Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

Phillip Rivers? Brett Favre? Big Ben?

Philip Rivers game isn't based on mobility at all, and he was effective while hurt. Big Ben has played hurt but he's also a much bigger guy and that helps him protect himself more often than not.....but even in his case he takes unecessary hits. Guys have played through ribs, ankles, arm pain and in Rivers case, a knee, but I just don't recall a QB who is asked to run and rollout playing that hobbled ever before. The bottom line is the results speak for themselves. The offense couldn't produce for nearly 3 quarters after the reaggravation with RG3 taking snaps. I don't blame him for being a competitor, because ultimately its Shanahan's call. Its a tough call no doubt, but one that should have been made. Again, not reason to fire anyone, but I hope a lesson is finally learned.

Well, he might not have been being selfish in his intentions but ultimately, him staying in DID hurt the team.

Two important turnovers happened because of his knee...

1. The pass to Garcon should have been thrown further but RG3 simply couldn't put his legs into the throw. Result: underthrown ball and interception

2. The botched snap, RG3 collapsed, leaving the ball on the grass. Result: Seahawks get the ball right outside the endzone. Easy 7 points to seehawks.

I mean we might've done better just punting the ball as soon as we got posession on every posession after we were up 14-0.

Not saying it was RG3s fault for not pulling himself out but objectively speaking, the fact that he was not pulled out (by himself, the coach, whoever) DID hurt the team.

This I can handle, but ultimately he earned the right to be out there if he felt he could win the game. I know I sure thought he would drive us down to tie. He is the captain, it's his team. All he has been talking about is winning it for the guys like Fletcher, Moss.... The guy was out there giving his all for the team and to be labeled selfish by some is just typical of this fanbase at moments like this. Can't really blame Shanahan either until the gimpy run out of bounce. That's why the eye test showed he was in trouble, but we were moving the ball and Hank dropped a huge conversion. It played out how it did, mike and Robert with be smarter next year, let's move on.

I'm incredibly disappointed in our fanbase after all of this.

Everyone can try and tell themselves that its just the media that made RGIII feel he had to defend himself, but consider all the Redskins fans talking about it, he knows its fans too that are questioning him.

Yeah it feels real great to be a Redskin fan and see our rookie QB have to defend himself after just leading a team to the playoffs and a division title for the first time since 1999.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 10:00 AM ----------

Couldn't agree more reading some of these post...just embarising Seahawk fans are laughing

Philip Rivers game isn't based on mobility at all, and he was effective while hurt. Big Ben has played hurt but he's also a much bigger guy and that helps him protect himself more often than not.....but even in his case he takes unecessary hits. Guys have played through ribs, ankles, arm pain and in Rivers case, a knee, but I just don't recall a QB who is asked to run and rollout playing that hobbled ever before. The bottom line is the results speak for themselves. The offense couldn't produce for nearly 3 quarters after the reaggravation with RG3 taking snaps. I don't blame him for being a competitor, because ultimately its Shanahan's call. Its a tough call no doubt, but one that should have been made. Again, not reason to fire anyone, but I hope a lesson is finally learned.

If you think Rivers didn't hurt his team, nor did Big Ben or Brett Favre at various points in their careers, you need to rewatch some of their games. When Rivers played with this torn ACL, he clearly cost the Chargers a game with some terrible throws, when they were still deep in the playoff race. Favre has cost his team so much that fans in GB even questioned him. And Big Ben has had games where he looked like he could barely walk.

I'm sick of hearing from people that act like they had never seen that happen before. It has happened. It just meant that Shanny should have pulled him late in the 3rd, but don't act like RGIII did something that hasn't been done multiple times. Hell London Fletcher did it earlier this season, where he was hobbled and was a liability in coverage, but he still played and would be able to make a few big plays.

Well, he might not have been being selfish in his intentions but ultimately, him staying in DID hurt the team.

Two important turnovers happened because of his knee...

1. The pass to Garcon should have been thrown further but RG3 simply couldn't put his legs into the throw. Result: underthrown ball and interception

2. The botched snap, RG3 collapsed, leaving the ball on the grass. Result: Seahawks get the ball right outside the endzone. Easy 7 points to seehawks.

I mean we might've done better just punting the ball as soon as we got posession on every posession after we were up 14-0.

Not saying it was RG3s fault for not pulling himself out but objectively speaking, the fact that he was not pulled out (by himself, the coach, whoever) DID hurt the team.

So Will Montomgery doesn't get ANY blame whatsoever for actually CAUSING that botched snap? Its more on RGIII? how about if he snapped it right, RGIII doesn't have to pick up that fumble and theres not a turnover on that play?

It's a real shame RGIII is catching any flack at all about what happened.. He's a 22 year old kid who thought he was indestructible.. The coach (and doctor) are the ones who should be taking the brunt of this.. :mad:

He's been hurt twice and each time he supposedly learned a lesson.

Nothing has been confirmed yet...only best case/worst case scenarios. No need to overreact until concrete news has been reported. Easier said than done...but all we can do is wait.

Why would we do that when ES has all these medical experts and knee experts and people who are sure what happened and what will happen? That's crazy talk

Why would we do that when ES has all these medical experts and knee experts and people who are sure what happened and what will happen? That's crazy talk

LOL...I know, right?

My stance on the situation (regardless of today's news) is this...if the other 52 men and coaches in that locker room were in favor of RG3 continuing to play, then who are we to question the decision? He has a "C" on his chest for a reason. I just don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this scenario when nothing but hindsight is used to formulate arguments.

Shame on those who are blaming RG3 for not taking himself out. Absolutely, the coach has to make (or not make) that decision based on what he believes gives the team the best chance to win. I might question Coach Shanahan's judgment on that call based upon what I saw of Robert's condition after the injury was aggravated but Coach had information that I don't have so I will not second guess him. That being said, a player saying he is "good to go" is not sufficient reason to keep him in a game, particularly when the player IS the franchise. I admire RG3 for giving the last ounce of his strength and courage to stay in the game hoping to rally his teammates. Ego had no part in that, in my view. It was simply an injured warrior's will and desire that drove him to continue the struggle. And, I bet if you were to ask his fellow teammates what they believe, the vast majority would support RG3's point of view.

I will say this. If it is determined that Dr. Andrews and/or the other team Dr.'s told Shanahan that playing Robert was a risky proposition that might endanger his future and that advice was ignored, I would fire Shanahan on the spot. No question in my mind on that point.

Finally, I am so proud of our team for all they achieved this year. Remember, we are NFC East Champions and that can never be taken away from us. Rally around this team and all the players that got us to that point.

So Will Montomgery doesn't get ANY blame whatsoever for actually CAUSING that botched snap? Its more on RGIII? how about if he snapped it right, RGIII doesn't have to pick up that fumble and theres not a turnover on that play?

I didn't say the snap was RG3's fault. It's obviously Montgomery's. But since we're specifically discussing whether leaving an injured RG3 in there hurt the team or not, we take everyone else's performance as a constant and switch out RG3 for Cousins at the QB position (the variable).

Just to clarify my overall position, I'm not angry at RG3 for not taking himself out. Most of the blame for that is on Shanahan.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

How about neither? Why must we choose from the two extremes?

Cutler didn't try very hard (if at all) to get back in the game. RG3 tried too hard. And some of his comments have been dismissive of Cousin's capability, even if not intended. Cousins has proven he can win, and as a leader of the team, there comes a time you turn to your teammate and give him your full support.

All this said, Not much has been said about Cousins bout with the flu this week. It may have influenced the decision not to put him in if he was unprepared and still sick. It may have even been a factor in RG3's statement about being the best option.

In the end, I'm torn. I don't know what the right choice was. We know we lost the game and RG3 further injured his knee. We don't know if Cousins could have pulled out the win and saved RG3 for the Falcons.

And RG3.... I have " been in the line of fire in battle". I wrestled for 4 and a half minutes of a 6 minute match with a broken hand because I refused to give up and told the coach I was fine even though I heard the bone snap. The difference is that no one could fill in for me, and while I may have lost the match, it wasn't by pin or forfeit which gave my team enough points to win. Different rules. Different situation. In your case, maybe... just maybe... the best call was to turn to your teammate Cousins and inspire him to bring the game home after you gave us the two TD lead. ...We will never know.

I don't recall the Cutler timeline.....Did he try to play at first or did he immediately sit?

The issue with Cutler is that:

A. People just don't like him, and...

B. He stood on the sidelines the entire game in a giant jacket.

It didn't seem like he was actually injured. In retrospect, people behaved like jerkfaces.

In this case, the fact that he was hurt coming into the game and limping badly would have killed any criticism - except with idiots like Dilfer.

LOL...I know, right?

My stance on the situation (regardless of today's news) is this...if the other 52 men and coaches in that locker room were in favor of RG3 continuing to play, then who are we to question the decision? He has a "C" on his chest for a reason. I just don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this scenario when nothing but hindsight is used to formulate arguments.

Yep..well said.

Archived