Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

Jesus...more of the Twitter crap from you guys??

Gimme a ****ing break 

I don't know why you are so angry. Robert hasn't helped the situation by his constant commenting on the situation whether it be via twitter or pressers. Like a poster previously said. AP made his noise on the field. Never heard a peep from him otherwise. I can only hope that Robert is able to stay healthy (doubt it) after all of this drama.

Dr. Andrews is a moron. His text about RGIII is now "in the 'Skins hands" is not a doctor implying all systems are "go", it is a man washing his hands of any issues that may arise from here on out. 

Concerns on how they will use him? RGIII and his camp of flunkies, which includes his dad, apparently don't like the read-option stuff and want to tell coach how to run his offense. Awesome, I'm so glad the 'Skins PR staff is on top their own players.

Don't expose his knee to hits? If that is what he said, then please, sit Robert for another month. That will make it 9 months since surgery, which would be the end of the 7-9 month normal recovery plan. 

To all those in denial and wanting to blame media, Trey Wingo got the text from someone about this. So someone from 'Skins, RGIII, or Doc Andrews camp is feeding this info to media outlets.

I pray RG3 doesn't get hurt in the first few games or the media is going to lose their **** at Shanny and Andrews for letting him come back too early. It won't be justified by they'll condemn them anyways. I will say that Shanny will not hesitate for a split second to pull RG3 if he shows even the slightest limp. It really sucks, there will be no trust between them. Shanny can't risk having his legacy be known for letting his star player get killed to win a game. I don't blame him. Really sucks, the notion of an NFL player who might actually be able to play with a minor injury will never be reality for RG3 anymore. The slightest limp, the slightest sense of discomfort, and he'll be pulled.

Yep, this is our reality for now. It's a tough spot, but hopefully we can get through this season without a bunch of controversy.

but all Robert has said the whole time is "don't worry, i'm fine, and I want to play."  it's REALLY not a big deal.

He's talked and tweeted too much. He essentially undermined Shanahan's plan to slowly bring along Robert and to be sure he is indeed ready to go.

IMO RGII just needs to shut the **** up and let his play do the talking ala AP. That is the only thing that is going to quite things down.

this is getting so tiresome, how come AP didn't go through this last off season and a RB takes WAY more hits than a QB

1. AP doesnt have a history of torn knee ligaments

2. AP has been in the NFL for a while now

3. RB blow out their knee all the time - QB's dont

Cuz there wasn't controversy about how he got injured and he kept his mouth shut either way.  lol  AP wasn't all over TV and tweeting to the media his progress.

No, he was just keeping busy getting drunk, threatening bartenders and getting arrested instead.

But, yeah, Adrian Peterson was practically mum about his rehab efforts...

Sporting News: Adrian Peterson: 'My knee is getting better'

Adrian Peterson's Post-Surgery Twitter Pictures

NFL Network: Adrian Peterson discusses his rehab from injury

For anyone who's not automatically trying to assign blame for things that don't HAVE blame, Peterson was more under-the-radar with his rehab efforts because there was nothing controversial about his injury. It wasn't as if his coach kept him in a game in which half the country was yelling at their TV screens for him to get out of the game or anything...

if you don't like it, why do you come in here and read it?

Because he likes complaining about it more than he hates reading it?? lol...

For some reason :P , whenever I drop in on this thread, I get this (below) image in my mind as sort of an "overall" representation

Turkeys_zps9014c8aa.jpg

It is distinct from this (below) popular image also used in related matters  :D

chickenlittle_zpseea5ca3e.jpg

Both do share the foul :o  <_<  :lol:  theme

For anyone who's not automatically trying to assign blame for things that don't HAVE blame, Peterson was more under-the-radar with his rehab efforts because there was nothing controversial about his injury. It wasn't as if his coach kept him in a game in which half the country was yelling at their TV screens for him to get out of the game or anything...

oh and he plays for Minnisota Vikings... not really an epic center of media scrutiny...

all I care about is that we dont change much. If they want to make RG3 more of a pocket passer then its cool.  An extra 5 regular plays per game is cool but I still want our majority to be the run option. On top of that I dont want them to tell RG3 to never keep it. I dont want to hear nothing about giving it to Morris every time no matter if he see's the end wide open.  The bottom line is our line is overrated. He's a sitting duck back there without the run option. He's safer with it and I hope the Shanny's dont change that. 

My favorite guy in our orginization right now is honestly starting to be Kyle because he's the one who has been keeping it real when it comes to this and is basically saying that he's not changing anything and RG3 is much safer doing this than he is being a drop back QB. Its just on RG3 to be smarter and get down. Hopefully Kyle sticks to that and it isnt just all talk.

Basically, please please please dont change anything. You saw our O put up Gibbs numbers last year. Its just preseason but again we are putting up those numbers. I feel like we can score 21 with our eyes close and could easily average over 30 if we just play our game. Dont change that. I dont want anyone to put the cuffs on this machine. RG3, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Davis, Reed, Robinson, Hank, Morgan, Moss, etc....  Who can matchup with that? Next year we may can go more basic when we have the cap to upgrade the line but not now. Do what we do Shanny. Do what we do

He's talked and tweeted too much. He essentially undermined Shanahan's plan to slowly bring along Robert and to be sure he is indeed ready to go.

IMO RGII just needs to shut the **** up and let his play do the talking ala AP. That is the only thing that is going to quite things down.

He's "undermined shanahan"?? How? How has he undermined shanahans plan to bring him along slowly? He didn't play in any Pre-season games, he waited until coach mike let him do full practices and 11/11s...where is the undermining there....?

Seriously, Dr. Andrews worried about how they plan to use RG3 in the read offense? Excuse me but the doc gets paid for his medical advice not how to run an offense.

Dr. Andrews needs to spend less time on the sidelines trying to analyze game situations and more time in the office providing quality medical advice, as needed.

Seriously, Dr. Andrews worried about how they plan to use RG3 in the read offense? Excuse me but the doc gets paid for his medical advice not how to run an offense.

Dr. Andrews needs to spend less time on the sidelines trying to analyze game situations and more time in the office providing quality medical advice, as needed.

Dr Andrews is paid by the Redskins to be on the sidelines...

-  Tom Bradey had an ACL injury in the first game of the season one year, and he was standing directly in the pocket. He also has a really quick release, and doesn't tend to hold the ball for too long.

- Carson Palmer had an ACL injury in a playoff game against Pittsburgh. He was in the pocket, got rolled up on. 

-  Phillip Rivers had an ACL injury, I believe he was in the pocket. He actually played the following week on a torn ACL, which was a playoff game, they eventually lost.  (memory is a little sketchy here, but I think I'm right on that.)

-  RGIII was initially injurred on a called pass play from the pocket, which he broke out of and tried to make something happen.  Got hit on the side of his knee as he "slid."

-  Years ago, Dan Marino tore his Achillies.  They had to wheel him into the pocket on a cart before every series. He NEVER left the pocket.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now. I tried to google, hoping that somebody had put that list together.  I couldn't find it.

All this mess with Andrews saying that he's worried about RGIII's knee being exposed ... NEWSFLASH: His knee is going to exposed whether he runs the read-option, in shotgun or under center.  It doesn't matter.  If you're concerned with exposing his knee, then the only way to protect him is to not play him.  Period. The type of offense doesn't matter.  Either he's ready, or he isn't.

I still think all this seems like Shanahan playing the media, just to screw with the Eagles.  "Some Concerns." This random tweet from the team doctor.  The Van Pelt tweet.

Because, now you've got Kelly thinking, "oh, he's going to play, but maybe they won't run the Read-Option. Maybe we should prepare for more of the traiditional stuff. They won't risk his knee." I could definitely see Shanahan orchestrating something to put that thought in the mind of the Eagles.

I dunno. If it's not cooked up, then my honest opinion is that Robert isn't ready, and shouldn't play.  Either he's ready, and can do everything, or he isn't.  If Robert can't do everything, he's not ready.  Kirk, start warming up.  Let's go get-em.  If Robert is ready, and can do everything,  go do your thing.

If both are hurt, Rex, you're up. If Rex is hurt ... Well, at that point, it really doesn't matter. 

It's just that simple.

Cuz there wasn't controversy about how he got injured and he kept his mouth shut either way.  lol  AP wasn't all over TV and tweeting to the media his progress.

That last sentence isn't really true. There was plenty of coverage of his recovery, and he tweeted here and there about it just like Robert has done. I think QB's are generally seen as more fragile, and RGIII being so young, people are even more cautious with him. The league and most football fans realize he hasn't even touched his full potential, and this injury threatens that potential.

My point is that maybe he is spending "too much" time on the sidelines because if you analyze his comments, he is insinuating that the read offense is NOT a good place to put Robert in now.

Maybe a month from now? Maybe 6 months? Who knows. The doc is being very vague with his announcement.

If he doesn't like the read offense for Griffin or if Griffin is not healthy enough to play in it, then why clear him to play?

This makes absolutley no sense at all.

Archived