Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

It's all on Shanny, not RG3. He should not have been playing, but he can't be the one to pull himself. Mike gets paid the big bucks to make the tough decisions, and he made the wrong one yesterday. Let's hope it doesn't cost us anything more than the loss.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

It's both ways, because the Media prefers to act indignant and critical than any other way and thus every situation is looked at in a "How can we spin this in a way we can criticize and deride so we look like we're analyzing things" fashion

It's all on Shanny, not RG3. He should not have been playing, but he can't be the one to pull himself. Mike gets paid the big bucks to make the tough decisions, and he made the wrong one yesterday. Let's hope it doesn't cost us anything more than the loss.

My thoughts exactly. Mike and Kyle were like deer in the headlights yesterday.

Like Doc Walker said this morning on the radio: There is a reason why he has a C on his uniform. And he was livid on how everyone was saying he should have been pulled. What RG3 did is correct. In the chat room I said the only way RG3 comes out is if he benches himself. He has been fighting for the last couple of games and got us the NFC Championship. There is no way the coach pulls him out based on what he had done up to this point. He didn't have to listen to his QB but he did give RG3 the benefit of doubt. I have no problem with this at all.

RG III has said as much - he is going to play until he is told not to. And even then, he will be angry but he will respect the coach's decision.

Griffin is a warrior. A true one. One that will run until he is not able to. But he also respects authority, and will sit down in Mike tells him to. It's time to take command of his future since he will always find ways to win, even if he knows he may be hurt.

I think that's kind of his point, though, to be fair to Warren. People have opinions. Some are very informed, some are not. But if Griff's criticism is coming from players for staying in the game, doesn't the fan who agrees with that sentiment carry a little more weight?

The issue with Sapp's comment is that Griffin's tweet itself acknowledged that some have been in that situation. Others however, haven't. Even as an "ex player"...that doesn't mean they've necessarily been in that position as a coach, or in that position as a player where you're expected to "pull yourself out" from a key position in the midst of a playoff game.

No offense to Sapp, but I HIGHLY doubt that he'd have just shrug his shoulders and trotted off the field in the playoff run to the superbowl if he felt like he could still play but knew he was hurting.

Anyone that thinks Griffin hurt the team or was selfish has never played a high level sport or been a top athlete. Period. You don't take yourself out and you do everything possible to get on the field and stay on the field at the top level. And even so, the guy earned the right to play if he felt he could go who are any of us to take that chance away from him. The team elected him captain because they believe he gives us the best chance to win. Period. So sick of this.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

It is the job of the media bloviators to be fickle, stupid and work a constant double standard, if they were consistent there wouldn't be controversy. This is the exact reason that I haven't watched a single millisecond of ESPN or NFL Network since the loss.

Warren SappVerified‏@WarrenSapp

@RGIII really? What about us that have, should we just say nothing

Warren is an ass and has been one of the biggest critic on RG3 all year... I believe RG3 was referring to media dorks that have never played the game, but as usual that jackass finds a way to make it personal and about himself.

So sick of this.

What do you expect? It's the off season. We exited the play offs, and did it with a lot of drama and talking points. Of course we are going to dissect the hell out of this until every fan makes a personal vow to never speak the words "RG" and "knee" in the same sentence ever again :)

Mike gets paid the big bucks to lead this team. He was LOYAL to his star player, and when RG3 wanted a shot to win the game...he gave it to him. Right or wrong, I respect the move and I bet the players in the locker room feel the same way. All the media stuff is just noise.

And the reason people question and criticize is because we lost.

This will be a great test for him. Lots of people questioning him right now on a national stage, something I'm sure he's not used to

He will learn from this experience and come out stronger

He always has and I think this will make him even better as a QB. I remember reading an article where it said, after he tore his ACL in college, his accuracy got better when he came back.

Something about practicing throwing, while sitting on a chair. I have complete faith in him, before RG3, we were never invited to dinner, this year we got to taste dinner, next year we WILL get dessert.

Like Doc Walker said this morning on the radio: There is a reason why he has a C on his uniform. And he was livid on how everyone was saying he should have been pulled. What RG3 did is correct. In the chat room I said the only way RG3 comes out is if he benches himself. He has been fighting for the last couple of games and got us the NFC Championship. There is no way the coach pulls him out based on what he had done up to this point. He didn't have to listen to his QB but he did give RG3 the benefit of doubt. I have no problem with this at all.

It's like a corner man in boxing. You gotta do what's best for the fighter. And leaving him in the game wasn't what was best for the him or the rest of the team.

He is exactly correct.

"In great attempts it is glorious even to fail" - Vince Lombardi

This quote embodies football for me. Yes, winning is great, but it's about the "will" to win, and the battle. Rg3 battled last night, and the kid has more heart than a lot of players in the league. He earned his teammates respect as well as his opponents respect.

That's all you can ask for.

He needs to shut his fat mouth! obviously the guy made a decision....it didn't work and he's upset no need for your bankrupt ass to put your 2 cents in.

The media (including the ex players) do nothing if they're not piling on. Sapp would be the first guy to criticize a QB for quitting.

"Winners want the ball."

~Coach McGinty

So which is it?

Bravo......

It was a damned-if-you-do damned-if-you-don't situation. He pulls himself and they question his heart, he stays in they question his head.

No reason to think about it twice, just keep going forward. There is no way to win this debate with your critics, you can't talk them into seeing your point of view.

He is exactly correct.

"In great attempts it is glorious even to fail" - Vince Lombardi

This quote embodies football for me. Yes, winning is great, but it's about the "will" to win, and the battle. Rg3 battled last night, and the kid has more heart than a lot of players in the league. He earned his teammates respect as well as his opponents respect.

That's all you can ask for.

A song which embodies this feeling:

you don't have a problem with RGIII saying to his coach he is fine? I do. The correct information is paramount whether you are playing a football game, making investments, or risking your life in battle. RGIII flat out lied to his coach. i love the kid but if I were Mike i would have a very long talk with him in the off season.

Archived