Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RANTSPORTS.COM: RG3 Should Sit Out Entire 2013 Season (POLL)

Uno Mas

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

when people post time lengths, from the web, for how long he is going to be out that info is incorrect. The key words are Stem Cells, this is not a standard acl repair you have to judge this case by those that have had it done, so if Andrews says 6 mos. then 6 mos it is!

18 now

21 6.84%, more telling is the percentage of the votes. I refused to vote because the limited answers and they way they are asked. I also wonder if visitors can vote and also if this percentage ironically matches the number of NFCE fans on this board.

---------- Post added March-6th-2013 at 07:47 AM ----------

Let's just never play him again. That will keep him healthy.

Where's those Guinness guys when you need them,,,,,,, brilliant.gif

As Kevin Sheehan constantly preaches, Robert wasn't hurt on the pistol read option stuff/designed keepers and runs. It was on improvisation, protection breaking down plays. he did get whacked in Tripple option plays though so I'd scratch that. He was protected and hit less in the pistol/zone option read. Luck actually got hit more Irsay!. I say he plays once he's medially cleared and feels good. He has to play smarter, get some positive yards get out of bounds, and slide sooner/better. Head towards the sideline young man...don't try to make 7 guys miss. While Robert may be tough mentally I don't think his track runner body can take NFL punishment like Luck or a Cam Newton's can. Just play smarter, the guy is super smart and accurate...throw away slightly more, and as stated, get a few and get out of bounds/down unless it's wide open.

He's already torn that knee twice now. It wouldn't matter if we rested him three years, if he tears it again, he won't be the same player no matter what we do. We're in a damned if we do, damned if we don't type of situation. So if he's medically cleared to play, let him play. We're tethering on the brink of destruction every snap he takes anyway from here on out. It's easier to just not think about it and hope for the best...

He's already torn that knee twice now. It wouldn't matter if we rested him three years, if he tears it again, he won't be the same player no matter what we do. We're in a damned if we do, damned if we don't type of situation. So if he's medically cleared to play, let him play. We're tethering on the brink of destruction every snap he takes anyway from here on out. It's easier to just not think about it and hope for the best...

As long as that tether doesn't snap though, we'll be good right?

Skins have to play the best player available when the season begins, This scenario may play in th the Skins favor. The Skins will obviosly cultivate or groom Cousins as the starter for the season. You have to think of the future, I hope to God, RG 3 will be in football shape.

But you never know of the healing process of ones body. If RG 3 is not ready , Cousins has demonstrated he can lead this team and win. Skins could hold RG 3 a few games, say 2 or 3 and see how the situation and the leg responds. Cousins could turn a few heads if he demonstrates pension to lead the team and win. Yes , I understand I am speaking of hiersey , but there is a reason the Skins drafted Cousins in the first place. I think the Skins were mindfull of a potential situation we are in now with RG 3 injury . Plus , if we are able to utilize Cousins and get a some wins you have value in a proven player , ala trade Cousins for some draft picks or one hell of a back up. Hail

Well lets put it this way. Its one thing for RGIII to be healthy and its another to be healthy and ready to play by the start of the season. Remember he will not have had any OTAs, mini camps, training camp most likely. I know a lot of people are pointing at AP but dare I say its a different position to where you don't need as much practice in timing with other players to perform. Bottom line I have little doubt RGIII will be healthy to play but will he be as effective as Cousins in the beginning of the season? Cousins would have had all the reps as a starter would in the off-season. I think the best we can hope for is for Cousins to play well and start until say the bye and then RGIII should be healthy and football ready to play.

He's already torn that knee twice now. It wouldn't matter if we rested him three years, if he tears it again, he won't be the same player no matter what we do.

That conclusion might be a bit extreme. Certainly it wouldn't be optimal for him to suffer another knee injury (to the same knee)......but I don't think we should conclude that he is finished if it were to happen.

This is me emptying the “hate mail” folder in my email inbox.

Yes, you read that sentence at the top of the page correctly. Robert Griffin III should just sit out the 2013 season. Not because I don’t want the Washington Redskins to succeed, but more because I do want to see a quality player (and person) like RG3 have a long and illustrious career in the NFL.

I’m fully aware of all the internet scuttlebutt about Griffin being ready for opening week–or then again, not, depending on who you talk to. It’s entirely possible that with some continued intense rehab that RG3′s surgically repaired knee will be ready to withstand the punishment of another NFL season.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/02/robert-griffin-iii-should-sit-out-entire-2013-season/?qb4TAPXiqOxkHHHO.99

Stumbled across this in my desperate search for Redskins news not related to free agency or the draft.

It's definitely a thought provoking piece.

On one hand if Robert is medically cleared and feels great and chomping at the bit to get on the field, it would be hard to hold him back, especially if Cousins struggled.

On the other hand if Robert rehabs the knee for a solid 18 months and Cousins has a solid season, I would feel much better about Roberts future AND we'd surely get compensated handsomely for Cousins when it came time to deal him.

The more I think about it, I'd be inclined to sit him for the season so we were damn certain that his $100,000,000 knee is 100% the next time he breaks a huddle.

I know that's probably not the popular choice but if Im Shanahan, I feel obligated to not only protect Robert, but also protect the franchise.

If his knee is 100% in 6 months, waiting a needless 4 months after won't change anything. What the doctors say is what shall be done,

The one comfort I have is that I think he's fully capable of being a pocket passer if he must, and you can do that on unstable knees (Heck, rivers played a game with a completely torn ACL).

I don't think we should play RG3 until 2019...his knee will be 1 million, trillion, gazillion percent healthy then :yes:...Heck, I don't think we should even let him leave the house until April 2015.

Cali, I agree. I think a ton of people would disagree but when you give up 2 1st and a 2nd picks for him and letting him sit out like he did for a season with Baylor would be the wise thing to do to ensure he's 100% whether he's ahead fo schedule or not.

Archived