Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Tweets

Im Ron Burgundy?

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

1) If Cutler was not healthy enough to play, he made a good decision not to play.

2) If RGIII was not healthy enough to play, he made a bad decision to play.

3) There will be people disagreeing with you no matter what you do.

you don't have a problem with RGIII saying to his coach he is fine? I do. The correct information is paramount whether you are playing a football game, making investments, or risking your life in battle. RGIII flat out lied to his coach. i love the kid but if I were Mike i would have a very long talk with him in the off season.

Well... Shanny isn't blind. He could see that RG3 wasn't the same after he re-injured it and decided to let him go. He'll just have to learn to read between the lines with his QB b/c the guy wants to play.

you don't have a problem with RGIII saying to his coach he is fine? I do. The correct information is paramount whether you are playing a football game, making investments, or risking your life in battle. RGIII flat out lied to his coach. i love the kid but if I were Mike i would have a very long talk with him in the off season.

Exactly. I don't know where this blind let's just go with the guy who got us here when he OBVIOUSLY can't play properly comes from. The fact of the matter is his play hurt his team, and either he or shanahan needed to bring it to an end. He is a 22 year old who thinks he is invincible, we needed the coach to trust his eyes and put his foot down. We might owe the fact that we got so far to him, but we don't have to let him continue to play past the point where he is able to. He has great courage to continue playing but he also has to use his brain to know when he can't keep going. Only the people who thought he was playing really really awesome while he was hobbled like hell would be livid about him coming out. He was not the last man at qb before the emergency qb. there was a healthy guy behind him.

Guarantee you the kid knows hes damned it he does and damned if he doesn't.

Which one do you think he would rather do out doing? He made of that hero stuff. MJ and the 'Flu Game' come to mind. He wont quit. Hes going to go out fighting if he has the choice.

It's just funny, a couple years ago, Cutler messed up his knee and took himself out of the game. All we heard was how he was a coward and how can his team trust him.

RGIII plays through an injury and all we hear about is how he should've taken himself out.

So which is it?

If we had Caleb Hanie instead of Kirk Cousins, people would be singing a different tune.

He didn't lie to his coach. He told him he is hurting buy not totally injured - yet! Yet is the operative word here. Until he goes down he is not coming out. I have a lot of respect for a player who is going to fight to the end. This kind of attitude should have been shown by other players on the team that were not pulling their weight and should have.

Anyone that thinks Griffin hurt the team or was selfish has never played a high level sport or been a top athlete. Period. You don't take yourself out and you do everything possible to get on the field and stay on the field at the top level. And even so, the guy earned the right to play if he felt he could go who are any of us to take that chance away from him. The team elected him captain because they believe he gives us the best chance to win. Period. So sick of this.

Well, he might not have been being selfish in his intentions but ultimately, him staying in DID hurt the team.

Two important turnovers happened because of his knee...

1. The pass to Garcon should have been thrown further but RG3 simply couldn't put his legs into the throw. Result: underthrown ball and interception

2. The botched snap, RG3 collapsed, leaving the ball on the grass. Result: Seahawks get the ball right outside the endzone. Easy 7 points to seehawks.

I mean we might've done better just punting the ball as soon as we got posession on every posession after we were up 14-0.

Not saying it was RG3s fault for not pulling himself out but objectively speaking, the fact that he was not pulled out (by himself, the coach, whoever) DID hurt the team.

This will be a great test for him. Lots of people questioning him right now on a national stage, something I'm sure he's not used to

He will learn from this experience and come out stronger

I just hope:

1) His knee is ok and there is no lasting damage. Would hate for a bright career to be cut short so quickly based on this game.

2) Playcalling evolves so that he can utilize his other great skills and rely less on run-option. Only way to increase chances that he survives in this league without getting killed.

I'm worried less about the mental aspects and maturity. I feel confident that he will learn from all mistakes and be able to handle media criticism, both that which is warranted and that which is not.

another tweet

"I thank God for perspective and because of that I appreciate the support from everyone. I also appreciate the criticism."

He is classy and I look forward to him being our quarterback and leader for a long time. He gives me more hope than I have had in years!

Well, he might not have been being selfish in his intentions but ultimately, him staying in DID hurt the team.

Two important turnovers happened because of his knee...

1. The pass to Garcon should have been thrown further but RG3 simply couldn't put his legs into the throw. Result: underthrown ball and interception

2. The botched snap, RG3 collapsed, leaving the ball on the grass. Result: Seahawks get the ball right outside the endzone. Easy 7 points to seehawks.

I mean we might've done better just punting the ball as soon as we got posession on every posession after we were up 14-0.

Not saying it was RG3s fault for not pulling himself out but objectively speaking, the fact that he was not pulled out (by himself, the coach, whoever) DID hurt the team.

What if he pulls himself out of the game and then Cousins throws picks and turns it over? Would we then be saying he hurt the team by sitting?

Can't have it both ways.

Archived