Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: NFC/AFC Conference Championship Games

HogNose

I've noted in a number of posts over the years, that with full awareness of all the typical "all things NE" dialogue here, I remain a real "ES minority"---someone who likes and enjoys the Pats, and especially Brady, and even admire and have no issues with ******* Bill.

+1

Go PATS!

If they do lose, I would pull for the Ravens... nobody wants the 49ers to pick up their 6th SB Ring

I've noted in a number of posts over the years, that with full awareness of all the typical "all things NE" dialogue here, I remain a real "ES minority"---someone who likes and enjoys the Pats, and especially Brady, and even admire and have no issues with ******* Bill.

I agree with you. I've always like watching Brady play. His style of play is very entertaining to me.

Also, I do not want to see Ngata smiling at the end of this game. The Raven's season must come to an end tonight!

I have no real disdain for New England. I guess I'm just tired of seeing them every year. I certainly don't want Baltimore getting anywhere near the SB, so I suppose I will pull for the Patriots.

Well, another of the pages from my enormous personal file of "Pettiness 101" :pfft:, is the one covering how I like it when any other of the multiple-Lombardi franchises (other then the giants) gets another SB trophy and waters down the cowpie fans' claims of "uber-elite-ness", even if it's permanently mired in the past. :evilg:

He wasnt held and the refs gifted them a catch that should have been over turned. Falcons are a regular season team that shouldn't have escaped last week.

Exactly. The Falcons didn't perform well (in the end) so close to the endzone when they had every chance to. Don't want any part of that in the SB. But nice try anyways Atlanta.

Did anyone notice it sounded like a lot of 49er fans there?

I don't like any team winning too much so they were on the hate list for a while. They've lost the big game twice now however so they are no longer on the list. Wish gronk was healthy he's always fun to watch.

We have our share of divergent views, and yet so many things in common, too---like our ability to enjoy transient and shallow hatred. :pfft:

Yeah, wish gronk was playing. He's a throwback. I really wanted Tony G. to get a shot at a ring in his likely final season.

This would be us if our Quarterback didn't break.

I definitely don't buy into the notion that we would be in the SB if we got past Seattle.... San Fran looks pretty damn good at this point. I don't see us beating them at home in an NFC Championship game (at least not this year; next year, definitely!) even if we had a healthy RG3 ...

you like having the steelers the only team with 6?

And I guess I'm a little biased because I spent my college years in the Boston area and have a soft spot for that area's sports team...

And lastly... no way will I ever ever root for Carlos Rogers to get a ring... I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd win one than C. Rogers lol!

Well, another of the pages from my enormous personal file of "Pettiness 101" :pfft:, is the one covering how I like it when any other of the multiple-Lombardi franchises (other then the giants) gets another SB trophy and waters down the cowpie fans' claims of "uber-elite-ness", even if it's permanently mired in the past. :evilg:

Good point. Anyway to somehow stick to the Cowboys in the end always works for me.:ols:

The 49ers had the same OL last year. They're going to the Super Bowl this year because their QB play improved big time.

Yeah, Alex Smith was not the answer. The 49ers offense became more explosive once Kaepernick took over. I look for Alex to end up in Cleveland to compete with Weeden.

Belilchick is just that much smarter than so many of his peers.

I gained a new found respect for Belichick after I saw the "A Football Life: Cleveland '95". The man's work ethic is insane and he demands it from the rest of his coaches as well.

---------- Post added January-20th-2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

That was a bad call... Hernandez protecting himself caused the helmet to helmet contact. As a defender, what do you do when the offensive guy lowers his head?

Archived