Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

To me the history of similar recoveries is relevant. AP is an outlier not the norm. Griff may be the same, maybe not, but with the future of the franchise in the balance I would air on the side of caution.

Why worry about the history of other players coming back from injury in determining if a player is ready? Why not worry about what the Dr sees with each individual player? This isn't just RG3, this is for anyone. Are doctors now only supposed to look at the average recovery time for injury or sickness and not clear/pass anyone until they reach the average mark? 

If that is the case, why even evaluate him at all? Just let him rehab until the standard 9-10 months or whatever it is and throw him in, he should be good. You have to take each injury on a case by case basis. Sure the history of similar injuries can give you an idea or guideline but if somebody exceeds that or suffers delays to that you have to adjust to what you are seeing right in front of you. 

And being cleared and ready to go is being cleared and ready to go regardless of the history or recovery time for similar injuries.

Why worry about the history of other players coming back from injury in determining if a player is ready? Why not worry about what the Dr sees with each individual player? This isn't just RG3, this is for anyone. Are doctors now only supposed to look at the average recovery time for injury or sickness and not clear/pass anyone until they reach the average mark? 

If that is the case, why even evaluate him at all? Just let him rehab until the standard 9-10 months or whatever it is and throw him in, he should be good. You have to take each injury on a case by case basis. Sure the history of similar injuries can give you an idea or guideline but if somebody exceeds that or suffers delays to that you have to adjust to what you are seeing right in front of you. 

And being cleared and ready to go is being cleared and ready to go regardless of the history or recovery time for similar injuries.

One big reason is Robert has been less than honest about how he has felt in the past.  That coupled with him playing after halftime in the Seattle game would make me wonder as an owner if I didn't want to take the cautious route regardless of what the experts were telling me, just in case he is not being completely forthright with them now. 

Also I have heard that at Tampa the Doc will be watching him at warm ups again.  I hope so, because I'll be down on the field.  I plan on watching very closely and taking a lot of pics if this does happen. 

Heard RG3 won't have a press conference this week. Ugghhhh what a diva!!!!!!! Only giving press conferences when he wants to.....

Kidding. But seriously, RG3 is getting examined Thursday by Dr. James Andrews for the "Yay or Nay" examination so he won't be giving a press conference until next week.

all time worst thread. Going on and on about absolutely nothing but the same thing. Everyday. "ARE WE THERE YET....ARE WE THERE YET....ARE WE THERE YET"! can ya just give it a rest until next week when RG3 begins practicing and getting ready for the Eagles or at least there will be some news at that point one way or another. Thank you for your future patience....if ya got any.

all time worst thread. Going on and on about absolutely nothing but the same thing. Everyday. "ARE WE THERE YET....ARE WE THERE YET....ARE WE THERE YET"! can ya just give it a rest until next week when RG3 begins practicing and getting ready for the Eagles or at least there will be some news at that point one way or another. Thank you for your future patience....if ya got any.

Lol. My post was just a joke actually

Regarding the rust factor...I think there would have to be a lot of rust to sit Griffin.

Assuming he is MEDICALLY cleared to play on 9/9, I can't see how any other QB on the roster gives us a better shot. I suppose it's a reasonable (but still unlikely) hypothetical if Cousins was 100% healthy and played more this preseason. I think Griffin's effectiveness would need to be down around 50% to think that Cousins (or Grossman) would be the best option on Monday Night.

Again, I'm talking about his football readiness, not health. I believe he needs to be 100% healthy to play. But I believe he can be 70% effective and still be our best shot in the regular season. Plus, he's only going to shake off the rust by playing...might as well start that process as soon as possible.

How about you not worry about what's going on in here if you're going to do nothing but come off like a chump, posting a reply that reeks of "I'm special!"  :)

This thread (if you actually bother to read more than a few posts that don't feature someone going off the rails) is not only just about Griffin's recovery. Pretty much everything concerning Griffin since January has been discussed in here. So no, we aren't "Going on and on about absolutely nothing."  There's plenty of other threads full of nonsense where you can complain about the fact that you're forcing yourself to read something that seems to irk you enough to post in such a heavy handed (and clueless) manner

One big reason is Robert has been less than honest about how he has felt in the past. That coupled with him playing after halftime in the Seattle game would make me wonder as an owner if I didn't want to take the cautious route regardless of what the experts were telling me, just in case he is not being completely forthright with them now.

Also I have heard that at Tampa the Doc will be watching him at warm ups again. I hope so, because I'll be down on the field. I plan on watching very closely and taking a lot of pics if this does happen.

I can understand that thought but I don't think any Drs cleared him in the Seattle game. He gave his word an we went with it. Thata why I doubt Shanhan or Andrews even care about his word right now. They are going strictly but what they see and what the tests show to make their determination. If Griffin is hurt he won't be able to hide it.

Look forward to some photos or vids from the Tampa game. Let us know what you see

I can understand that thought but I don't think any Drs cleared him in the Seattle game. He gave his word an we went with it. Thata why I doubt Shanhan or Andrews even care about his word right now. They are going strictly but what they see and what the tests show to make their determination. If Griffin is hurt he won't be able to hide it.

Look forward to some photos or vids from the Tampa game. Let us know what you see

The handling of the Seattle game by all parties is why I am a little apprehensive.  If he warms up in Tampa I'll be all over that and I'll give any up close observations I can see.

You should open more threads that you know you won't like.  Seems like a good strategy.

Even if RG3 comes back, the Shanahan's can choose to hold him back from designed runs to help protect his knee also.  It's pointless to hold him back if he's ready.  But he can be somewhat protected by play calling.

And I know people will say it takes away a huge part of the offense not having him run, but all you need is the threat of him running that keeps LBs and rushers guessing/pausing for that split second.

People compare him to AP, but they need to compare him to Phillip Rivers.  That dude came back from his ACL tear (which he also played a full playoff game on) like 6 and a half months after surgery, and hasn't had an issue since.  Different type of QB, sure, but RG is a QB, not a RB.

That's how I feel about it. 

Yes. And, in fact, the wife of one of my colleagues works for Exxon/Mobil, and he told me that they have fired executives for buying gas at competitors' gas stations to save a few cents a gallon. Companies have to protect their brand.

Coke reps will not drink Pepsi, at least not outside of their homes.  I've been told that by said reps.

Coke reps will not drink Pepsi, at least not outside of their homes.  I've been told that by said reps.

It makes perfect sense in this day and age when cameras are everywhere and pictures go viral in seconds. When it comes to sponsorships, I understand why they are taken so seriously.

It would suck for Subway to have to deal with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pictures of RGIII enjoying a Quiznos sub. That's just the way it is. When people are paying you the sums of money that these guys get, it's fair game to be fined if they don't play by the rules.

The NFL is about the same. They have a very lucrative deal with Nike and I don't blame them for doing what they can to get the players to honor it.

People compare him to AP, but they need to compare him to Phillip Rivers.  That dude came back from his ACL tear (which he also played a full playoff game on) like 6 and a half months after surgery, and hasn't had an issue since.  Different type of QB, sure, but RG is a QB, not a RB.

Even more impressive was Rivers' ability to come back each of the past 5 seasons with Norv coaching his team  :lol:

RG III feels fully recovered

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9604629/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-says-feels-recovered-1st

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III spent the summer telling everyone how good his knee felt, how he'd be ready to play in the opener and how he always thought he could be doing more. But he never claimed his knee was 100 percent, only close to it.

But, in a sit-down interview with ESPN980 radio in Washington, Griffin said for the first time that he felt completely recovered.

"I would say I'm 100 percent, but you can't put a number on it," he told 980's Kevin Sheehan, "no one ever knows when they are 100 percent or what percentage they're playing at. The biggest thing is, I'm not below 100 percent."

He also said he remains just as fast after tearing multiple ligaments in his right knee late last season.

"If I had to run a 40 today at the combine in my underwear I feel like I could run a 4.3 something," said Griffin, speaking in advance of the documentary airing on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday detailing his rehabilitation.

more at link above..

I also liked this from the article:

Regardless, Griffin said he feels better than he did before the original knee injury, suffered on a hit by Baltimore's Haloti Ngata at the end of a second-down scramble on Dec. 9.

"I'm better than that right now," Griffin said. "In my mind it's been clicked for a long time, but for my body it clicked during the pre-game in the last game when I went out there in full pads and I was running around and throwing and doing stuff."

@dcsportsbog: RGIII says he likes the read option, but he'd rather throw than run http://t.co/LRzuV5izUM

More RG3 being a diva. First he says he likes Read Option, then says he wants to throw more? There he goes again putting his displeasure with coaches right out there for everyone to see. I mean, this, and the fact that he's always tweeting that one time should give concrete evidence to RG3 being a diva about nothing more than himself.

This guy, I swear. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/08/27/rgiii-on-the-read-option/

Sheehan: The play-action pocket that is created off the read option is actually a safer and cleaner pocket than the one in a drop-back situation.

Griffin: It can be. At times. It can be, at times.

and then:

Sheehan: So why is this perception, at least in the offseason, that you don’t want to run it, or you want to run less overall?

Griffin:I think it’s [because] I’m a quarterback ... want to throw the ball. And you think pass first, run second. That’s just the way it is. 

That's just the way it is? *EgoAlert**EgoAlert* What if the coaches tell you to run it, is that still how it is? He's so full of himself.

I understand the concern over RG3 being rusty but really how much is he missing by not playing? He had 31 attempts and 5 carries last preseason. If he was healthy this year I doubt he would have more than that, especially the way the schedule has worked out this year. The only thing that can't be simulated in practice is a live pass rush. They should be able to get close to game tempo for the passing game and hand offs. What has he missed? 50 reps in preseason games, a handful of OTAs, and a couple weeks of 11 on 11 in training camp it is really not that much in the grand scheme of things. He was around for all that to get the mental reps.

Remember last year everyone was worried that he had not done enough in the preseason games? They had no live game reps of what they had planned for week 1. He went out and torched the Saints. By game time he will have had a full month of 11 on 11 work in practice. Real reps with what they are planning to do not the generic stuff they run in preseason. I'm starting to think that the chances of him coming out and shocking the world with a lights out performance are equal or better than him being very rusty and looking bad.

@dcsportsbog: RGIII says he likes the read option, but he'd rather throw than run http://t.co/LRzuV5izUM

More RG3 being a diva. First he says he likes Read Option, then says he wants to throw more? There he goes again putting his displeasure with coaches right out there for everyone to see. I mean, this, and the fact that he's always tweeting that one time should give concrete evidence to RG3 being a diva about nothing more than himself.

This guy, I swear. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/08/27/rgiii-on-the-read-option/

and then:

That's just the way it is? *EgoAlert**EgoAlert* What if the coaches tell you to run it, is that still how it is? He's so full of himself.

please tell me you are joking.

Archived