Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

57 minutes ago, redskinss said:

this may sound like sarcasm but it's not intended to be.

does anybody think the native Americans might have a problem with redwolves?

they've made it abundantly clear, name, logo and colors must go non negotiable. 

keeping the word red and tying it to an animal that is sacred to them might not be satisfactory. 

Possible, Red Wolf is a Marvel Native American Super Hero.

5 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Will Compton Redwolves tweet

That's nasty. Signt me up.

The only issue I see is that the Arkansas State college FB team is named the Red Wolves. I wonder if there would be some legal issues preventing the Skins from rebranding to that name.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

we’re garbage for sure and the field is as much of a disgrace as the rest of the franchise. 

but we have 8 other games on quality surfaces. 

and this is a long ass back and forth for a joke about how ****ty those old uniforms and colors are 

Alright, settle down, Mr. Fredrickson.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

this may sound like sarcasm but it's not intended to be.

does anybody think the native Americans might have a problem with redwolves?

keeping the word red and tying it to an animal that is sacred to them might not be satisfactory. 

**** that. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dirt gives you heart 💪

Essential component to building a winner. If I had it my way, our practice field would be a mud pit where all the coaches take turns hawking and throwing rusty nails into it.

Bet we come out 14-2

You might be onto something--we haven't won **** since the league went to this new-fangled "high-quality" field and stuff. Made everyone soft!

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

we’re garbage for sure and the field is as much of a disgrace as the rest of the franchise. 

but we have 8 other games on quality surfaces. 

and this is a long ass back and forth for a joke about how ****ty those old uniforms and colors are 

They should get in touch with Green Bay and see how they do it. Their field turf/grass hybrid always seems so plush.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

When did they say the colors had to go?  I have not heard that and Keim said he's hearing the colors are staying the same.

Native Americans have every right to be offended by the name but they have no right to dictate what colors we use.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

When did they say the colors had to go?  I have not heard that and Keim said he's hearing the colors are staying the same.

Native Americans have every right to be offended by the name but they have no right to dictate what colors we use.

it's in the letter from susan harjo to the nfl and I went to the Facebook page and asked that question and got this for a response. 

20200710_145238.jpg

Everyone here knows people will continue to wear the old gear if they want to, Dan can impose rules that don't allow anyone in the stadium (all 10 people) if they have old gear on.

I want to make these people happy but sometimes it feels like nothing will ever make them happy.  The name and logo are racist, not the colors and her reason for changing them is not good enough, IMO.  

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

it's in the letter from susan harjo to the nfl and I went to the Facebook page and asked that question and got this for a response.

My message to them: Too bad.

You can't stop indifferent fans from wearing Redskins gear, no matter what colors the new team may use. You can't regulate out personal behavior. Best you could do is not allow stadium entry to fans wearing the old Redskins gear. But that won't stop them from wearing it out in public, etc.

Stick with the B&G, or as close to it as possible. This, I demand.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Everyone here knows people will continue to wear the old gear if they want to, Dan can impose rules that don't allow anyone in the stadium (all 10 people) if they have old gear on.

I want to make these people happy but sometimes it feels like nothing will ever make them happy.  The name and logo are racist, not the colors and her reason for changing them is not good enough, IMO.  

The colors are not but if your goal is to stop with the arguably racist name and imagery than I can see why they would logically want the colors gone too. You end up with the same problem if all the old fans can wear all the old stuff. Lots of people will do it thinking nothing of it. Lots of people will do it out of spite. 

It makes sense, though I dont really like it. I like our colors too much personally to want them to change, but I dont see how it can be avoided if you want to get past this. 

I can't help it, but the acronym NARF is hilarious.  NARF NARF NARF.  Makes me think of Pinky and the Brain.

As far as their incredibly stupid take, Pinky might as well have come up with it.  Trying to police what people wear is just ridiculous.  These are the types of people that can't be reasoned with, don't deal in logic and everything they do is based on their feelings.

Anyway....JUST SAY NAAAAAAARRRRFFFFFF!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The colors are not but if your goal is to stop with the arguably racist name and imagery than I can see why they would logically want the colors gone too. You end up with the same problem if all the old fans can wear all the old stuff. Lots of people will do it thinking nothing of it. Lots of people will do it out of spite. 

It makes sense, though I dont really like it. I like our colors too much personally to want them to change, but I dont see how it can be avoided if you want to get past this. 

People didn't stop wearing bullets stuff when the wizards changed the name and colors.  It actually just made the old color scheme more appealing.

Archived