Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/20/2023 at 7:39 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

This is an outstanding docu-series! Are you watching the Industrial season that covers Rockefeller and Carnegie?  The History Channel also created The Men Who Built America: Frontiersmen that you might find interesting. 

We have that in our queue to watch next...I can't wait! 

• Thumb up 1

On 1/20/2023 at 7:55 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

History Channel went overboard with them ________ that built America shows. Everyone I've seen has been really good tho.

Reminds me I need to finish watching the one on Booze, Bets, and Sex. 🤣

Yeah, we were looking for others like them and saw "The Food that Built America" and I figured it would be something like:

The hot dog: imported from Germany and originally introduced on Coney Island, this snack is a summer staple at baseball games, backyard cookouts, and now even competitive eating contests. 

Give me a break!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gbear said:

What I can't wait to watch is the Three Body Problem coming on Netflix.  I loved the book series, and I can't wait to see how the people who brought us Game of Thrones do a Sci Fi epic.

I can already summarize it. Aliens are going to invade and try to take us peacefully because they want us as a slave race. Then a human is going to lead a Mad Max army from Australia to liberate mainland China. But then the leader of the army will hear bells ringing and decide to burn Beijing to the ground with its civilians with it. Then the aliens leave because "they forgot" about this entire planet.

Oh, and some kid is going to turn into an assassin, get stabbed a bunch of times, fall into raw sewage, and not even catch a case of the sniffles.

In all seriousness, they stayed within the lines doing game of thrones with the possible exception of the last season for which there was no book material.  If they stay true to the books, the drama is very different from game of thrones.  It is less about frequent betrayals and more about what people did not see coming.

In any event, I think it will make a great series if they stay with the books' plot structure.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, we were looking for others like them and saw "The Food that Built America" and I figured it would be something like:

The hot dog: imported from Germany and originally introduced on Coney Island, this snack is a summer staple at baseball games, backyard cookouts, and now even competitive eating contests. 

Give me a break!

I saw the episode on the founding of Burger King and Subway. Can't say I needed to see anymore. 🤭

The cars that built America was pretty good from the couple episodes I watched. The one on vices n whatnot was kinda interesting as well. Tho I've only watched the first episode. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm guessing this series has already been discussed in here, but I just finished watching the first season of Arcane. Good god almighty, that show is amazing. I'm not a gamer or a huge animation person, so even though I had heard good things, I didn't really think it would be my cup of tea so didn't check it out. Finally relented and I'm so glad I did. It's a masterpiece. The way they portray trauma is brutal but amazingly done.

Poor Powder.  😢

"Inside Man" on Netflix. It's corny.. the murderer and his psycho pal solving mysteries from death row...and at the same time the other intermingled story builds and builds and where it goes is just a friggin' TRIP.

Stanley Tucci is the death row sleuth, David Tenant is a vicar caught in an unfortunate chain of events.

As it went on, I liked it more and more. It's only 4 episodes.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

On 1/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

A buddy of mine has been hyping Mayor of Kingstown and yesterday I watched the first two episodes and couldn't tell you what went on except some people got killed.  Just kind of zoned out, didn't really keep my attention too much.

Should I give it some more effort or nah?

Yes, I say stick with it.  Basically, Mike is the middle-man between the prisons/criminals and the police, dubbed "Mayor of Kingstown".  Basically, he works with all parties involved (prison guards, cops, criminals on the outside, etc.) to keep the peace so to speak.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Blacklist is finally ending after the upcoming Season 10 airs.

Blacklist ended when Elizabeth left the show.

17 minutes ago, China said:

How many people will drop Netflix because of their new policy?

Not me, why would I?  How about people actually pay for a service instead of trying to rip it off all the time.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Blacklist ended when Elizabeth left the show.

Not me, why would I?  How about people actually pay for a service instead of trying to rip it off all the time.  

Don't try to use Netflix on vacation if your vacation is more than 7 days, and make sure to use Netflix on all your different devices once a month or you'll get locked out.  And be prepared to pay more to the same subscription on multiple devices.

3 minutes ago, China said:

Don't try to use Netflix on vacation if your vacation is more than 7 days, and make sure to use Netflix on all your different devices once a month or you'll get locked out.  And be prepared to pay more to the same subscription on multiple devices.

If you have it on your phone and you screencast it while out of town, does it use the same IP address if you are on the network?

I would love to be on vacation for more than 7 days.