Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with this viewpoint. Griffin clearly couldn't follow through with his throws and clearly couldn't run, so yes he was hurting the team. Cousins seemed to be running for his life the whole time, not sure if Seattle just went all-out blitz on every snap or what but their play-calling changed once he came in and that may have been due to the fact that they realised a fully-fit QB could hurt them whereas Griffin clearly couldn't. :2cents:

UK Skins, I guess we can agree to disagree. Yes, it was clear that he couldn't follow through some of those passes which led to only a few ugly plays. But blaming this game all on RG3 isn't fair to him. There's more reasons why we couldn't move the ball down the field. To me, the answer to yesterday's problem isn't a simple answer.

Basically people that wanted RG3 to take himself out wanted that based on performance, not injury (people automatically assume RG3's subpar play was 100% due to the injury). Let's say RG3 throws a 90 yard TD pass in the 4th quarter instead of injuring his knee on his last play. What do you think then?

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 01:33 PM ----------

This whole thing is a cluster**** right now. I worry about trust issues between RG3 and coach now, and now Shanny is getting so much pressure he's going to make a point to pull RG3 the second he sees the slighest limp or possible injury. Mickey-mouse, new-age NFL chicken**** nonsense is what is happening here.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

It's whatever headline controversy will sell commercials that day.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

That's the thing. It's a double edged sword and completely hypocritical. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

It's like a corner man in boxing. You gotta do what's best for the fighter. And leaving him in the game wasn't what was best for the him or the rest of the team.

I am not a boxing fan but the last time I watched a match, over 20 years ago, the guy went out when he was KO. Just sayin'.

So which is it?

If you are hurting your team you should come out and ignore the barking dogs who criticize without knowing all the facts.

That's the thing. It's a double edged sword and completely hypocritical. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Did Tomlison go through the same thing ... he took himself out and his legacy was cemented as soft. Some playoff game ...

Did Tomlison go through the same thing ... he took himself out and his legacy was cemented as soft. Some playoff game ...

I remember this too, but when I went back I couldn't find an article. I have this picture cemented in my head.

LaDainianBench.jpg

And this blog entry I found... titled "Chargers release their crybaby RB"

Good riddance LaDainian Tomlinson. Now LT's main goal is to win a championship. Maybe you should have showed up to your multiple playoff games over the past 9 years instead of pouting on the sidelines like a 6-year old.

Take a lesson from your former QB. Phillip Rivers managed to gut out a superb playoff game on a torn ACL, that later took 6 months of rehab, while you nursed your ****** on the sideline. We all remember the infamous image with your jacket on, visor down.

If you wanted to win a Super Bowl so bad you would have taken a seat on the bench sooner and let Darren Sproles touch the rock.

Sulk a little more LT. You will be forever remembered as one of the best fantasy football running backs of all time. Nothing less, nothing more.

Yeah... I'll take RG3's actions last night any day.

You know, i was kind of mad about it anyway last night, but after really thinking about it...no. Let's say Shanny took him out, put Cousins in. That would mean RG3 is pretty much done for the season. Not much chance he can beat the Falcons if he can't beat the Seahawks. Cousins performed well. He defeated the Browns pretty handily. You think he's capable of winning against Atlanta, Green Bay, or San Francisco? We were doomed the minute that knee got re-agitated, folks. Accept it.

Concerns on RG3's health are one thing, but put any winning out of your mind.

Wow this news is already causing shock-waves. My season ticket partner already said he won't renew with me next year if this is true. Could be a huge economic hit for the Redskins if RGIII is down for 2013.

This team is more than just RG3. Some people need to chill.

This team is more than just RG3. Some people need to chill.

Hard to do that at this point. Nobody knows anything and I think that's whats making it worse. You're talking about a fanbase that has been waiting 20 years for a guy like this and then in 5 seconds, be taken away for possibly more than a year. It this were Garcon or Morris, I think people would be less panicky. But he's our Brady, our Peyton, our Rodgers. I'm not saying he's as good as them, but he IS the franchise whether anyone wants to admit it or not. You don't give up 4 picks for a player, watch him play one year, tear his knee and half and expect everyone to say, "oh well, that's the way it goes." I have no problem with anyone feeling doom right now. I feel that way.

I remember this too, but when I went back I couldn't find an article. I have this picture cemented in my head.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JT09vyAZULU/Sv3b_1eYzGI/AAAAAAAAAF8/eZClt9w1yj8/s320/LaDainianBench.jpg

And this blog entry I found... titled "Chargers release their crybaby RB"

Yeah... I'll take RG3's actions last night any day.

great find man ...thanks. I knew it. I really think if Robert came out and there was one shot of him smiling or standing up, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED.

when your captain says to you coach I'm hurt not injured don't take me out I can do this for my teammates in a playoff game that hasn't happened since 99, you gonna bench him? In shanny an Rg3 I trust f all the dumb **** being flung out of the tv an radio today....Lets go draft/fa an offseason time!

Hard to do that at this point. Nobody knows anything and I think that's whats making it worse. You're talking about a fanbase that has been waiting 20 years for a guy like this and then in 5 seconds, be taken away for possibly more than a year. It this were Garcon or Morris, I think people would be less panicky. But he's our Brady, our Peyton, our Rodgers. I'm not saying he's as good as them, but he IS the franchise whether anyone wants to admit it or not. You don't give up 4 picks for a player, watch him play one year, tear his knee and half and expect everyone to say, "oh well, that's the way it goes." I have no problem with anyone feeling doom right now. I feel that way.

I'm so sick of this prevailing negativity on this board. And with most Skins fans. If its really a partial ACL, LCL then thats really a best case scenario at this point. He's looking at being back around August or September. Plenty of time to be ready for the season. Stop expecting the worst. Robert is a freak of nature and will only come back stronger and wiser. If you wanna throw in the towel then by all means do so. I've suffered through hell with this team most of my life. My favorite player was murdered. Through all the **** I have stuck with this team and now that we have a stud at QB in RGIII. A guy that will sacrifice life and limb for his teammates. I'm not giving up just because he is injured. He sure as hell won't. I can assure you of that. He will be starting opening day. He will lead us to the playoffs again next year and I for one will be along for the ride. RGIII is a warrior. I support him and this team 1000%

As has been stated... the media is full of hypocrisy. RGIII stays in and winds up potentially getting severely injured, and the media calls Shanahan dumb and Griffin too stubborn for his own good. Jay Cutler removes himself from a game a couple years back and he is viewed as soft. Brett Favre fought through numerous injuries throughout his career and he is a tough warrior. All it comes down to, in the end, is the media needs a story to write. Had RGIII been removed from the game and we still lost, Shanahan would have been questioned with the media asking if a one-legged RGIII would be more effective then Kirk Cousins. If RGIII had been removed and we won, the media may fire up the old "QB controversy"... at the very least call into question how much RGIII really meant to this team. I'm usually a big time sports fanatic... watching every show on ESPN imaginable and reading articles on ESPN. I won't do it this week, because I'm not interested in the opinions of people concerning what was right or wrong when it came to removing RGIII. When it comes down to it, it's easy for the media, and all of us, to say that Shanahan was wrong in leaving him in. In the heat of the moment, it would be impossible to say what any one of us would do if presented the same situation. So, I'm not going to jump on Shanahan or RGIII for the decision to stay in the game. What's done is done. If it is a torn ACL, I pray for a speedy recovery and I would like RGIII to dial up Adrian Peterson for that workout routine.

We all need to chill until it is announced tomorrow. Ifmhenisnout until then2014 season with some crazy tears then so be it. We will have to roll on. Hopefully it is the best case scenario and he pulls an AD, and kills it next year after coming back from a injury that most people just don't come back from period. Shanny should not be blamed, he did what he thought was best for our team and you can't fault him for that. Robert is a monster and will come back from this, maybe not the runner that he was, but the passer that he is. Let's face it, the option wasn't meant to be installed forever and RG3's job is to pass the ball, and that is what he will do, possibly not next season but the season after that for sure.

I'm so sick of this prevailing negativity on this board. And with most Skins fans. If its really a partial ACL, LCL then thats really a best case scenario at this point. He's looking at being back around August or September. Plenty of time to be ready for the season. Stop expecting the worst. Robert is a freak of nature and will only come back stronger and wiser. If you wanna throw in the towel then by all means do so. I've suffered through hell with this team most of my life. My favorite player was murdered. Through all the **** I have stuck with this team and now that we have a stud at QB in RGIII. A guy that will sacrifice life and limb for his teammates. I'm not giving up just because he is injured. He sure as hell won't. I can assure you of that. He will be starting opening day. He will lead us to the playoffs again next year and I for one will be along for the ride. RGIII is a warrior. I support him and this team 1000%

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

EXACTLY!!!!!! Hail!!

Archived