Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

RG3 and the coaches are going to be damned if they do, damned if they don't. Everyone can make the right call with hindsight.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 12:07 PM ----------

;9384453']I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to RGIII and how I feel about him.

Love - the way he plays the game and not matter what' date=' is willing to stay in and play through what was obviously a lot of pain.

Hate - the fact the Giants have to play him twice a year

I hope he is okay[/quote']

Thank you dude. I saw so many fans of other NFC East teams on Facebook saying they hope RG3 is done for his career.

are you guys seriously comparing what happens to Cutler and RGIII last night? the kid had 7 out of 11 passes completed after he got injured in the 1st quarter for a total of TWENTY YARDS? Brave words RGIII but you need to realize when you are hurting instead of helping the team.

Looking back at the game, I think RG3 wasn't really hurting the team. Some of his passes weren't pretty, but should have been caught. From bad snaps, to our guys slipping on the field. Captain Kirk came in and had the same issues. Seattle had a better game plan. Have to give credit to Seattle's insane defense who stepped it up big after 1st Quarter, making the quick adjustments. IMO, Seattle's the best team in the league and we gave them hell.

Boy, I remember the intense arguments on here and much criticism directed at Gibbs and Brunell when he was hurt and would play anyway. People have short memories.

But it’s silly when discussing the judgments of player and coaches in such a case, to be making some sort of "ruling" that it is "only on the coach" or "only on the QB" or "we shouldn't be questioning it at all because we don't know." This is not like some of the things we question all the time anyway, even when we really don't have any info. We have a lot of info, and we have what we have been seeing for weeks and saw last night.

That doesn't mean we "know the whole story" yet either. And that should be considered when pontificating, of course.

But seriously, how much brainpower does it take to understand that reasonable questioning of the judgment of both the QB and the coach in this matter is a pretty damn rational thing to do.

It's certainly something we would consider perfectly legit if it were any other team, with how you do it (intelligently or idiotically) determining the merit of any comment. But the basic questioning of the decision of both parties is obviously valid.

I'm not "mad" (at this point) with either party, though I could see that changing somewhat regarding the HC, depending on what I hear from Mike.

To my "not in the coach or QBs position" eyes, I saw what it seems millions of other informed viewers saw---that he maybe should have come out sometime before he did. He DID come out, so we aren't discussing that as a "possibility", we're discussing WHEN it might have been best for him to come out.

I have nothing but mad love for Griff, including on this call of his, I just want him to make mature and responsible judgments for his health and the team's best interest and I simply don't know if that happened last night. I'm not "pissed", either way, I just care. And I am still wanting more details on the thinking (I just got my first break from work so have't caught up) of both parties.

I do think it's rational and important to put more of the responsibility on the head coach. He makes the final call on this thing and he drives the whole bus. That doesn't mean there isn't a likely and very important learning opportunity here for our beloved QB. I am simply grateful to the whole team for this year, intensely hope Robert will fully heal, and look forward to our improving. The other teams that will be in our way next year are certainly not going to sit still, either.

The only reason why people are complaining about MS is because they believe KC is actually better than what he really is right now. Now I bet if Rex Grossman was the one backing up RGIII people would've said the MS made the right desicion. Now how was MS suppose to know that the center would snap the ball into the dirt and RGIII would hurt himself going for the ball?

The only reason why people are complaining about MS is because they believe KC is actually better than what he really is right now. Now I bet if Rex Grossman was the one backing up RGIII people would've said the MS made the right desicion. Now how was MS suppose to know that the center would snap the ball into the dirt and RGIII would hurt himself going for the ball?

Having just informed you have made your last post on ES in another thread, seeing this was nice reinforcement, and so quickly, though I didn't require any.

I'm incredibly disappointed in our fanbase after all of this.

Everyone can try and tell themselves that its just the media that made RGIII feel he had to defend himself, but consider all the Redskins fans talking about it, he knows its fans too that are questioning him.

Yeah it feels real great to be a Redskin fan and see our rookie QB have to defend himself after just leading a team to the playoffs and a division title for the first time since 1999.

Boy, I remember the intense arguments on here and much criticism directed at Gibbs and Brunell when he was hurt and would play anyway. People have short memories.

But it’s silly when discussing the judgments of player and coaches in such a case, to be making some sort of "ruling" that it is "only on the coach" or "only on the QB" or "we shouldn't be questioning it at all because we don't know." This is not like some of the things we question all the time anyway, even when we really don't have any info. We have a lot of info, and we have what we have been seeing for weeks and saw last night.

I actually think the issue is that we don't know what information Shanahan used to make his decisions. It shouldn't be a discussion between the coach and player. It should involve a trainer or doctor.

The question should be directed to someone with some medical knowledge and it should always be: "Can he play on it?" The second question is "Can he hurt it worse?"

We have pretty good information that Shanahan did not ask those questions last month. He may not have asked them yesterday. Failure to do so, is gross negligence in my view.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 01:46 PM ----------

Yeah it feels real great to be a Redskin fan and see our rookie QB have to defend himself after just leading a team to the playoffs and a division title for the first time since 1999.

Is anyone criticizing RGIII? I'm not. NFL players would go back into the game with a compound fracture. They have been brainwashed since they were 6.

Coaches are supposed to be rational.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

This is an excellent point. The line where it's "ok" for a guy to remove himself or be removed if he's still walking around is razor thin. Cutler was injured, stopped playing, and got booed and ripped for it. Meanwhile RGIII stays in, and gets ripped for it.

I think there is something to be said about the coach pulling a guy vs. a player pulling himself. However, if Shanahan had pulled RGIII and Cousins didn't win us the game, there'd be a fair number of people questioning Shanahan pulling him. The problem is that how good the decision was is determined after it's made. If, for example, Hankerson catches that 3rd down throw, and Morris gets a few more runs, and we win, does keeping RGIII in become a good decision? Shanahan made a judgement call. The outcome might well haunt him forever, or it might just be a minor blip. We'll find out. I'm not saying he made the right choice necessarily, but I don't think we can say with certainty that at the time the decision was made it was the definitively wrong call either.

I'm sorry but its perfectly reasonable to question judgement here. Does anyone here know of any comparable where a qb was allowed to play when he was this hobbled? I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm not saying he should have been pulled immediately, but i think we saw enough in the 2nd quarter that it was apparent that the injury was now also affecting his ability to throw, protect himself, and execute the gameplan. At minimum, the discussion should have been "we're going to give you one more drive and if it doesn't look better, Kirk is going to go in". I don't want anyone fired, but a mistake was made. That's clear. I just hope they learn from it. Shanahan needs to let the doctors make the call and trust his eyes, and RG3 needs to put the team first. I don't blame him for wanting to compete and I'm sure he wanted to compete for the team, but you have to have faith in those behind you.

This is an excellent point. The line where it's "ok" for a guy to remove himself or be removed if he's still walking around is razor thin. Cutler was injured, stopped playing, and got booed and ripped for it. Meanwhile RGIII stays in, and gets ripped for it.

I think there is something to be said about the coach pulling a guy vs. a player pulling himself. However, if Shanahan had pulled RGIII and Cousins didn't win us the game, there'd be a fair number of people questioning Shanahan pulling him. The problem is that how good the decision was is determined after it's made. If, for example, Hankerson catches that 3rd down throw, and Morris gets a few more runs, and we win, does keeping RGIII in become a good decision? Shanahan made a judgement call. The outcome might well haunt him forever, or it might just be a minor blip. We'll find out. I'm not saying he made the right choice necessarily, but I don't think we can say with certainty that at the time the decision was made it was the definitively wrong call either.

I don't recall the Cutler timeline.....Did he try to play at first or did he immediately sit?

I'm sorry but its perfectly reasonable to question judgement here. Does anyone here know of any comparable where a qb was allowed to play when he was this hobbled? I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm not saying he should have been pulled immediately, but i think we saw enough in the 2nd quarter that it was apparent that the injury was now also affecting his ability to throw, protect himself, and execute the gameplan. At minimum, the discussion should have been "we're going to give you one more drive and if it doesn't look better, Kirk is going to go in". I don't want anyone fired, but a mistake was made. That's clear. I just hope they learn from it. Shanahan needs to let the doctors make the call and trust his eyes, and RG3 needs to put the team first. I don't blame him for wanting to compete and I'm sure he wanted to compete for the team, but you have to have faith in those behind you.

Phillip Rivers? Brett Favre? Big Ben?

In college Byron Leftwich finished a game on a broken leg where his lineman were literally carrying him down the field in between snaps

Looking back at the game, I think RG3 wasn't really hurting the team. Some of his passes weren't pretty, but should have been caught. From bad snaps, to our guys slipping on the field. Captain Kirk came in and had the same issues. Seattle had a better game plan. Have to give credit to Seattle's insane defense who stepped it up big after 1st Quarter, making the quick adjustments.
I'm sorry but I totally disagree with this viewpoint. Griffin clearly couldn't follow through with his throws and clearly couldn't run, so yes he was hurting the team. Cousins seemed to be running for his life the whole time, not sure if Seattle just went all-out blitz on every snap or what but their play-calling changed once he came in and that may have been due to the fact that they realised a fully-fit QB could hurt them whereas Griffin clearly couldn't. :2cents:

I actually think the issue is that we don't know what information Shanahan used to make his decisions. It shouldn't be a discussion between the coach and player. It should involve a trainer or doctor.

The question should be directed to someone with some medical knowledge and it should always be: "Can he play on it?" The second question is "Can he hurt it worse?"

We have pretty good information that Shanahan did not ask those questions last month. He may not have asked them yesterday. Failure to do so' date=' is gross negligence in my view.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 01:46 PM ----------

Is anyone criticizing RGIII? I'm not. NFL players would go back into the game with a compound fracture. They have been brainwashed since they were 6.

Coaches are supposed to be rational.

LOTS of people are criticizing RGIII, in fact a lot of fans are doing that on this board. And some of the statements in this topic come off the same way. People are saying he was not being a team guy, thats a big criticism and something he shouldn't have to deal with after everything hes been through this season.

But no, this is the Redskins. Nothing is ever good enough to stop the incessant whining that comes with a season that doesn't result in a flawless SB. I'm sick of hearing whining veiled in statements that end in "but" so they look like they're still supporting the team. Face it, if you say xyz player needs to learn from his mistakes or that they need to put the team first, you're not saying "they did a good job and I'm proud of this team".

At least leave the criticisms for a few weeks from now when everyone can look at next season, not right after where even the QB has to respond to it via twitter.

Archived