Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You don't want 2001 XFL, but comfortable going all the way back to 1947?

100% yes. How is that even a question?

I want to look like a team that has been around for over 80 years. Not one that is an expansion team with some ridiculous logo or font that looks like it came from cartoon network.

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I want to look like a team that has been around for over 80 years. Not one that is an expansion team with some ridiculous logo or font that looks like it came from cartoon network.

Thank goodness you're not near the marketing team. 

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We should probably come up with a new theme song, if we go with Redwolves.

Or you could change "skins" and one line to "wolves in a war pack" (or similar), maybe remove the pseudo war chant music that's sometimes mixed in, and the rest is fine.

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Totally get what you're saying and agree in principle, but I can't get excited about letters as logos, period. If they do end up with "Warriors," I truly hope they can come up with a better approach than a letter. 

Red Wolves is at the bottom of my list.

First consider the animal.  It is a weak extirpated K9 that is a hybrid of true wolf, dog and coyote.  It was pushed out by light civilization, without much effort.  When they tried to reintroduce it, it could not hold it's own with non-native coyotes that had moved into the east.

It is an accident of nature that quickly died out. It is not physically dominant or an inspiring beast.  

The only plausible explanation for naming a team after it is to keep the word "red" in the name.  Not sufficient IMO.

Secondly, the re-introduction attempts of the red wolf is more of a cause de celebre of the same SJW types that are attacking our current name.  Huge turnoff for me.

I like Warpath or Renegades much better.

So now trying to prevent the extinction of endangered species is an "SJW"-type effort? 

My god! It turns out I actually had "showing disdain for caring about animals as well as other humans" on my card, that's a BINGO! 

8 minutes ago, pigskinned said:

Red Wolves is at the bottom of my list.

First consider the animal.  It is a weak extirpated K9 that is a hybrid of true wolf, dog and coyote.  It was pushed out by light civilization, without much effort.  When they tried to reintroduce it, it could not hold it's own with non-native coyotes that had moved into the east.

It is an accident of nature that quickly died out. It is not physically dominant or an inspiring beast.  

The only plausible explanation for naming a team after it is to keep the word "red" in the name.  Not sufficient IMO.

Secondly, the re-introduction attempts of the red wolf is more of a cause de celebre of the same SJW types that are attacking our current name.  Huge turnoff for me.

I like Warpath or Renegades much better.

"Weak."

"Pushed out without much effort."

"Could not hold its own."

"Accident of nature." 

Sounds like it fits this team under Snyder's ownership perfectly! 

40 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Red, white and blue like the Giants?

Blue and silver in the mix like the Cowboys? 

I'm going to sacrifice a jackal this evening to Crom to ensure this does not happen. 

I mean that’s one way to look at it. Another is that those are just common colors that go really well together and come create entirely different looks. See giants, Texans, patriots all use same colors and look completely different. Some people are just way too hung up on our rivals 

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So now trying to prevent the extinction of endangered species is an "SJW"-type effort? 

My god! It turns out I actually had "showing disdain for caring about animals as well as other humans" on my card, that's a BINGO! 

It’s insanity 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They also don't go out of business. Arena League and XFL on the other hand. 

Offer the chance for ideas to blossom. Beautiful, wacky, vibrant, ideas. Sure, it may seem eccentric and at times, like the person did several rails of cocaine, but there is beauty in chaos, Buford.

Drop the embalming fluid and come with us

The perfect name is impossible because we are imperfect.  This thread could double in size looking for one.

I'm at hoping for one we can live with and wondering when we'll play again. I'm still feeling Werewolves even if no one else does.

And because I made a pretty harsh dig, I did some looking, best I could find is Redskins are 2-0 on SNF during full moons as of 8 years ago (open to anyone correcting me on that):

https://thelandryhat.com/2012/12/27/just-the-facts-cowboys-redskins-ii/

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean that’s one way to look at it. Another is that those are just common colors that go really well together and come create entirely different looks. See giants, Texans, patriots all use same colors and look completely different. Some people are just way too hung up on our rivals 

I think "common" is my problem with those color schemes, especially when it comes to "blue," which is a color used by nearly half of the teams in the NFL.  

There is no burgundy and gold color scheme anywhere else in the league. The closest are the Niners, whose colors are officially "Scarlet red" and "Metallic gold." Why adopt something common when you already have something unique ... and GORGEOUS. :)

And the Giants and Patriots look "completely different"? Really?

image.thumb.png.cfd860e9cf27b330145aacd98f0e859c.png

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Offer the chance for ideas to blossom. Beautiful, wacky, vibrant, ideas. Sure, it may seem eccentric and at times, like the person did several rails of cocaine, but there is beauty in chaos, Buford.

Drop the embalming fluid and come with us

I had some hypercolor stuff as a kid. It was fun until you washed it a few times. No desire for anything that will be compared to the Bucs digital clock numbers, the Jags fade helmet, or the Seahawks Ghostbusters Slimer Unis. 

41 minutes ago, pigskinned said:

Secondly, the re-introduction attempts of the red wolf is more of a cause de celebre of the same SJW types that are attacking our current name.

You're really reaching here.  You've had to go through some mental gymnastics to reach that conclusion. 

P.S.  Normal wolves had to be reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park with strict regulations in surrounding areas to help them.  Just because something isn't the tip top of the food chain as a predator, doesn't mean conservation efforts are worthless.

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Not a fan of that last design. Too USC. 

Agreed, though I thought ASU.  Don't like it, I really like the concept that Will Compton retweeted, especially if the colors are changing.  Even if they aren't incorporate the B&G with that design!

I do find it funny red wolves are considered "weak"

Because cardinals, blue jays, orioles, dolphins, and penguins are ****ing terrifying.

This is a beautiful animal. We also have a slam dunk mascot name: Rufus (Canine Rufus)

Canis_rufus_1_-_Syracuse_Zoo.jpg

I said it earlier in this thread, but if they’re goin with Redwolves the gotta ditch the burgundy and “gold” and go with something similar to that Terry design.

Crimson/Silver or Crimson/Grey with some gold trim would be tight tight tight

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Said it earlier I this thread, but if they’re goin with Redwolves the gotta ditch the burgundy and “gold” and go with something similar to that Terry design.

I feel we need to maintain some continuity. This franchise has been known as the Redskins and had those colors for ever. I really want to maintain some kind of classic look at least. I really don't want to be one of those teams that switch uniforms every 5 years.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I feel we need to maintain some continuity. This franchise has been known as the Redskins and had those colors for ever. I really want to maintain some kind of classic look at least. I really don't want to be one of those teams that switch uniforms every 5 years.

I hear ya, but if it’s gotta be more traditional burgundy and gold and not Ronald McDonald/USC/ or ASU

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

I hear ya, but if it’s gotta be more traditional burgundy and gold and not Ronald McDonald/USC/ or ASU

Fully agree. This uniform design is critical. People are going to have trouble accepting it because it's what we've known for so long.

Keeping some kind of consistency is important. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

deff22d4c276c2cd785bb6e261888010.gif

Duck Soup is one of my favorite movies. The scene with Harpo and Chico with the lemonade vendor gets me every time.

Archived