Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

On 7/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I just want something that is at least a little idiosyncratic and has a solid connection to the region and it's culture.  I don't really want to do a cookie cutter carnivorous animal that any team could do.

The Washington Mumbo Sauce.

A couple color schemes:

Mumbo_sauce.jpg

Or

GUEST_c9e5ba68-15d9-4326-af1a-8546153a05

The concession stand tie-in would be awesome...

Copycat-Mumbo-Sauce-4-683x1024.jpg

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Better than Burgundians...

Not going to lie, I kind of like that.  Pretty sure they burned Joan of Arc at the stake though, so maybe some future controversy there.  And it would give new meaning to accusations of wine and cheese fanhood, but that's a reputation we could lean into and reclaim as a positive.  Being associated with the terrior of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir would be honorable.

Some potential uniform ideas:

7a401a80ba5cec0514c1ce1bf1dc9982.jpg

Note the heraldry of their arms.  Red saltire over a field divided between white and bleu celeste.  We could use that as our new look.  Perhaps style the new helmets like a sallet with visor?  Although that could make it difficult for our players to see to play defense and throw and catch the ball.  I'm kind of partial to that kettle hat the crowssbowman is wearing too.  I don't know, it's just a starting point.

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not interested in becoming the New Orleans Pelicans.  Anyone think the Lakers care theres no lakes in LA?

Well they moved their from Minneapolis, where the name made sense.  And then they proceeded to win 78 championships so they added all of the prestige needed to make a name that would otherwise be lame work.

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Pretty clear that the team hasn't made a move on a trademark for "Redwolves", so that's not in the plans. Might not be Snyder going after "Warriors" either, of course. 

I think Redwolves is better than Warriors TBH.  Warriors is the most generic mascot possible, short of "Vertebrates."

I don't see the rush to pick a name for 2020.  Just remove the name and logo for 2020 and be known as the Washington FC- Football Club for this year.  

It shouldn't be that hard to just remove the name and logo from everything.

Then you can have the proper time to come up with the new name and logo for 2021.

You can tell, he's going to botch this somehow.  Also, they guy isn't even in the country; so much is really happening?

52 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Pretty clear that the team hasn't made a move on a trademark for "Redwolves", so that's not in the plans. Might not be Snyder going after "Warriors" either, of course. 

Part of this could well be that the "brain" trust hadn't even thought of "Redwolves" until very recently. I think the surge in popularity in that name over the last week or so has taken everyone by surprise. I seriously doubt it was a name they were considering internally a few months ago, whereas "Warriors" has been on Snyder's mind for years. 

I’m not getting excited about this **** anymore. I went to bed and dreamed of a new Wolf Den stadium in DC with raucous fans doing the wolf howl every time our wolf pack D-line got a sack and woke up to the reality that Danny hasn’t even made an application for it.

You know his small little mind is made up and has been for some time. He doesn’t want any fan input. It’s Washington Warriors or bust. ☹️

This team can drain your soul...

Snyder isnt being shrewd, that's indecision.

He doesn't want to change the name and probably looking for way out to leave us as raging forest fire on the way out.

If Snyder was really concerned about what fans thought of new name, wheres the official franchise process for submitting name suggestions?

He doesn't care what we think and isn't filing for patents yet, should I be Susan Collins concerned right now?

This isn't the manhattan project, it's a football team name. A little more transparency would go a long way here.

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well they moved their from Minneapolis, where the name made sense.  And then they proceeded to win 78 championships so they added all of the prestige needed to make a name that would otherwise be lame work.

So win 78 championships and you're in? Noted : )

Omg, the longer he takes, the more names are going to get trademarked because he'll eventually have to buy someone out for something passable.  

If Snyder was running the coronavirus task force we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The whole trademark fiasco thing has me thinking the new name is gonna come completely out of nowhere

Rate we going we about to get Washington Wizarded, man...this quickly turning back into a bad news thread.

I don't think it's bad news necessarily (unless you've got all your hopes wrapped up in a name that only entered the public discourse like 3 days ago), it's just logical. If they're going to pick a name mosty in-house, or narrow it down to a couple before gauging public opinion, you're probably gonna get your trademarks and stuff in line first...not have a presser and put out a fan poll so that all the potential names mentioned are scooped up immediately, trademarks and all lol. You can't search trademarks (as far as I know) by who applied for them, you can only search specific trademarks and see if that person/entity owns it or maybe applied. 

So it's very likely that if they're anywhere in this process at all (and Rivera's comments make it seem like they are), they're getting their stuff in order behind the scenes before they announce anything to fans. And it may be a name that isn't even on our radar (that almost feels more likely given the legal implications of choosing an obvious/common name).

Snyder not making a move to trademark "Redwolves", which is kinda cool but only entered the public conversation earlier this week, doesn't mean anything unless you thought the team had actually leaked it onto social media to gauge fan reaction. 

Those Warriors applications are from a long time ago (2013-14) and except for one that might plausibly be filed by the team, are clearly unrelated companies (which may have been filed as part of speculation regarding name changes).  I wouldn't read too much into them.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Those Warriors applications are from a long time ago (2013-14) and except for one that might plausibly be filed by the team, are clearly unrelated companies (which may have been filed as part of speculation regarding name changes).  I wouldn't read too much into them.

Yeah I don't think it's Warriors either. All we can learn right now is what it isn't, basically...and you have to have a name in mind to search it and check, when the choices are endless. 

Archived