Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN TV: RG3 to have total ACL and LCL repair Wed morning (vid) (MET)

FlaSk1nsfan

Not Dr.s folks, Mortenson put in on a tweet. Who knows where he got that #. 6-8 months is the absolute best case scenario with no setbacks. And that's assuming this coach and training staff are going to risk it after the backlash they're getting this week. God forbid if he was to reinjure it in 2013, all it'll be is "they rushed him back". I'd put serious money on a 2014 return.

"The ACL was diagnosed late Tuesday as a complete tear of the patella graft that was used to repair his torn ACL suffered at Baylor in 2009. A team source said Dr. Andrews likely will use a patella graft from Griffin's other knee to repair the most recent tear."

They will operate on BOTH knees, even the good one? Ruthro! I know I'm no medical person, but if my body part aint broke, I don't want anyone touching it! Get it from somewhere else!

all i remember the last time is rg iii said he was really down and disappointed but would sit on a chair and throw footballs to his dad constantly to improve his throwing. 2 years later he won the heisman...you have to think he'll be a better thrower because of this
amen!!!

All I know is what the Redskins did with RG3 is about the same as getting a new car on your 16th Bday and crashing it later that night......holy crap, can we please be careful with this kid nxt yr.

He's gonna be handled with kid gloves for the rest of his career.

I hope to hell they rehab him conservatively and let him heal than trying their best to get him in the opener. 8 months just seems low to me compared to all the news we have been hearing recently.

Sounds like a damn scam for people purchasing tickets or something...Opener just seems way too soon

All I know is what the Redskins did with RG3 is about the same as getting a new car on your 16th Bday and crashing it later that night......holy crap, can we please be careful with this kid nxt yr.

On Monday I told my co-worker that they treated him like a kid would a new toy that they desire. Eventually that kid will destroy that toy if they aren't careful.

I hope to hell they rehab him conservatively and let him heal than trying their best to get him in the opener. 8 months just seems low to me compared to all the news we have been hearing recently.

Im sure that Danny will have this kid with the best of everything money can buy and Danny has plenty of the money. This may end up being a good thing long term as hard as that is to say. If he learns how to protect himself etc yet can still make the plays with his legs when he needs to then well be in good shape. But using him as a primary weapon on O like you can in college will get him killed. Hes a good passer, we need him to use that first and the legs to extend plays not become a running back. Hell be ok in the long run.

Who know how fast RG III will recover as every case is different. I suspect the team will be overly cautious however given the circumstances.

At best we will have a 22 year old QB with two ACL and a LCL surgery under his belt. That is worrisome on it's own.

Plus having the franchise player under this medical staff is frightening.

This is the same staff who said Orakpo was healed. Then he came back and aggravated his pec injury in only the 2nd preseason game. Then he was supposedly fine and wound up with another pec injury in only week two of the regular season and was lost for the year.

Having a young QB with a major injury in his rookie season combined with this medical staff is downright scary, just hope it all works out in the end...

Sounds like a damn scam for people purchasing tickets or something...Opener just seems way too soon
Your too into the old BS. This is ESPN and outside sources saying this not the team. Too hard to do that stuff today with all the social media and instant news etc. Im sure its legit

Not Dr.s folks, Mortenson put in on a tweet. Who knows where he got that #. 6-8 months is the absolute best case scenario with no setbacks. And that's assuming this coach and training staff are going to risk it after the backlash they're getting this week. God forbid if he was to reinjure it in 2013, all it'll be is "they rushed him back". I'd put serious money on a 2014 return.

Actually according to the video that he posted, six months is the expected time, but the extra months are in there for setbacks. They stated he should be ready for limited participation in training camp and ready to start on game one.

Supposedly the tear of the 2009 repaired ACL is not as bad as A.P.'s ACL tear.

Actually according to the video that he posted, six months is the expected time, but the extra months are in there for setbacks. They stated he should be ready for limited participation in training camp and ready to start on game one.

Supposedly the tear of the 2009 repaired ACL is not as bad as A.P.'s ACL tear.

Thats what I took from it too. We will know more tomorrow when we wake up. I think hell be fine. This kid is such a fitness maniac and works so hard. This is the same kid that after he won the heisman that night at 3AM he was in the gym working out with his GF instead of out in NY on the town. Google that story if you have not heard it yet, its a perfect expample of this kids drive to win! Hell be fine.

Thats what I took from it too. We will know more tomorrow when we wake up. I think hell be fine. This kid is such a fitness maniac and works so hard. This is the same kid that after he won the heisman that night at 3AM he was in the gym working out with his GF instead of out in NY on the town. Google that story if you have not heard it yet, its a perfect expample of this kids drive to win! Hell be fine.

I completely agree and edited my remarks thinking this didn't need to be a new thread because I was wrong and I admit when I'm wrong. Originally I thought it could go in the "How's RG3 thread". Anyway thanks for the update and I will google that.

Can someone who knows what they're talking about comment on how this compares to Adrian Peterson's injury and surgery/rehab process? AP tore both his MCL and ACL in December of 2011 so it's basically the same time frame as RG3 has for this offseason minus a few weeks.

Admire the optimism of some it's just tough with the luck this franchise has had over the past two decades.

All I keep thinking is the possibility of this being a Durant/Oden type situation.

To be where the Skins were just a couple days ago and now having their future on the operating table again at such an early age is tough to swallow.

Maybe the NFL will give the Skins the 18 million back for this season to make things a bit better even though it's unlikely to happen...

I'm gonna assume mid to early October as a return date. He might "functional" sooner...but no reason to risk his career any further than already has. I'm also confident he'll return nearly 100% of himself. He'll be able to study a lot of film at least, lol. Hope the surgery goes well! Cousins should keep us afloat until he's absolutely ready to take the field.

Archived