Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

So what is actually going on ? He is officially cleared right but a second hand source is stating diffirently? The only thing that will make sense is if Andrews said the knee is as good as it's gonna get but due to previous damage it's more fragile. At that point RG3 could either risk it and play or retire already. But it's football so there is always a risk, no matter if he's a drop back QB or a read option QB. We know the competitor RG3 is, so he sure as hell ain't retiring.

What is the latest development?  Andrews saying he never had concerns or is there some other nonsense I missed?

on Andrews having/not having concerns about Griffin going forward in the offense. Basically I was hoping maybe LL could provide some info from behind the scenes. Obviously Shanahan isn't going to say anything, and Andrews (according to Chris Russell) won't be either. 

on Andrews having/not having concerns about Griffin going forward in the offense. Basically I was hoping maybe LL could provide some info from behind the scenes. Obviously Shanahan isn't going to say anything, and Andrews (according to Chris Russell) won't be either.

He was pretty active on twitter earlier joking about what a ridiculous non-story this is.

Because, now you've got Kelly thinking, "oh, he's going to play, but maybe they won't run the Read-Option. Maybe we should prepare for more of the traiditional stuff. They won't risk his knee." I could definitely see Shanahan orchestrating something to put that thought in the mind of the Eagles.

I dunno. If it's not cooked up, then my honest opinion is that Robert isn't ready, and shouldn't play.  Either he's ready, and can do everything, or he isn't.  If Robert can't do everything, he's not ready.  Kirk, start warming up.  Let's go get-em.  If Robert is ready, and can do everything,  go do your thing.

If both are hurt, Rex, you're up. If Rex is hurt ... Well, at that point, it really doesn't matter. 

It's just that simple.

Yep, by now we know this is how Shanahan operates.  Puts all kinds of additional pressure on the Eagles' preparation. 

Seems like this is one of Shanahan's mind games, inform the media he's not ready to make RGIII the starter because andrews has concerns and then bolt without answering any other questions and let the media eat it up and let Chip be confused for a few days. lol

Shanahan's comments aren't fooling anyone on the Eagles coaching staff lol...please.

This.  And for this to be a jedi mind trick attempt by Shanny would require Andrews to play along with the whole fiasco, which I doubt Andrews would entertain as it would jeopardize his professional reputation.

Don't get me wrong; I would love it if this was all just a mind game, but I think that's highly unlikely.  I believe it is more probable that Trey Wingo or someone at ESPN is guilty of inaccurate reporting.

• 1 month later...

What happened? I missed the game because of work. Was his injury really bad?

Honestly, it's impossible to tell with him anymore. Robert literally leaped off the table on the sideline and started to run back in before Shanahan kept him out as a precaution.

Shanny and his son  has tried THEIR best to stop the RG3 show before it even gets started.They droped the ball big time letting him play last year when his knee was in bad shape.They let him play the rest of the season and playoffs and it costed RG3 b/c he tore his acl and lcl. I didn't think things could get any worse but they did. They should not have let RG3 start the season b/c he wasn't ready and he still isn't ready. He looks nothing like the RG3 of last year and the offense looks nothing like it did last year.WHY? b/c RG3 isn't healthy and its that simple..   I would honestly think about sitting him for the rest of the season b/c people he looks nothing like he did last year.He is not healed and not even close to being 100%. RG3 will keep going out there and playing b/c that's what players do. Its time for the coachs to get off their high horses and start coaching smart. If it means getting a 100% healthy QB next year by setting him the rest of the season then do it.All he is doing now is keeping his knee from getting better and the coachs need to wake up.

Kept him out as a precaution or as a result of his horrible play today? I'd say the latter, and he found the perfect excuse to take him out.

Robert referred to it as a precaution.

If it was an effort to put up 20+ points in a handful of minutes, it was an extremely misguided one. Cousins was equally terrible. 2 out of 11 passes intercepted? Get out of here.

FWIW, I think Robert is physically sound. As far as his mental state goes, I can't attest, but I do believe that it is far more likely the root of the problem. His timing is off and his play suggests that he lacks confidence in his line and in his receivers. I don't blame him. The offensive woes are a constellation of issues and can't be attributed to one player, as convenient as that would be.

Did you notice the juxtaposition of QB's on the sidelines?  Peyton throws an INT and goes back to the sidelines passionately chews out his teammates-they studying the still shots from the game film.  He had a huge lead and he was still learning, imporving and motivating.  Cut to RGIII.  When things go well (like vs Chicago) he sits next the Kyle and they go over plays.  Yesterday, he goes to the bench-sits by himself and sulks.  This attitude is not good and it sure does nothing to motivate the team.  What a 360 from last year!

Robert's got a lot of learning and maturing to do on and off the field.

Archived