Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ.COM Country Singer Mindy McCready Dead At 37 From Suicide

Gracelander

TMZ.COM

Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead today of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

We're told McCready had been a mess since the father of her youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/17/mindy-mccready-dead-dies-suicide/#ixzz2LDbfroyQ

Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

And it fits right in with the lyrics of classic country music, that the dog was part of the tragedy.....considering so much of country music is about losing things....like your job, your girl, your dog...

But seriously, she may have seen it as an act of mercy.......the dog may have otherwise died of a broken heart anyway....because we've all seen examples of how dogs act towards their owners' grave after they die.

Yeah, first thing I thought was "Why the hell did she kill the dog?" but she was obviously troubled.

The reality is that she had kids and they'll now grow up without their mom. I realize she wasn't fit to be around them (she had already kidnapped one of them before) but they're young and you always hope someone like that can turn things around and be the type of mother their kids need, but she took that possibility away from her children. I have sympathy for her family (specifically the kids) but I have a hard time feeling sympathetic for her personally.

Yeah, first thing I thought was "Why the hell did she kill the dog?" but she was obviously troubled.

The reality is that she had kids and they'll now grow up without their mom. I realize she wasn't fit to be around them (she had already kidnapped one of them before) but they're young and you always hope someone like that can turn things around and be the type of mother their kids need, but she took that possibility away from her children. I have sympathy for her family (specifically the kids) but I have a hard time feeling sympathetic for her personally.

No mother OR FATHER (for the youngest anyway). Sad.

But seriously, she may have seen it as an act of mercy.......the dog may have otherwise died of a broken heart anyway....because we've all seen examples of how dogs act towards their owners' grave after they die.

YEah that is really dangerous territory to tread upon, though. I've heard of similar "reasoning" behind killing one's own children. "oh, they'll be orphans!" Killing the dog, even if she thought the dog would be with her in the afterlife, is terribly selfish and I'd argue malicious.

I'm thinking that she may have killed her boyfriend and that one wasn't suicide. It was her spokesperson who stated that one happened to be self-inflicted and something no one within the investigation had determined.

Really strange that she shot herself on the same porch that he allegedly committed suicide.

I can only hope her children grow up as normally as possible and surrounded by love in spite of this tragedy. They are the true victims of this entire situation :(

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I suspect people slamming McCready for committing suicide as an act of selfishness likely have no clue about people who are seriously mentally ill and/or suicidal. I haven't directly dealt with suicidal people, but I know enough to realize they probably aren't in the same emtional state of mind you and I are, and are so depressed or in anguish they see no other option to make it stop than to end their lives. IMO, people like that should be pitied, not mocked.

Forget the dog, there's two children that are now parentless. Someone taking their own life is bad, but when they have young kids, that's just being flat out selfish.
One of the kids was from a different father. And I think he's gonna try to gain custody of both boys. Which I hope happens. I think keeping the two together would be beneficial.

Just wanted to add, I suspect people slamming McCready for committing suicide as an act of selfishness likely have no clue about people who are seriously mentally ill and/or suicidal.

You are right, they don't have any idea. It takes over your mind and there is not much you can do about it. It is not as easy or selfish as everyone thinks. I have tons more to say on the subject, but that will be it.

I can only hope her children grow up as normally as possible and surrounded by love in spite of this tragedy. They are the true victims of this entire situation :(

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I suspect people slamming McCready for committing suicide as an act of selfishness likely have no clue about people who are seriously mentally ill and/or suicidal. I haven't directly dealt with suicidal people, but I know enough to realize they probably aren't in the same emtional state of mind you and I are, and are so depressed or in anguish they see no other option to make it stop than to end their lives. IMO, people like that should be pitied, not mocked.

As usual, a voice of sanity among the ridiculous posts.

I just read on cnn.com that she is now the 5th former "cast-member" of "Celebrity Rehab" to die.

IMO, people like that should be pitied, not mocked.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to pity the people who do this to themselves. Especially the famous ones who are living their (and millions of others') dreams. Alcohol and Drug addiction typically are what ruin these peoples lives and if they can let those 2 things bring down there life and not care for their children and their lives then I have absolutely 0% sympathy or pity.

Call me selfish for thinking that way but I'm the one that doesn't live my dream, doesn't have all the money in the world to give to my family and I work hard to pay the bills and provide what I can. I'm not handed millions for having a voice so that I can not take care of my kids with that money and abuse alcohol and drugs instead.

Archived