Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

You told me to follow the rules? Are you an authority figure? Responders (all "name keepers" like yourself) have called me a "useless" "unintelligent" (stupid) "troll". What rules?

Guessing that I've had more ES members say they "like" my posts in the last month than you received in your ES lifetime.

Yes, I asked you to follow the rules of this site. There are rules here. I think you were banned for it. I don't remember. I am not an authority figure, but I do think it is courteous to help others find information to view for themselves so they may establish their own opinion.

If you re-read my post, I never called you useless. I refrain from personal attacks. It's not worth it, plus, and I guess I am using my 'authority figure' status here, it is against the rules.

I am very happy that you are proud of your ES Likes. It is a good feature that I enjoy. It must be an exciting time for you to have so many people like your posts. If you have had more likes than myself, let me be the first to congratulate you on beating me at Extremeskins.

If you re-read my post, I never called you useless. I refrain from personal attacks. It's not worth it, plus, and I guess I am using my 'authority figure' status here, it is against the rules.

I am very happy that you are proud of your ES Likes. It is a good feature that I enjoy. It must be an exciting time for you to have so many people like your posts. If you have had more likes than myself, let me be the first to congratulate you on beating me at Extremeskins.

Reminded me of this:

Yes, I asked you to follow the rules of this site. There are rules here. I think you were banned for it. I don't remember. I am not an authority figure, but I do think it is courteous to help others find information to view for themselves so they may establish their own opinion.

Hey, you gave me a "like". Thanks.

Can members win prizes or cash by amassing "likes"?

Sgih. Okay okay. That'll be enough of that back and forth. Though planter,be advised that ES is a community that looks after itself. We have and do encourage members to look out for the community themselves. One of the things that makes the place work. Also. When one finds oneself relying on the bleacher report for helping support an argument,that's usually not a good thing.  Nuff said. 

Sgih. Okay okay. That'll be enough of that back and forth. Though planter,be advised that ES is a community that looks after itself. We have and do encourage members to look out for the community themselves. One of the things that makes the place work. Also. When one finds oneself relying on the bleacher report for helping support an argument,that's usually not a good thing. Nuff said.

Am I allowed to respond to Kosher Ham's insult without you banning me? More accurately it is this ES forum's "name keepers" that "look after themselves". I have had absolutely no problems with posters or Mods in the Stadium forum.

Am I allowed to respond to Kosher Ham's insult without you banning me? More accurately it is this ES forum's "name keepers" that "look after themselves". I have had absolutely no problems with posters or Mods in the Stadium forum.

Yes, you are allowed to respond, but responding to an insult with another insult isn't the way to go.  I don't think Park City actually banned you.  I think he gave both of you a warning to knock it off and stick to the topic.   

I see this all of the time.  Mod gives a guy a break in a heated discussion and guy takes it the wrong way and goes off, instead of saying, "sure, no problem.  I'll tone it down."  He gave you a mulligan.  I think I'd take it.  Just some "friendly" advice. ;)

Did I say you ?

Are you sure that was in response to something you said ?

Do you do that also ?

Respond. I have thick skin...I am Native American afterall.

Make it count though.

If you took that as an insult personally, I apologize. I was simply giving an opinion about people that claim to be Redskins fans.

I do have a specific comment regarding your quote...but I will get back to that later.

Ehh...screw it. The forum has many supposed "name keepers" that have been banned or warned about rules over the years. You are indeed trying to lump people into a bubble. You don't like the name...fine. Personally, If I did not like the name/team/city/fans I wouldn't be a fan, or claim to be. I certainly would not be on their website telling people that the name sucks, change it. I would just move on and express my thoughts elsewhere.

Did I say you ?

Are you sure that was in response to something you said ?

Do you do that also ?

Respond. I have thick skin...I am Native American afterall.

Make it count though.

If you took that as an insult personally, I apologize. I was simply giving an opinion about people that claim to be Redskins fans.

I do have a specific comment regarding your quote...but I will get back to that later.

Ehh...screw it. The forum has many supposed "name keepers" that have been banned or warned about rules over the years. You are indeed trying to lump people into a bubble. You don't like the name...fine. Personally, If I did not like the name/team/city/fans I wouldn't be a fan, or claim to be. I certainly would not be on their website telling people that the name sucks, change it. I would just move on and express my thoughts elsewhere.

So you say your comment was not meant for me? If so, I apologize. Congrats on being a NA. Clearly many NAs support our current name but my position is unchanged: If significant numbers of NAs are offended, we should change it.

As I've been a fan for over 50 years my fan loyalty is NOT an issue. Did you watch Eddie LeBaron play for the Skins?

So you say your comment was not meant for me? If so, I apologize. Congrats on being a NA. Clearly many NAs support our current name but my position is unchanged: If significant numbers of NAs are offended, we should change it.

Define "significant numbers".

Are these stats from recent Washington City Paper article accurate?

"Over 300 tribes and two million Native Americans, as well as religious and human rights organizations, have called on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Daniel Snyder, the Washington football team owner, to change the name of the Washington football team because the name and mascot insult native people"

Archived