Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: NFC/AFC Conference Championship Games

HogNose

The thing is that I think he would be the one QB in the league that would do something like that. He may not have the reputation that Suh does, but he clearly does show ferociousness on the field. Benard Pollard had a right to be ticked off at him.
Pollard is the same guy that put Welker out for the season. Brady. Ridley. And I think one other Patriot. Brady probably didn't want the guy falling on him after he had already committed to sliding. Pollard is a dirty player. That's why I find it amusing that he, of all people, would be upset with what Brady did.

I think both of your points aren't accurate.

1. Belichick will go into the HOF because he coached the Patriots to 3 Super Bowl titles.

2. Brady hasn't been terrible in the playoffs for almost a decade. And he was clutch enough to help them win 3 rings. And he has gaudy numbers, that will only get better if he plays a few more years.

I say it all the time: I don't get the hate towards Brady. He's always handled himself with class. And he is pretty much the definition of a leader. I love how he strives for perfection and expects a lot out of his teammates.

Now Belichick. I get the dislike there. But you still have to respect what the guy has accomplished. Some of you act like he's John Fox or something. And the spygate thing is seriously overblown. If Moss and Welker don't drop passes late in their last two Super Bowls, they could easily have 5 rings.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2013 at 01:44 AM ----------

That hurt them a LOT. He had been playing great since they acquired him. And he was locking down Boldin pretty well before he was hurt on Sunday. And don't forget the injury to Gronk, both this year, and last. Also didn't help that Ridley went down. That fumble was a game-changer.

Agreed. In a tight game like that, where the teams match up well and know each other well, you need your starters. I don't think NE did anything particularly atrocious they just weren't executing. In the 1Q, Brady was firing lasers and they were moving the ball. Then they started to have drops and such. Credit to the defense though.

Pollard is the same guy that put Welker out for the season. Brady. Ridley. And I think one other Patriot. Brady probably didn't want the guy falling on him after he had already committed to sliding. Pollard is a dirty player. That's why I find it amusing that he, of all people, would be upset with what Brady did.

Did you see the Ridley play on Sunday? Pollard wasn't aiming for his head, but Ridley ducked like alot of running backs do. Welker was untouched when he tore his Acl. Pollard was the guy that Welker tried to avoid, but you can hardly call not laying a finger on a guy "dirty." Gronk sprained his ankle after a routine tackle that I have never before heard anyone suggest was dirty and everyone knows that it was legal to take a quarterback down by his legs (Pollard was in fact lying on the ground when he made that tackle).

bradykicksreed-e1358770381610.jpg?w=212

It's kind of hard to see why a guy wouldn't have a problem with this happening to his teammate.

If Brady didn't want to be fallen upon, he could could just waited and Ed Reed would have jumped over him to avoid it. And if he had been hit after he was down his team would have gotten more yards.

That was unsportsmanlike and should have been flagged, but as they saying goes, to each their own...

Rooting for the Niners. NFC and the fact that I don't like the Ravens. Glad they knocked out the Patriots, but I wish it would have been Denver instead.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2013 at 09:09 AM ----------

This years SB is a win-win for me. I hate the Ravens more than the 49ers (hate from the '80's), but if the Ravens win, it'll at least give SF their first loss. Every team that has had at least 2 SB appearances, and have won at least 1 of them, have also lost at least 1 of them... except the 49ers. I wouldn't mind their streak being broken, but a Ravens win would be more :( to me.

:pfft: Wikipedia already has the 49ers winning the SB

edit: n/m... someone changed it. Looks like Baltimore is the home team.

The NFC is the home team this year. Odd (SB 47) is the NFC and even is the AFC.

Rooting for the Niners. NFC and the fact that I don't like the Ravens.

Do you usually root for the NFC in the Super Bowl? A lot of older (meaning over 40) Skins fans are used to the 80's when the AFC was the junior varsity portion of the NFL. I know some people who still won't watch an AFC matchup on Sunday.

Do you usually root for the NFC in the Super Bowl? A lot of older (meaning over 40) Skins fans are used to the 80's when the AFC was the junior varsity portion of the NFL. I know some people who still won't watch an AFC matchup on Sunday.

Depends on who it is. I never root for Dallass, NYG or Philly. I wouldn't have rooted for Seattle this year, but the rest of the NFC is OK with me. Living in Charlotte, I could only root for the Panthers if they were playing NE again. I guess it just depends on who is representing the NFC and who the matchup is in the AFC. If Denver had have beating Baltimore and NE and was playing SF, I might root for Peyton and the Broncos. But since it's the Ratbirds, I'll go with the Niners. Appreciate that Baltimore knocked out the Pats, but I wanted a Denver/SF or Denver/Atlanta final since after the wild card round.

Did you see the Ridley play on Sunday? Pollard wasn't aiming for his head, but Ridley ducked like alot of running backs do. Welker was untouched when he tore his Acl. Pollard was the guy that Welker tried to avoid, but you can hardly call not laying a finger on a guy "dirty." Gronk sprained his ankle after a routine tackle that I have never before heard anyone suggest was dirty and everyone knows that it was legal to take a quarterback down by his legs (Pollard was in fact lying on the ground when he made that tackle).

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bradykicksreed-e1358770381610.jpg?w=212

It's kind of hard to see why a guy wouldn't have a problem with this happening to his teammate.

If Brady didn't want to be fallen upon, he could could just waited and Ed Reed would have jumped over him to avoid it. And if he had been hit after he was down his team would have gotten more yards.

That was unsportsmanlike and should have been flagged, but as they saying goes, to each their own...

Nah, I wasn't saying that those were all dirty hits by Pollard. I was just pointing out that he was involved in all of them. And he plays for the Ravens. And Brady missed an entire season because of Pollard. So I can understand why Brady would be on the defensive when he's playing them.

And I think Ed Reed was the guy that got fined in the earlier meeting for a cheap shot on Branch. Even though Brady did the right thing by sliding, you still never know when a guy is gonna come in and pop you. Remember our own London Fletcher doing it to Brady on a similar play?

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't understand the fuss. It's not a big deal at all. And pretty sure it wouldn't have hurt Reed even if he had spiked him. This is only a story because a lot of people don't like Brady (for stupid reasons, I might add). Pollard should have just kept his trap shut.

Archived