Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

Wonder how much speed he lost if any at all. Which I'm sure he probably lost a little but he still looks petty good

I can remember hearing that ran wind sprints on one of the early days of practice and he was leading the pack, so there's that lol

I really hope he is healthy!  If I'm Shanahan I go by what I observe and what the medical staff advises me.  I would not even listen to Griffs input.  The last thing this franchise needs is him to play opening night, hurt his knee, and then all the stuff about we all know what part we played in this and what our part of the blame is like after the Seattle game. 

To put it bluntly I'd not trust Griff one bit about how he tells me he feels.  It's been shown you have to protect him from himself.

Now lets just hope for no setbacks and a green light from medical staff!

Now lets just hope for no setbacks and a green light from medical staff!

Medical staff already cleared him.  Shanahan is merely following the plan layed out months ago.  everyone, from Shanahan on down, is saying Griffin will play against the Eagles "barring a setback".  which means unless he injures something. 

right now Robert's ahead of schedule, but Shanahan is not letting that schedule (which has always focused on starting against the Eagles) get revised.

Medical staff already cleared him.  Shanahan is merely following the plan layed out months ago.  everyone, from Shanahan on down, is saying Griffin will play against the Eagles "barring a setback".  which means unless he injures something. 

right now Robert's ahead of schedule, but Shanahan is not letting that schedule (which has always focused on starting against the Eagles) get revised.

He has not been cleared to start the Eagles game yet by the medical staff. From the interviews I have heard there will be another discussion with the doctors before he goes to live game conditions.

He has not been cleared to start the Eagles game yet by the medical staff. From the interviews I have heard there will be another discussion with the doctors before he goes to live game conditions.

London Fletcher hasn't been cleared for the Eagles game either. Nobody has. If anyone gets injured between now and then they will be evaluated up to game time. Griffin has been cleared just like anyone else to practice.

The following three videos should put a lot of us at ease. Snippets from 'The Will to Win' HTTR!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9575127

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9575046

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9575065

Loving the Camo workout gear man. RGIII is going to war this year for the Skins. No doubt in my mind he improves on last years stellar performance. It's nice to finally....FINALLY have a gem at QB.

here's a different presentation of the same "story"

http://csnwashington.nbcsports.acquia-ps.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-deny-report-rg3-timetable

not that this is any great example, but it's often interesting to see what sort of agenda or slant a writer may have (if any), from site to site, when they post such material. the words they wrap around the actual "core" or source/info (even when it's accurate) can sure vary in tone of presentation or framing of a matter before we even know if it's credible or not...journalism ("sports journalism" isn't even a real category anymore IMO--such is as rare a white rhino) is becoming like politics in our culture...a synonym for a field of human endeavor that is regularly in fail mode these days.

I find it extremely convenient that the guy who "broke" the RG3 wasn't cleared to play until week 6 happens to be Eskin, a mouthpiece from Philly.

I'm sure he wasn't just trying to stir up controversy in the hopes that we fans would revolt and crucify Shanny for "playing him before he was cleared"

Maybe Tandler should "break news" that Vick is running an underground Black Panther party and he's put a hit out on Cooper...

If Andrews really said that RG3 shouldn't play before week 6 I don't think he would have been cleared for full practice already.  I'm not a doctor so obviously I don't know if that is a sure thing, just my uneducated guess lol.

But a good guess this time. :)

The story stunk from the start. There was no way a guy (Eskin), a stooge for the Eagles, would know anything about the private conversations of personal medical info between a Dr. Andrews, RG3, and Coach Shanahan.

The beat reporters for the Skins (at least the ones who may have good connections like Keim or Maske) would've known long before Eskin would've heard a whisper about it.

Not to mention we have direct quotes from Andrews himself saying RG3 could play week 1.

Eskin is a troll.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal if he actually DOES sit until October. We have an extremely capable backup. Better safe than sorry. 

If the story IS bs though, and he's fully healthy. Like 110% ready to go healthy. Then you obviously play him.

Archived