Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

• 1 month later...

New Netflix series out called "Between".  They decided to follow the regular network format and release new episodes once a week, every Thursday.  Episode 1 is the only one out now.  It's about a town where a mysterious virus starts killing adults.  

A easy rip-off of Jeremiah that was on Showtime years ago.  However, it doesn't take place after the adults are already dead.  I loved Jeremiah, and hated it ended only after 2 seasons, so I'm hoping this will take it's place and be successful.  So far, I have enjoyed the first episode.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been watching the original 5-0 on Netflix... its bad ass :)

I was always amused that in the credits "...and Zulu as Kono."  Really?  Why'd they even bother to change the name.

We'd also play a drinking game to the show during college.  You had to drink if the tires squealed on gravel, or if McGarrett's hair stood rock firm in a strong wind, or of course with "Book 'im Danno."

Edited by China

I was always amused that in the credits "...and Zulu as Kono."  Really?  Why'd they even bother to change the name.

We'd also play a drinking game to the show during college.  You had to drink if the tires squealed on gravel, or if McGarrett's hair stood rock firm in a strong wind, or of course with "Book 'im Danno."

ha!   my wife and i actively joke and laugh out loud EVERY time about the zulu/kono thing :)  its a running family joke.

also, all of my kids and my wife have two syllable names... Recently every time i blurt out the wrong name to one of them (which happens all the damned time, because i am a knucklehead), i say:     "Robin.. i mean Zulu... i mean Kono ..... "   before i get to the right name :)

• 2 weeks later...

The show doesn't start until the 2016, I think as as Midseason replacement.

https://youtu.be/X4bF_quwNtw 

Already have groups protesting this show and asking it be removed:

http://m.snopes.com/2015/05/29/lucifer-tv-series/ 

I say, bring it on.  If it's good, then it will have a long run. It it sucks; then it will dissappear quickly.  Let the people decide.

I'm probably the only one that's liking Halt and Catch Fire on AMC.  Takes place in the early 1980's, Silicon Prairie....Texas technology hub.  First season was solid, not spectacular and the first three episodes of season two are much better.  It's not filling the void of Breaking Bad or Mad Men but not much could.  

• Like 1

i've been watching Foyle's War lately, and am almost done with it, and will be looking for its replacement.   

Its basically "Diagnose murder matlock she wrote rockfish files"... set in WWII england.    

I think somebody should set up a series where Steven King roams around maine solving supernatural scooby doo like mysteries with a few of his wacky friends  ---  I would suggest Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury and James Gardner--- but some of them are getting long of tooth, or pushing daisies... 

Edited by mcsluggo

i've been watching Foyle's War lately, and am almost done with it, and will be looking for its replacement.   

Its basically "Diagnose murder matlock she wrote rockfish files"... set in WWII england.    

I think somebody should set up a series where Steven King roams around maine solving supernatural scooby doo like mysteries with a few of his wacky friends  ---  I would suggest Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury and James Gardner--- but some of them are getting long of tooth, or pushing daisies... 

Check out Inspector Morse if you like Foyle's.  I liked both very much.  It's kind of dated but they're good mysteries.  To use your parlance, it's the highly intelligent, cranky but loveable get off my grass man solving crimes set at Oxford in the 80's.  It leads to a few good spin offs too.