Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN TV: RG3 to have total ACL and LCL repair Wed morning (vid) (MET)

FlaSk1nsfan

I hate to say it, but in my mind I've already moved on. I think it's far more likely that the RG3 we know and love is gone, than he returns and plays 16 games next year...or any year for that matter.

This one has the "Greg Oden" stink all over it.

No offense, but where on earth did you get that impression? There is a COMPLETE difference between microfracture surgery and replacing ligaments.

Not many apparently.

I was just listening to the radio and a doctor stated that two-thirds of NFL players don't come back from this kind of surgery.

PD93, Tom Brady for two...

Those 2 both were having their first ACL surgeries. This is an ACL Revision Surgery (second reconstruction) for Griff. Not to say he won;t come back, but the road is harder and the possibility of limitations is greater.

Those 2 both were having their first ACL surgeries. This is an ACL Revision Surgery (second reconstruction) for Griff. Not to say he won;t come back, but the road is harder and the possibility of limitations is greater.

Assuming they completely replaced the ACL.

I hate to say it, but in my mind I've already moved on. I think it's far more likely that the RG3 we know and love is gone, than he returns and plays 16 games next year...or any year for that matter.

Please stop this madness! Even if he had 50% of what he had last year he would still be better than anything this team has had at the position for 20 years.

Assuming they completely replaced the ACL.

Its been reported they removed a portion of the pateller tendon in his good knee to replace the ACL.

Link

"Robert's ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession. You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace.''

I think too many folks have already buried him, geez as hard worker as he is and his desire to play will dictate how long it takes. If it is the full 8 months you are looking at the start of the regular season. Best case scenario would be playing in the 3rd preseason game for a quarter, worse case scenario we see him in October. But I will take this guy at 75% of what he "was" and be happy with it. This guy can do more than just run and he may be all the better because of this in the long run. I am not ready to go to his wake just yet.

I am aware of that. I was not comparing the surgical procedures.

Then why bring up Greg Oden? He was a failure because microfracture is notoriously bad for basketball players, its not the same as ACL injuries for a QB. Its more akin to Tommy John surgery for a pitcher than an ACL for a QB. Obviously theres a chance RGIII may lose a little explosiveness, but theres not a huge chance he'll never be able to play again. That doesn't really make sense, honestly.

If there was a big chance he wouldn't play again, you'd already hear rumors coming from people close to the situation that there was a danger to his career. Obviously every injury could have complications, but assuming things go the way they usually go in these cases, I wouldn't expect him to be a bum considering his job isn't to run around anyway.Contrary to the way everyones reacting, he is still a quarterback and Peyton Manning proves they don't really need to move much.

Redskins @Redskins

Dr. James Andrews performed surgery this morning on #Redskins QB @RGIII and released the following statement....

Redskins @Redskins

"@RGIII had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction...

Redskins @Redskins

"We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to @RGIII's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

Redskins @Redskins

...The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

Then why bring up Greg Oden? He was a failure because microfracture is notoriously bad for basketball players, its not the same as ACL injuries for a QB. Its more akin to Tommy John surgery for a pitcher than an ACL for a QB. Obviously theres a chance RGIII may lose a little explosiveness, but theres not a huge chance he'll never be able to play again. That doesn't really make sense, honestly.

If there was a big chance he wouldn't play again, you'd already hear rumors coming from people close to the situation that there was a danger to his career. Obviously every injury could have complications, but assuming things go the way they usually go in these cases, I wouldn't expect him to be a bum considering his job isn't to run around anyway.Contrary to the way everyones reacting, he is still a quarterback and Peyton Manning proves they don't really need to move much.

I appreciate your optimism.

Maybe you could root for another team then.

Redskins @Redskins

Dr. James Andrews performed surgery this morning on #Redskins QB @RGIII and released the following statement....

Redskins @Redskins

"@RGIII had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction...

Redskins @Redskins

"We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to @RGIII's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

Redskins @Redskins

...The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

Very nice. This is good to hear. I'm sure Robert will start rehabbing as soon as possible and get back to 100% for the season. Hope he takes care of himself

Maybe you could root for another team then.

Get a hold of yourself. I'm on the record that this team can win the East with Cousins next year and I'll be there in the stands just like I was last Sunday when my QBs knee exploded without getting touched.

Im just speaking from the heart and, right now, I just can't see a scenario where RG3 returns to any kind of consistent, week-in-week-out athletic performance. He is damaged goods, now and forever. End of story.

Get a hold of yourself. I'm on the record that this team can win the East with Cousins next year and I'll be there in the stands just like I was last Sunday when my QBs knee exploded without getting touched.

Im just speaking from the heart and, right now, I just can't see a scenario where RG3 returns to any kind of consistent, week-in-week-out athletic performance. He is damaged goods, now and forever. End of story.

And your medical degree is from where? You need to relax amigo.

Well the worlds best doc, who did the surgery, said nothing about the knee "exploding" so why don't we just see how his rehab goes before we think anything. Hell, let's let the anithesia wear off for Gods sake.

There are so many things wrong with that statement that I think you're in line for a job at ESPN or 106.7.

demotivational-posters-overreaction.jpg

Mr. Peterson would like a word with you...

While I respect your opinion, I really do feel RGIII is a superstar, and this was just a bump in the road for him and the team. He has rehab an ACL before, only to stay a complete burner, even at the highest level of competition. He may lose a tad bit of speed, but will still be the fastest QB in the league, and will continue to have success the way he did this year.

Archived