Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Check out Inspector Morse if you like Foyle's.  I liked both very much.  It's kind of dated but they're good mysteries.  To use your parlance, it's the highly intelligent, cranky but loveable get off my grass man solving crimes set at Oxford in the 80's.  It leads to a few good spin offs too.

I will try it!  i just started kicking into Poirot on Netflix... same idea (and revealing the fact that i am in the process of geezering into my dad :)

the other British series that i am about to finish is the Inbetweeners --- completely different!   can anyone suggest a good follow on to that one?? (it is a comedy about several disgusting and pathetic but funny English high school kids) 

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1

I will try it!  i just started kicking into Poirot on Netflix... same idea (and revealing the fact that i am in the process of geezering into my dad :)

the British series that i am about to finish is the Inbetweeners --- completely different!   can anyone suggest a good follow on to that one (it is a comedy about several disgusting and pathetic but funny English high school kids) 

Thing about those BBC series is I have to use subtitles, or turn it up so much that it rocks the block, in order to understand what the hell theyre saying.  The geezer is strong in me too.  :lol:

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1

i've been watching Foyle's War lately, and am almost done with it, and will be looking for its replacement.   

Its basically "Diagnose murder matlock she wrote rockfish files"... set in WWII england.    

I think somebody should set up a series where Steven King roams around maine solving supernatural scooby doo like mysteries with a few of his wacky friends  ---  I would suggest Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury and James Gardner--- but some of them are getting long of tooth, or pushing daisies... 

My parents love the Murdock Mysteries and Death In Paradise shows on Netflix (also on Amazon I think).  They're pretty good.  Ripper Street is great as well, though a lot darker.

• Like 1

Just finished 4400. I thought it was really good. The chick that played Isabelle was ridiculously hot. Of course they rushed the last season, but all in all, we liked it.

Getting ready to to fire up S3 of Orange is the New Black now.

Cool, was wondering if you liked 4400 or not.  Some on here said it wasn't that good, I think I might have been one of the only positive endorsements.  It was real good, last season was a major rush job, which is a shame.  At least there were four seasons though before it got the axe.

Have fun with OITNB, started out real slow imo, but I felt got stronger towards the middle/end and set-up for what should be a really good season 4.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Power started back up on Starz.  I like the show, others might have negative reviews, which is understandable.  But I like it.  

we like it too.  Tommy is my dude, but that crazy girlfriend of his has to go.  lol

Happyish on Showtime is so gosh damn funny.  I love Steve Coogan.  In the first episode, Coogan has sex with the Keebler elves' mom.  Pure comedy. 

we like it too.  Tommy is my dude, but that crazy girlfriend of his has to go.  lol

Happyish on Showtime is so gosh damn funny.  I love Steve Coogan.  In the first episode, Coogan has sex with the Keebler elves' mom.  Pure comedy. 

I'll have to check out Happyish.  Yeah, Tommy is hardcore man, the muscle.  After last episode, I'm actually eager to see what happens next.

Just finished 4400. I thought it was really good. The chick that played Isabelle was ridiculously hot. Of course they rushed the last season, but all in all, we liked it.

Getting ready to to fire up S3 of Orange is the New Black now.

The writer's strike killed 4400, that was a good show.

Hearing really good things about Mr. Robot, I'll have to check out the pilot when they re-air or catch it on-demand.

I started Supernatural on Netflix. Half way through season one and I am enjoying it so far. There are a ton of shows, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

One of my favorite shows.  It's still pretty good (currently), though I'd like for them to change up the story again.  But I won't post what I'd like to see cause it would ruin for ya.  

Enjoy the ride FSAF, carry on my wayward son.........

Nurse Jackie. Edie Falco's show ended it's 7 season run on Showtime last night. Great series, good to see Mrs. Soprano get her own show. She was a pill-popping, cocaine snorting nurse who struggled to manage her failing marriage, ungrateful kids, rocky friendships, and many extramarital affairs LOL.

The Showtime drama-with-comedic-elements has been among the finest, most original, and most uncompromising series on TV since 2009. - Matthew Gilbert, Boston Globe

The final season of Nurse Jackie has only been reviewed by 6 critics, but it is currently getting 100% approval rating on rottentomatoes. Great show!

nurse_jackie_poster1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Fargo Season 2 trailer  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4&feature=youtu.be  

I had mixed feelings about the first season.  I thought it went back and forth from slightly boring but well written to exciting but unbelievable.  

I thought the acting was great on the most part however and it was pretty popular and somewhat acclaimed.  

And this season looks intriguing, although listening to the trailer I had forgotten how much the accents annoy me.   :lol: