Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Maybe not this... "and when you continually make the same mistakes from a personnel standpoint"

but I'd argue with this... "And when you defend a racist nickname in ignorant and thoughtless fashion"

along with this... "and when you get caught cheating the salary cap"

It's bleacher report, it's mot even worth the effort or the read. What he meant by "hard to argue" was "the team is losing right now so I'll blindly agree with negative statements about it."

What is going to force the change? Serious question. What specifically?

Peter King and I expect a slow and painful process over the next 22-24 months.

Not sure whether it will be sponsors, media,demonstrations, or the NFL that will "force" change. Perhaps, the NFL will use a new stadium as leverage/incentive. HTT?

As stated previously, I'd gladly live with the name, Washington Nutty Buddies, in exhange for winning, pride, and respect.

And I'd go along with it, too. In exchange for winning the Powerball.

But since there is no such offer on the table, I guess I'll just stick to reality.

The reality is the Skins are laughingstocks with a controversial name.

No, they really aren't. Some fans may choose to go over the top, tantrumesque, because the team has a losing record, but in order to be a "laughing stock" you have to be like the Raiders without a win. Redskins have been competitive in every game save for 1 and that's mostly without their starting QB. Mediocre would fit the bill, but not laughing stock. 

You don't even seem to bring any quality arguments in this thread, you come off more as trolling. Doesn't seem like something one would do if they truly cared about and believed in a cause.

No, they really aren't. Some fans may choose to go over the top, tantrumesque, because the team has a losing record, but in order to be a "laughing stock" you have to be like the Raiders without a win. Redskins have been competitive in every game save for 1 and that's mostly without their starting QB. Mediocre would fit the bill, but not laughing stock.

You don't even seem to bring any quality arguments in this thread, you come off more as trolling. Doesn't seem like something one would do if they truly cared about and believed in a cause.

When discussing the Skins several National journalists use the word "laughingstock". Correct?

Yes, we have played close in several games but it's WINS that count and we can only aspire to be mediocre in that department as we are not even close to .500 .

True, if you mean by "troll" that I'm reluctant to argue with "name keepers" who are also "name callers".

Journalists are no different than fans.  The main difference is that they have a larger audience than we have on a message forum.  A large majority make their living not off first hand experience, but second and third hand word.  They then exaggerate that word to create stories.

Not saying the Skins are beyond reproach.  They continue to fail as an organization in many different areas and it sucks.  Where there is smoke there is fire, however, journalists spread exaggerated rumor and turn that fire into a storm.  It is dishonest, but that is what the public wants because they continue to click on the nonsense.

I also find it impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with someone who hangs on journalists or writers every word no matter how illogical it may seem. 

Who are these several journalists ?

I have not heard that once this season.

I uploaded one ((Bleacher Report article) within the last week.

Journalists are no different than fans. The main difference is that they have a larger audience than we have on a message forum. A large majority make their living not off first hand experience, but second and third hand word. They then exaggerate that word to create stories.

Not saying the Skins are beyond reproach. They continue to fail as an organization in many different areas and it sucks. Where there is smoke there is fire, however, journalists spread exaggerated rumor and turn that fire into a storm. It is dishonest, but that is what the public wants because they continue to click on the nonsense.

I also find it impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with someone who hangs on journalists or writers every word no matter how illogical it may seem.

You don't like journalists apparently. Are you promising not to respond to my posts in the future?

Assigning our own pre-conceived, completely made up, unsupportable connotations to the word redskin is nothing new. So insinuating that it's related to our teams performance isn't unexpected, yet ludicrous nonetheless.

Just curious if the name being controversial had anything to do with us winning three Super Bowls?  It is tied in to performance, right?  LOLOLOLOL.

I uploaded one ((Bleacher Rwpory sryicle) within the last week.

You don't like journalists apparently. Are you promising not to respond to my posts in the future?

Actually, I believe this current post is only the second time I have responded to you.  The other time was when I asked you to follow the rules and post a link.  Am I promising you that I won't respond to your posts?  No, never said that.  I very well could.  Never promise something that you can't uphold.  

I usually refrain from the stupid negative banter of the internet, but since we are on the subject of your posts, they are useless.  I have not seen you offer one thing of note in this thread.

In fact, when I have seen you post, including the Stadium, it is usually one or two sentences of nonsense.  Anyways, reply, don't reply, I really don't care. 

Laughing stock is a team like the Jags or Titans. We are a ****ty team. thats about it

Yes, there are a few teams with worse records but they don't have our high profile. Short list of mistakes includes free agent busts like Haynesworth, McNabb failure, revolving door QBs and Coaches, the bitter Shanahan firing, franchise QB with dimestore O line ('cept Trent), name controversy, even a bus crash on the way to a game. There are too many gaffes to list by any one poster.

Maybe we need to start a thread listing Skins' Most Embarassing moments?

Actually, I believe this current post is only the second time I have responded to you. The other time was when I asked you to follow the rules and post a link. Am I promising you that I won't respond to your posts? No, never said that. I very well could. Never promise something that you can't uphold.

I usually refrain from the stupid negative banter of the internet, but since we are on the subject of your posts, they are useless. I have not seen you offer one thing of note in this thread.

In fact, when I have seen you post, including the Stadium, it is usually one or two sentences of nonsense. Anyways, reply, don't reply, I really don't care.

You told me to follow the rules? Are you an authority figure? Responders (all "name keepers" like yourself) have called me a "useless" "unintelligent" (stupid) "troll". What rules?

Guessing that I've had more ES members say they "like" my posts in the last month than you received in your ES lifetime.

There are too many gaffes to list by any one poster.

Maybe we need to start a thread listing Skins' Most Embarassing moments?

Crap goes on with every team. Short answer of why we see it more is drama drives the ratings (because we are losing). If we were winning then that would drive the ratings.

Example:

Dallas loses two in a row and 20 players missing curfew is a big deal Sunday morning. They go out and win, story now is Romo played well with broken back and Dez is a man among boys.

Dallas loses and story is Jerry rushed romo back and Dez was out late, cops have been to his house 6 times in 4 years including for a child left in a car. His contact is coming up, is he worth the drama?

Crap goes on with every team. Short answer of why we see it more is drama drives the ratings (because we are losing). If we were winning then that would drive the ratings.

I agree. When you win a lot of antics and tantrums are tolerated.

However, winners are less vulnerable to accusations of bad personnel evaluation. And less likely to have QB and Coaching carousels.

Archived