It takes a lot more than being big/quick to have even moderate success at each position.

On another note...

:rotflmao:

...Has it been determined what position he's going to play?

Rapoport reported that Tebow is being brought in as a quarterback,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210586/article/tim-tebow-to-sign-with-new-england-patriots-play-qb

Dunno. McDaniels (who seems to be the one guy that believed that Tebow could be a franchise QB) is the OC there, and he drafted him in Denver, then never got  the chance to finish what he started. I guess if there is one place where this could even remotely work, it's NE.

You have McDaniels in your corner, and you have a team that is (or was before the TE injuries and Welker departure) competing for SB's, so he doesn't have to worry about unseating Brady, or ridiculously languishing as a PP, not to mention that that place is run like a Cold War nuclear missile silo when it comes to media attention. He can just nab that 3rd QB spot, and continuously work on his craft without the glaring spotlight

If it was anyone, but the Pats, I'd be laughing my ass off.    You best believe that Belicheat will utilize him in a manner that can only benefit NE

That's what we said about Albert Haynesworth.

Yeah, that was my first thought.

We'll see, he's obviously no threat to Brady and that's the big thing about wherever he went, he couldn't backup someone that wasn't secure in their role.

Haynesworth and Tebow are polar opposites of each other

Haynesworth and Tebow are polar opposites of each other

Exactly. I know Tim wants to play QB, but he seems waaaaaay more open to doing what's asked of him than Albert.

The beauty of this is that there is basically no downside. If it works, then they just pulled another stud out of the bargain bin; if it doesn't, they can cut him at the end of preseason and wash their hands (with Holy water) of the matter.

This is the smartest NFL move that Tebow could have made if he truly wants to remain at the QB spot.  This move allows Tebow to sit and learn from one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, without the hoopla that has followed him on other teams.  Tebow won't be starting anytime soon, not as long as Brady is behind center.  If Brady throws an INT the fans won't start clamoring for Tebow.

Also, by signing with the Pats he's reunited with the one coach that believed in him more than any other in McDaniels.  Given some time McDaniels may be able to mold Tebow into a functional back up QB in the NFL.  While I think Tebow will never be a successful traditional QB, this is by far the best move to help further his career as QB in the league.

I wish Tebow the best.  I only wish he could've gone to a weak QB team and had a chance to prove himself and possibly earn starting time.  It would be a shame to see somebody with the heart and drive of him get run out of the league.

Archived