Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN TV: RG3 to have total ACL and LCL repair Wed morning (vid) (MET)

FlaSk1nsfan

Shanahan wrecked the brand new Ferrari.

No the Idiot doctor that told them he cant do more damage to his knee needs to be strung up..... Also I dont trust the redskins staff to take care of a blister..hopefully Snyder brings in the best and they dont rush him back at all.. Lets say week 8 hes ready to play.. if we have a losing record I say keep him out.

I've had this surgery. Tore my LCL and ACL in playing high school ball. This was in 1988. I wasnt back to normal for over a year. (Im also no warrior)

I know advances in medicine have come a long way. No doubt his knee will be fine. Perhaps even better than it was following his college injury. (wondering if he had the BEST doctors repair that injury or not...anyone know?)

What I AM concerned about is mentally. An injury like this wreaks havoc on your mind and soul.

Depression sets in. It can be an awful period for anyone. Will he be able to overcome the mental distractions brought on by this while on the field? Knowing defenses will be gunning for the leg?

One thing is for certain. If anyone can recover & bounce back - It's Robert. My prayers are with him.

No the Idiot doctor that told them he cant do more damage to his knee needs to be strung up..... Also I dont trust the redskins staff to take care of a blister..hopefully Snyder brings in the best and they dont rush him back at all.. Lets say week 8 hes ready to play.. if we have a losing record I say keep him out.

Andrews was the mechanic but Shanny was driving the car.

I've had this surgery. Tore my LCL and ACL in playing high school ball. This was in 1988. I wasnt back to normal for over a year. (Im also no warrior)

I know advances in medicine have come a long way. No doubt his knee will be fine. Perhaps even better than it was following his college injury. (wondering if he had the BEST doctors repair that injury or not...anyone know?)

What I AM concerned about is mentally. An injury like this wreaks havoc on your mind and soul.

Depression sets in. It can be an awful period for anyone. Will he be able to overcome the mental distractions brought on by this while on the field? Knowing defenses will be gunning for the leg?

One thing is for certain. If anyone can recover & bounce back - It's Robert. My prayers are with him.

From what I remember a former Redskins player turned orthopedic surgeon actually performed the procedure in Texas(yes, I was also like huh? a former football player). Andrews is the best orthopedic surgeon in the world, he's in good hands.

Shanahan wrecked the brand new Ferrari.

EB from the junkies made a great point...Nats treated Strasburg w/ kid gloves and he still missed a season due to TJ surgery.

Point is, **** happens in sports.

Griffin will be back and I wouldn't be on him not starting week 1 of the 2013 season.

A few thoughts:

- All in Redskins Nation need to support Mike Shanahan and Robert Griffin. Regardless of how we got to this point, both of these men were responsible for the great season we had and will be the two who help us continue the great ride we're on. This is a major bump in the road that we'll get over and will make winning the SB even sweeter when we do.

- The entire rest of the team is going to need to step up and rally around Griffin and Shanahan. Work your tails off in the offseason and come back ready to take the next step no matter who is the QB on opening day and make sure the winning culture is preserved. If we start the season with Cousins at QB, so be it. We'll be fine because we're gonna get better around him.

- The fans cannot panic. Things happen for a reason and RG lll will be better for this. So will Shanahan. We're NFC East champs so lets see some confidence and swagger. Hold your heads up and keep wearing your Redskins gear with pride and high expectations. We've come too far to have any negative thoughts right now.

- Snyder will repair this field. I'm sure he'll be on the horn today getting consultants in to fix the mess.

- Bruce Allen will keep things rolling in the right direction. Add some pieces Bruce.

- Welcome back Brian Orakpo, Roy Helu, Fred Davis, Adam Carraker, Brandon Merriweather and others. Farewell Chris Cooley, Brandon Banks.

-

Ill gladly wait until 2014. Would hate to see him on a cart by week 8 next year.

Agreed. Don't rush it.

As annoying as they are, I was glad to hear Mike & Mike talk about the field conditions during the game this morning. Not that it wasn't already being talked about, but that's the first time I heard it mentioned nationally. Tis a lot of pressure on Danny to fix that damn field now, so hopefully he'll get it done.

RG3 will be back but every game we watch we will be on pins and needles hoping he wont get hurt again. A third time and his career is pretty much done.

There is no way they can trade Kirk Cousins for the next 2-3 years.

if Kirk Cousins shows a lot of promise next year while RGIII is out, we will need to trade him in year 3 when RGIII comes back. If not in year 4 this team will lose Kirk as he will be a 27 year old QB with experience and promise. No way would he resign with us.

so the question is what if Kirk blows it up next year, hell takes us all the way. Crazier things have happened. What do you do? Remember SD was in similar situation with Rivers and Brees. They gave up Brees. If you are a SD fan who would you rather they kept?

Not Dr.s folks, Mortenson put in on a tweet. Who knows where he got that #. 6-8 months is the absolute best case scenario with no setbacks. And that's assuming this coach and training staff are going to risk it after the backlash they're getting this week. God forbid if he was to reinjure it in 2013, all it'll be is "they rushed him back". I'd put serious money on a 2014 return.

Do better research and watch the video posted earlier.

Mort says, in the video, that doctors think it will be a 6 month timetable, but they added the extra 2 for padding in case there is a setback. So to them the 8 months IS the worst case scenario. They say the team and the doctors are VERY optimistic that he'll be ready for the opener next season.

That's no guarantee of anything, but the odds are in his favor.

if Kirk Cousins shows a lot of promise next year while RGIII is out, we will need to trade him in year 3 when RGIII comes back. If not in year 4 this team will lose Kirk as he will be a 27 year old QB with experience and promise. No way would he resign with us.

so the question is what if Kirk blows it up next year, hell takes us all the way. Crazier things have happened. What do you do? Remember SD was in similar situation with Rivers and Brees. They gave up Brees. If you are a SD fan who would you rather they kept?

Why are you saying RGIII isn't going to play next year?

Based on what the report I heard on ESPN was it sounded better then all the doom and gloom in the wash post and all over espn etc has been all day. They said 6 months is the time frame the docs gave but they always add a few months just incase which is where the 8 comes from. So actually he may be up and running around this summer which would be great. The report sounded way better than what I have been reading all day.

Tell me about it. There is an article in BRBN talking about 6-8 weeks and it starts off saying that it has gone from "bad to worse." How is that? Everyone was talking about him missing huge chunks of the season. This sounds like damn good news to me.

The only thing I want to avoid at all costs is if he comes back anything less than 100%. I want him off the field until his knee is as fresh as possible.

2013: Cousins goes for 3500 yds, 30 tds 12 ints, and the team goes 10-6 or better.

2014: Cousins gets the big contract and RG3 goes on the trade block.

Worse things have happened.

Why are you saying RGIII isn't going to play next year?

Look I am hoping like everyone else that he does. But this is major reconstruction, he will miss all of training camp at least. Hell tell me if anyone in here thought after the initial injury Robert wouldn't be 100% by the playoffs. Everyone told us its a 2-4 week injury and every week he looked worse.

I just don't know, I guess I expect the worse and hope for the best.

Look I am hoping like everyone else that he does. But this is major reconstruction, he will miss all of training camp at least. .

I'm with you. I mean, complete reconstruction of his knee...and being back by September? That seems awfully fast, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Look I am hoping like everyone else that he does. But this is major reconstruction, he will miss all of training camp at least. Hell tell me if anyone in here thought after the initial injury Robert wouldn't be 100% by the playoffs. Everyone told us its a 2-4 week injury and every week he looked worse.

I just don't know, I guess I expect the worse and hope for the best.

A quote from Dr Andrews concerning Knee surgeries on NFL players in general....

"The average NFL player ... only about a little over 50 percent are still playing after two years. We say we have 90 to 90-plus percent success with (knee) surgeries (in non-NFL cases). But we're talking about playing in the NFL. It's not 90 percent, believe me.

Ive waited 20 years for a franchise QB, we trade away our future to finally get one and then recklessly play him hurt and risk his career. SMH. I am SOOOOOO pissed right now.

Archived