Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

For those of you not watching Euphoria (HBO) because it's a "teen drama": You're missing out on an incredible show. It is technically a teen drama but it's HBO and it's must-see tv.

For those of you who do watch Euphoria and saw last night's episode...

RUE.jpeg.fcd79d0f497be136a550d19945b71bdc.jpeg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

For those of you not watching Euphoria (HBO) because it's a "teen drama": You're missing out on an incredible show. It is technically a teen drama but it's HBO and it's must-see tv.

For those of you who do watch Euphoria and saw last night's episode...

The opening segment at home when Z and her mom & sister we're going at it was gut-wrenching.  I've never seen a more accurate depiction of an addict hitting rock bottom. 

Zendaya already won an Emmy last year for her performance in Season 1 (best lead actress in a series), so I doubt they'd give it to her again for S2.  But what she did on screen last night was nothing short of magical. 

Last night's episode did Game of Thrones numbers.  "Euphoria" was the #1 trending topic on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok last night.  HBO has created another juggernaut.  

• Like 1

"Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu,
Comedy mystery series with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

Episodes are short, only 30 minutes, but it's not a sitcom.

Good stuff, as you'd expect with Martin and Martin.

~Bang

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 6:18 AM, Destino said:

I’m convinced that if a young Arnold Schwarzenegger played Reacher, and delivered the exact same lines, the show would be an instant classic.  When you hear a line that’s just a little weird, imagine what I’m saying here.  You’ll see it.  

This isn’t a criticism of Alan Ritchson who I think is under rated.  It’s just that no one turned cheesy action lines into magic, like Arnold.  

6 hours ago, Bang said:

"Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu,
Comedy mystery series with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

Episodes are short, only 30 minutes, but it's not a sitcom.

Good stuff, as you'd expect with Martin and Martin.

~Bang

Yeah I was raving about that when it came out. Those two are a national treasure & yes I know Short is Canadian. Their 2 man stand up show may still be on Netflix as well. 

• Like 1

My brother mentioned Euphoria to me a couple weeks ago.  He said I may not like it because it's all artsy fartsy in the way it's filmed.  I was going to give it a try last night until I saw it's on season 3.  Based on how he talked about it I thought it started this year and was on season 1.  I just couldn't get myself to start it since I don't feel like investing that much time to it right now lol.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, purbeast said:

My brother mentioned Euphoria to me a couple weeks ago.  He said I may not like it because it's all artsy fartsy in the way it's filmed.  

I think it's filmed beautifully.  It's the whole "I'm a high schooler going on 25 and my life is sooooooo hard and ****ed up" thing that I'm struggling with.  Like I said, I'm in a cynical mood but I can see why people are into this show.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think it's filmed beautifully.  It's the whole "I'm a high schooler going on 25 and my life is sooooooo hard and ****ed up" thing that I'm struggling with.  Like I said, I'm in a cynical mood but I can see why people are into this show.

Yeah the trailer didn't do much for me so I dunno.  My brother and I usually have very similar tastes but the fact he said that makes me think he knows something about it that I don't, since he has seen it and I haven't lol.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Yeah the trailer didn't do much for me so I dunno.  My brother and I usually have very similar tastes but the fact he said that makes me think he knows something about it that I don't, since he has seen it and I haven't lol.

I guess it depends on the definition of artsy fartsy filming.  It's very grim usually very dark.  Some interesting camera angles, etc.  I thought it was well done.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, Chew said:

The opening segment at home when Z and her mom & sister we're going at it was gut-wrenching.  I've never seen a more accurate depiction of an addict hitting rock bottom. 

Zendaya already won an Emmy last year for her performance in Season 1 (best lead actress in a series), so I doubt they'd give it to her again for S2.  But what she did on screen last night was nothing short of magical. 

Last night's episode did Game of Thrones numbers.  "Euphoria" was the #1 trending topic on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok last night.  HBO has created another juggernaut.  

I'm obsessed. The show airs at 9pm on sunday nights. I start getting giddy at about 8:45. 😆

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I started Euphoria.  10 mins in and I can't stand it, but maybe I should try to watch this when I'm in a less cynical mood.  

That said, Zendaya is a fantastic actress.  She's a great talent.

Spiff- Give it a few episodes. By the end of ep 3 I was hooked. It gets more and more intense every episode. Season two is pure insanity. I'm a 55 year old man who hates "teen dramas" but that show is the best! 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

About halfway through Inventing Anna.  Wife put it on and I assumed it was gonna be some chick show but it is actually really good.  

It is good.  Three episodes in.  Why did you think it was going to be a chick show?

I’ve been watching a lot of con artist stuff recently.  This show. Puppet Master (doc). Tinder Swindler (doc) and Imposters (fiction).

I look forward to when they make something about the crypto couple in NY that just got arrested.