Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

I love the double standard regarding the pre-season:

Player lost for the season: Media decries: OMG...preseason so meaningless!!

Recovering injured player doesn't play in preseason: OMG...hez going to be so rusty!! Needs preseason!!

And yes, I made the media sound like a 15-year-old girl...

Man, don't know if any of you are listening to this, but Russell is so frickin negative.

he's pointlessly negative.  he's like "it's not a sure thing -- even though there's been no swelling SO FAR, his knee could swell up tomorrow.  so you never know."

like ... yeah.  or he could be hit by a meteor or get into a car accident or fall down the stairs.  all are possibilities.  but to act like "hey it could go either way, since this thing that hasn't been happening could suddenly happen" is disingenuous.

Chris Russell also sounded like he was being defensive, as if Schefter's report somehow made Russell look bad or something. 

he's pointlessly negative.  he's like "it's not a sure thing -- even though there's been no swelling SO FAR, his knee could swell up tomorrow.  so you never know."

like ... yeah.  or he could be hit by a meteor or get into a car accident or fall down the stairs.  all are possibilities.  but to act like "hey it could go either way, since this thing that hasn't been happening could suddenly happen" is disingenuous.

Chris Russell also sounded like he was being defensive, as if Schefter's report somehow made Russell look bad or something. 

^This.  It's like an awesome day, and Chris Russell has to piss in everyone's cereal.  I never like that dude, and now I'm really starting to despise him.  He needs to go cover the Giants.  Not saying I prefer blind homerism, but Russell is just the worst.

Chris Russell's ideal QB's for this team are the likes of Jon Beck and Matt Flynn.  One guy is out of the league and there is talk of the other guy losing his job to Pryor.  This guy is either clueless or he's intentionally pushing crappy moves for out team.

Why are you accusing him of that? Just curious.

My only point is that this is not a game to him. His job is to report things as he sees it. When people tweet that he's doing this or that, it's potentially impacting his career and reputation.

I don't particularly like him as a beat reporter, but it would suck to have 100 people calling me out everytime I had an opinion or wasn't ready to report something. His job isn't to make Redskin fans feel happy.

Archived