Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Boom.

that looks like a visual representation of what happened to House Stark during season 7-8. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I didnt share what the tweet said because i think it’s true—I dont at all, actually. I shared It Incase it somehow ends up being true (which, again, i don’t think it is). Clearly i think that’s a BS twitter account that’s been wrong MANY times before :) 

Just playing around bro 

11 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Not really into the Wolf logo.

Primary logo should be:

For me personally, no thanks. That will always be a Redskins logo to me and while I'll remember it with the confusing mixture of fondness and dislike that only a Washington fan can really understand, I think we need something new and a cleaner break. Keeping the colors (if that happens) is enough. 

35 minutes ago, max21 said:

I usually agree with everything you post on this board but I don’t see what the big deal is. 

My comment was more tongue in cheek. I don’t really have a preference to be honest. I think we could do a lot worse for sure.

As a rival fan of NC State, the “howling” over the PA will be more difficult for me to swallow. 😎

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, I’m not sure how credible the twitter account All-Pro Analytics is, but a tweet from the account at 4:44 says:

”It’s done. I’ve now been told by 2 CREDIBLE sources that the new name will be the Redwolves. What started out as a joke to some is now a reality. Announcement from the team is coming soon”. 

FWIW, the account also tweeted yesterday that Snyder was going to have a decision by COB (close of business) tonight. Although that could very well be  fake too, who knows. 

Well their twitter account has only 1400 followers. I’ve got more than that and I rarely post nowadays. KevinSheehan fwiw follows them. Who knows.

I hope they’re right regardless.

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Tired of the mustard yellow.  If we are going to call ourselves burgundy & gold I’m gonna need more gold.

Dragged my lady to the bar for Skins vs. Cowboys game. Believe we were wearing the gold pants and white jerseys. Her comment was “Great. Out of all the football teams, I gotta adopt the one that looks like a McDonalds commercial”.

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they can’t just run back the same logo. They have to mix it up a little. This is probably the best redwolves logo I’ve seen. 

I like that one...make the top part of the R look alittle more like a full moon and it works better

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We should probably come up with a new theme song, if we go with Redwolves.

No

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We should probably come up with a new theme song, if we go with Redwolves.

Assuming that the name change leads to a new stadium in D.C. this is how I would feel—

Yeah we’re moving on up

Moving on up

To the big time

With a dee lux wolf den in Dee Cee Eeee

(sung to the tune of The Jeffersons theme song)

17 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Well their twitter account has only 1400 followers. I’ve got more than that and I rarely post nowadays. KevinSheehan fwiw follows them. Who knows.

I hope they’re right regardless.

They're not credible.  They posted some random stuff during the season that definitely did not come true.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

red, white, blue to match the other DC teams.

Red, Black, White.

Red, Black, Silver

Red, Blue, Silver 

Red, white and blue like the Giants?

Blue and silver in the mix like the Cowboys? 

I'm going to sacrifice a jackal this evening to Crom to ensure this does not happen. 

Digging the Uni's that don't look like from the 2001 XFL. 

I don't have the photoshop skills to make a new uniform. But I can take a 2D helmet and flip around colors,add a layer or 10.

In my quest to be as boring as possible with a block W, I went with some other throwback colors from the 75th and 70th Anniversary Unis to make a helmet I feel like could have been worn by Bobby Mitchell in the 60's when the NFL and NCAA Uni's weren't so drastically different.

WarriorsHelmets.jpg

As I’ve marinated all day on Red Wolves and looked at some of the concept designs...I could definitely get behind that name.  Not sure I would choose it over Warriors right now, but I would not be upset if that’s the way they go.  

Edit: I also like the fact that the Red Wolves were a helicopter unit that supported the Seal Teams.

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Digging the Uni's that don't look like from the 2001 XFL. 

I don't have the photoshop skills to make a new uniform. But I can take a 2D helmet and flip around colors,add a layer or 10.

In my quest to be as boring as possible with a block W, I went with some other throwback colors from the 75th and 70th Anniversary Unis to make a helmet I feel like could have been worn by Bobby Mitchell in the 60's when the NFL and NCAA Uni's weren't so drastically different.

You don't want 2001 XFL, but comfortable going all the way back to 1947?

If they take the Redwolf name and just ****ize the Redskins logo and colors then I’d think it was silly. There’s nothing ****ing burgundy or gold about a RED WOLF.

Redwolfs: Go with a Red/White color scheme. Or Red/Silver (shiny white) so that it fits in with the rest of the city. 

Warriors: Keep the burgundy and gold and go with that generic ass W like above.

Just now, Springfield said:

If they take the Redwolf name and just ****ize the Redskins logo and colors then I’d think it was silly. There’s nothing ****ing burgundy or gold about a RED WOLF.

Redwolfs: Go with a Red/White color scheme. Or Red/Silver (shiny white) so that it fits in with the rest of the city. 

Warriors: Keep the burgundy and gold and go with that generic ass W like above.

Yea, that’s why I don’t think RedWolves is going to be the name.  It’s gonna be the Warriors with a tweaked version of burgundy & gold.  Emphasis on GOLD 

561538E4-D6D6-4B4C-8982-1F46895BB4EA.jpeg

Archived