Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN TV: RG3 to have total ACL and LCL repair Wed morning (vid) (MET)

FlaSk1nsfan

I hope to hell they rehab him conservatively and let him heal than trying their best to get him in the opener. 8 months just seems low to me compared to all the news we have been hearing recently.

Well the problem is all the news we have been hearing are rumors, speculation, and "a source told me..."

+1 Agreed, I hate having being told/scolded something is buried in such and such thread.
I know the mods are worried that there will be 10 threads on a story every time one gets updated, but they obviously agree that this one is thread-worthy.

For what it's worth, maybe the protocol should be to close the old thread every time there's an update worthy of a new thread. The mara-gate thread is a good example. I never know if something new happens with that unless I read it elsewhere. Every so often, I see in the news what caused that old thread to be bumped. On the other hand, some people think the most ridiculous things are thread-worthy. Good luck trying to sort that out. Closing one of the two threads instead of merging would solve the problem either way, though.

But it's easy for me to give advice on this. I'm not the one in charge of managing thousands of people's discussions. The mods really do a great job and deserve more thank you's than they get.

Also, RG3 is a hero. Anybody who criticizes him for putting himself in danger is criticizing the thing that got him where he is in the first place. No matter what, the guy doesn't want to throw in the towel. That's admirable, and that's what I want my kids to see. A goal-oriented guy like that will recover in 6-8 months with no problem.

I know the mods are worried that there will be 10 threads on a story every time one gets updated, but they obviously agree that this one is thread-worthy.

For what it's worth, maybe the protocol should be to close the old thread every time there's an update worthy of a new thread. The mara-gate thread is a good example. I never know if something new happens with that unless I read it elsewhere. Every so often, I see in the news what caused that old thread to be bumped. On the other hand, some people think the most ridiculous things are thread-worthy. Good luck trying to sort that out. Closing one of the two threads instead of merging would solve the problem either way, though.

But it's easy for me to give advice on this. I'm not the one in charge of managing thousands of people's discussions. The mods really do a great job and deserve more thank you's than they get.

Also, RG3 is a hero. Anybody who criticizes him for putting himself in danger is criticizing the thing that got him where he is in the first place. No matter what, the guy doesn't want to throw in the towel. That's admirable, and that's what I want my kids to see. A goal-oriented guy like that will recover in 6-8 months with no problem.

Preface: I've been NNT'd (once, only because of Len Pasuquerllifetuccinispacheggtiahwhoiasdwgawetg's name being bull**** to spell and didn't show up in a search, and I was new), and it's not the mods' fault. It's like speeding: Not a big deal compared to flaming or stating that I want to be raped by Jason Campbell (yes, that happened), but it's against the rules that we agreed upon when we signed up to go from silent idiots with worthless opinions to loud idiots with worthless opinions.

I'm not a suck up (ask Tarhog, Om, TK, Henry, and Jumbo) in the least, but this is our community and there needs to be organization. Threads like this, as you said, deserve to be on their own because they're breaking news or something that the fans need to know. Same with when Sean died; it needed its own thread, not to be buried in the "Sean was shot" thread.

Aside from that, the grossly overpaid and overappreciated mods do their jobs very well, and they're on anything but a power trip. We're five digits' worth of *******s, and they do a tremendous job of making sure that this site doesn't go to hell in a handbasket. Their job isn't to be liked; it's to make sure that you still want to come back here because we can actually talk about things related to the greatest team in the history of all-time ever of ever.

And to be clear, that isn't aimed at you, robotfire, I'm just quoting you because you brought it up. I understand that you agree for the most part (you probably don't think that we're all *******s, which is fine :) )

Robert gave up his heart and body for the Redskins-now they must do the same for him. Priority one-give him the proper amount of time to heal-no rushing- 2- when he comes back-use him responsibly not recklessly, 3 protect him- from himself and from rushers. Get a legitimate right tackle, design a new scheme that maximizes his talent without putting in jeopardy. Looking over replays of the season, he took a huge beating in the backfield. So too did Luck, but he has the size. Perhaps Robert needs to beef up a little - and that segues into 4. Robert must mature to the next level. He's proven he has a huge heart, courage and toughness. Now he must play smarter. and learn to protect himself. This is as painful lesson he is learning but one that is necessary for Robert to become the great QB he aspires to be. And as he puts in the long hours of rehab-I hope his teammates take note of what it takes. Perhaps then next season, the Leonard Hankerson's of the team won't drop passes just before Robert gets crushed in the backfield trying to make a play.

Hopefully the 6-8 month time frame is correct, but I could easily see him start the season on the PUP list and miss the first 6 games. They really need to protect him better and he needs to learn to slide or get out of bounds on every play, I can't imagine that knee could take another injury.

The positive is that RG3 is still young and this has been an eye opener for the organization and Shanny. Hopefully they never again ask Griffin if he feels okay to go back in.

They will need to watch him and keep his drive and determination in check......no rushing him back.

We can only hope everthing is going to go perfectly. He is under the care of the best doctor in the world with such injuries. Three things must be done:

he needs to have the best possible rehab program and i am sure Dr Andrews will put him in the same regiment that made AP even better after his injury.

Dr Andrews has the final word on when he is ready to start practicing, and take the field. NO WAY is he to be rushed back no matter what the time frame is. The kid is only 22 years old, If he misses the entire 2013 season for his own good, then let that be. Having a 24 year old stud at QB is not the end of the world.

Synder open the wallet and fix the damn field. Hell consult every expert and find out what type of surface is the easiest on the joints if you must. I want to see a field like GBs or Arsenal's they say that type of artificial/natural grass surface is awesome, fast and forgiving. Do it Synder at least our players will be playing half their games on world class surface.

Robert hang in there, we are 100% behind you and love you. Get well soon.

"Redskins Easter Sunday" will be an official holiday the first week Black Jesus returns...

Hallelujah to the Resurrection!!!

Again, he's a good enough QB that he doesn't need to be running a read option to be effective. He's already proven that. I just want to see him be able to plant that foot like he used to on throws without a brace on. The rest will come because he's not even 23 years old.

I still support Shanny and Griffin on staying in there, but even those that agree with me have to feel we dodged a bullet on this one. Griffin really needs to come out in support of Shanny for letting him stay in there, because he's getting creamed ona national level right now.

I think the 6-8 month number is BS. Not sure where that came from but I seriously doubt he plays in 2013

The 6-8 months is on the top-end of the "best case senario/positivity" scale. That is not an absolute by any means.

His rehab would have to go off without a hitch/any set-backs. Oh, and the HGH will help accelerate the process as well.

That said I'll be very surprised if he is indeed ready for the start of the 2013 season. Shanahan made a judgement call and blew it, so, the team, the organization and the fans have to live with it. I accept it now, and if he's not ready so be it. I want him to rehab it the right way and not rush back. I want him to be the starting QB for this team for a long time. Just do it the right way and this time F'ing protect your investment!

Archived