Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

Well, if you were expecting "clear with no concerns at all! Proceed recklessly!" you were bound to be disappointed. 

Jesus Christ, really?

Clearing without concerns in no way says, or implies, "proceed recklessly."  Don't know why you'd even make that argument.

Jesus Christ, really?

Clearing without concerns in no way says, or implies, "proceed recklessly."  Don't know why you'd even make that argument.

It obvious what he meant. Shanahan is just holding out that last sliver of info from officially announcing he is cleared and shows his hand. He will probably want to talk to Griffin about being honest with him during the game and talk about protecting himself. Even if there are no concerns I wouldn't expect Shanny to say that.

It obvious what he meant. Shanahan is just holding out that last sliver of info from officially announcing he is cleared and shows his hand. He will probably want to talk to Griffin about being honest with him during the game and talk about protecting himself. Even if there are no concerns I wouldn't expect Shanny to say that.

I get the gamesmanship.  But the post about "proceed recklessly" is ridiculous.  Nobody was expecting to hear anything close to that type of comment.

Shanahan just gave the media a solid 2 week feeding frenzy by using the word " concerns "

Doesn't ultimately change anything. Bottom line we all want to get to 09/09. That's when you get it done on the field and nothing else matters. No more talk. HTTR

MarkMaske@MarkMaske

Mike Shanahan cited some lingering concerns and declined to officially name Griffin the starter against the Eagles.

MarkMaske@MarkMaske

But all indications were that the concerns are nothing more serious than Shanahan wanting to see Griffin continue to practice well.

lets hope :)

Hope so! I'm stressing and don't think I can handle a week of Loverro trolling.

From Mike Jones' twitter

From talking to several within the organization, concerns aren't significant, moreso just wanting to see another good week of practice ...

Mike Shanahan cited some lingering concerns and declined to officially name Griffin the starter against the Eagles.

But all indications were that the concerns are nothing more serious than Shanahan wanting to see Griffin continue to practice well.

This whole thing REEKS of Shanahan wanting to try and keep the Eagles guessing. I'm sure that he was out of his freaking mind when Shefter broke the story.  In his ideal world, he would keep everybody outside the park guessing until Robert (and I'm assuming it will be Robert) runs out from the sidelines to take the first snap. Hell, I'd even think he would prefer to have Kirk announced as the starter, if only to put an extra 10 minutes of doubt into the Eagles minds.

This whole "lingering concerns" thing just sounds completely bogus.  If there were lingering concerns, Andrews wouldn't have cleared him.

This is Shanahan trying to do some gamesmanship with Kelly.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Shanahan did say that it was Andrews that had the concerns. So it MIGHT be knee-related.

Still, I doubt it is anything serious, or Andrews wouldn't have cleared RG3 to play.

This whole thing REEKS of Shanahan wanting to try and keep the Eagles guessing. I'm sure that he was out of his freaking mind when Shefter broke the story. In his ideal world, he would keep everybody outside the park guessing until Robert (and I'm assuming it will be Robert) runs out from the sidelines to take the first snap. Hell, I'd even think he would prefer to have Kirk announced as the starter, if only to put an extra 10 minutes of doubt into the Eagles minds.

This whole "lingering concerns" thing just sounds completely bogus. If there were lingering concerns, Andrews wouldn't have cleared him.

This is Shanahan trying to do some gamesmanship with Kelly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope you're right. I initially thought that, but seeing Shanahans presser three times now is concerning me.

From talking to several within the organization, concerns aren't significant, moreso just wanting to see another good week of practice ...

Andrews also wants Griffin to play smart and protect himself.

That would be good news and good advice for RG3. :)

Shanahan probably just wants to sit down with RG3 and get assurance from him that he will not play recklessly and will protect himself so he won't be at a higher risk for injury.

Shanahan did say that it was Andrews that had the concerns. So it MIGHT be knee-related.

Still, I doubt it is anything serious, or Andrews wouldn't have cleared RG3 to play.

I'd be willing to bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in your pockets that Andrews has no more concerns other than he would for any football player, whether they had knee surgery or not.  Shanahan made this up, and told a story to the media, in an effort to get everybody all swarmed up.  

I'd also bet that he and Robert are going to end up in his office laughing pretty heavily as they see the heart palpitations going on in the media, and fan base.  

If they can squeeze 10 seconds of doubt into the Eagles, they'd do it.  Even if all that means is that the Eagles coaching staff feels they need to watch tape of the Cleveland game on Kirk an extra time, then they've accomplished the goal.  

I'm actually surprised he didn't announce that Kirk wouldn't be ready, and it's possible either White or Grossman might be the starter week 1.  

Anything to screw with the mind of your opponent. 

I hope you're right. I initially thought that, but seeing Shanahans presser three times now is concerning me.

He's not Billy B, but this is one thing Shanahan is pretty damn good at.  He's even told the Media to their faces that he will lie to them if he thinks it will give him an edge.  

Anybody who thought this wasn't going to happen hasn't been following Shanahan for the past 20 years.  This HAD to happen. It was as predictable as the sunrise. 

Alright, I'm good..Sounds like Andrews just told Robert to protect himself. Haven't heard about any medical concerns...

Still think Mike wants to let everyone know he makes the call.. Wouldn't call it a power play but more of a reminder.

True.

As I said in another thread, Andrews has cleared him, but Shanahan hasn't given the nod yet. It is his call.

Archived