Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I’ve been watching Daybreak on Netflix with my son. It’s a comedic, zombieish show in a Madmax world, with high schoolers. It does a pretty good job with character building and is new take on a post apocalyptic world.

• Like 1

I hope they get the Witcher vibe right, and don’t try to fill it with modern political messages and happy endings. The Witcher is dark. Everyone is bad. Everywhere is bad (other than Toussaint). Its a fantasy world where power is largely defined by who is doing the abusing and who is taking the abuse.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Destino said:

I hope they get the Witcher vibe right, and don’t try to fill it with modern political messages and happy endings. The Witcher is dark. Everyone is bad. Everywhere is bad (other than Toussaint). Its a fantasy world where power is largely defined by who is doing the abusing and who is taking the abuse.  

I've been reading a bit on where they're angling to go with the show, and that seems to be it. All of the characters will be morally ambiguous, and character evolution seems to be a big talking point.

The Witcher books are great.  Written in a very off hand and irreverent style that is, at least it seemed to me, darker than the game.  Geralt doesn't give a **** about much, excepting Ciri and his lady friends, and neither do most of the rest of the characters.  I'm hoping for a kinda mix between the books and games.  The books were great but I spent way, way more time with Wild Hunt Geralt than I did book Geralt.

Edited by KAOSkins

15 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

The Witcher books are great.  Written in a very off hand and irreverent style that is, at least it seemed to me, darker than the game.  Geralt doesn't give a **** about much, excepting Ciri and his lady friends, and neither do most of the rest of the characters.  I'm hoping for a kinda mix between the books and games.  The books were great but I spent way, way more time with Wild Hunt Geralt than I did book Geralt.

I've read about as many articles on the show as there can literally be in existence. According to showrunners, their aim for now is to primarily adapt the book material,  but if the show is a hit, they may look to game material to adapt as well.

Basically, it's on the table. 

"For All Mankind" on Apple TV+ is pretty good.  If you have an I-Phone, you get a year free of Apple TV+  I think.

It's a 10 episode alternate history on the space race.  It starts off with the Russians landing on the moon first and shows how the U.S. goes from there and the space race between the U.S. and Russia.

The first 3 episodes dropped yesterday. The remaining 7 will, will drop one per week on Fridays.   It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.

Finished Jack Ryan season 2 in 2 nights.  It was just as good as the first one IMO.  It's more of the same and really fun.  There were like 2-3 really stupid things in it, but I just overlooked them and enjoyed the ride.  Sure it's farfetched as hell but it's just fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Finished Jack Ryan season 2 in 2 nights.  It was just as good as the first one IMO.  It's more of the same and really fun.  There were like 2-3 really stupid things in it, but I just overlooked them and enjoyed the ride.  Sure it's farfetched as hell but it's just fun.

Yeah I'm only two episodes in so far but really enjoying it.

With Jack Ryan, The Boys, and Good Omens, Amazon Prime video is really killing it.

Edited by Warhead36

22 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watched the first episode of The Mandalorian on Disney+ Tuesday night, I thought it was pretty good.  Had the Star Wars feel with more grit.  I'm curious to see how it develops over time.

I started it last night and I'm completely on board.  The look and feel of Star Wars without the dumb humor.  Although when they were riding the creatures, it was a bit too much CGI.

• Like 1