Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ.COM Country Singer Mindy McCready Dead At 37 From Suicide

Gracelander

Forget the dog, there's two children that are now parentless. Someone taking their own life is bad, but when they have young kids, that's just being flat out selfish.

I agree with this. The first posts were about the damn dog, then even mentioning the children, her parents, her family or anyone else affected by this. I'm not sure why people today put animals above humans. Sure it sucks that she shot the dog and it sounds crazy for her to do that, but that shouldn't have been the first thought. Not saying people shouldn't have sympathy for the animal, but it shouldn't be the first thing to come to mind when talking about a tragedy like this.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to pity the people who do this to themselves. Especially the famous ones who are living their (and millions of others') dreams. Alcohol and Drug addiction typically are what ruin these peoples lives and if they can let those 2 things bring down there life and not care for their children and their lives then I have absolutely 0% sympathy or pity.

I am not going to say your selfish, but you clearly do not understand what happens to these people. Money is not everything. A lot of people that commit suicide do not have alcohol or drug problems. Most people's comments in this area are very naive and self centric.

I agree with this. The first posts were about the damn dog, then even mentioning the children, her parents, her family or anyone else affected by this. I'm not sure why people today put animals above humans. Sure it sucks that she shot the dog and it sounds crazy for her to do that, but that shouldn't have been the first thought. Not saying people shouldn't have sympathy for the animal, but it shouldn't be the first thing to come to mind when talking about a tragedy like this.

As one of the bigger animal lovers on here, my line of thinking first off, is every part of this is sad and tragic. Some people, myself included, don't place humans much further ahead than animals and consider all life equal. The family will rebound from this tragic event. The dog will not. I don't think caring about an animal dismisses anything about the children.

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 10:54 AM ----------

I'm sorry but I'm not going to pity the people who do this to themselves.

It's hardly a case of doing to ones self. Drug abuse can also be a symptom of a person with a mental sickness, like depression.

Compassion can do more than blame.

I am not going to say your selfish, but you clearly do not understand what happens to these people. Money is not everything. A lot of people that commit suicide do not have alcohol or drug problems. Most people's comments in this area are very naive and self centric.

I understand what you are saying but what I am getting at is that this women was abusing alcohol and drugs and her children were suffering from it (from her own father). She wasn't taking care of them and neglecting them.

This is just like any story you see talking about addicted parents who neglect their children but nobody has sympathy for them because they aren't famous and "look" the life of abuse when, in fact, they are the same as McCready except they are typically not wealthy and not famous. What would have happened to the children if she didn't take her own life? There have been too many times where she failed at both parenting and suicide attempt and who knows what would have happened.

I just think people who are famous get too much attention and sympathy is all. Look at Whitney Houston vs. the American Sniper guy. One fought for our country and was a hero while the other died because of live she lived with drugs - yet we celebrate and honor her life by putting the flag at half mast but do nothing for the one who risked his life daily and fought for our freedom?

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 10:50 AM ----------

It's hardly a case of doing to ones self. Drug abuse can also be a symptom of a person with a mental sickness, like depression.

Compassion can do more than blame.

Oh I know, I understand that

I just think people who are famous get too much attention and sympathy is all. Look at Whitney Houston vs. the American Sniper guy. One fought for our country and was a hero while the other died because of live she lived with drugs - yet we celebrate and honor her life by putting the flag at half mast but do nothing for the one who risked his life daily and fought for our freedom?

t

I don't disagree with this. We ignore our troop counts, which btw, most kill themselves more than die in combat.

Archived