Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

all I care about is that we dont change much. If they want to make RG3 more of a pocket passer then its cool.  An extra 5 regular plays per game is cool but I still want our majority to be the run option. On top of that I dont want them to tell RG3 to never keep it. I dont want to hear nothing about giving it to Morris every time no matter if he see's the end wide open.  The bottom line is our line is overrated. He's a sitting duck back there without the run option. He's safer with it and I hope the Shanny's dont change that. 

My favorite guy in our orginization right now is honestly starting to be Kyle because he's the one who has been keeping it real when it comes to this and is basically saying that he's not changing anything and RG3 is much safer doing this than he is being a drop back QB. Its just on RG3 to be smarter and get down. Hopefully Kyle sticks to that and it isnt just all talk.

Basically, please please please dont change anything. You saw our O put up Gibbs numbers last year. Its just preseason but again we are putting up those numbers. I feel like we can score 21 with our eyes close and could easily average over 30 if we just play our game. Dont change that. I dont want anyone to put the cuffs on this machine. RG3, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Davis, Reed, Robinson, Hank, Morgan, Moss, etc....  Who can matchup with that? Next year we may can go more basic when we have the cap to upgrade the line but not now. Do what we do Shanny. Do what we do

birdman-hand-rub.gif

My point is that maybe he is spending "too much" time on the sidelines because if you analyze his comments, he is insinuating that the read offense is NOT a good place to put Robert in now.

Maybe a month from now? Maybe 6 months? Who knows. The doc is being very vague with his announcement.

If he doesn't like the read offense for Griffin or if Griffin is not healthy enough to play in it, then why clear him to play?

This makes absolutley no sense at all.

Question...did any of us actually see an official tweet from Dr. Andrews that he's concerned with how the redskins use RGIII, or are we all going off of a Trey Wingo (I really hate that name now btw) tweet? From what I heard from anyone who's officially with the organization is that the Dr. had some concerns that the coach will discuss with RGIII this weekend, and will tell all of us on Monday.

And Newflash...ALL DR.'s say that about any injury on all levels.

As for the Read Option...people are concerned with RGIII running the Read Option probably because they do not understand the Read Option fully. RGIII himself has said he prefers to run it. RGIII himself has said that the Read Option does not put him in any more or less risk then throwing from the pocket.

Just so that we can be factual here, Adrian Peterson did tweet and have full media coverage around his recovery. Many probably didn't pay attention since he's not a Redskin, though. He had Viking fans following along with him on Twitter and he retweeted ppl talking about him being ready for opening day as early as February before last season, and he tweeted about it himself. I just wanted to point that out, because I am noticing a few underhanded comments suggesting Robert did something wrong by speaking about his recovery. He's done nothing too far from any other major sports athlete coming back from injury.

He's talked and tweeted too much. He essentially undermined Shanahan's plan to slowly bring along Robert and to be sure he is indeed ready to go.

IMO RGII just needs to shut the **** up and let his play do the talking ala AP. That is the only thing that is going to quite things down.

Jan 10, 2012 @AdrianPeterson Hey everyone! I'm working every day on my recovery. Thank you all for your support. Appreciate it. Means a lot to me.

Feb 7, 2012 @AdrianPeterson @DanoSauter If we base the recovery of Adrian Peterson on how many exclamation points used in his tweets, I think he's on track for opening day

Feb 19, 2012 @AdrianPeterson Hey everyone thanks for the support. It's helping me get through my recovery. I hope to begin running again on Feb 28!

And these are just searching for tweets about "recovery". The second one was a Viking fan that he retweeted talking about opening day. That tweet eludes to the fact AD had been tweeting with lots of !!!! getting the fans excited. You're wrong when you assume what Robert has done is any different than any other athlete.

LMAOOOO i'm so confused and over this Trey Wingo, Adam Schefter, Mike Shanahan, Daniel Snyder,Dr James Andrews, RGIII and his Right Knee fiasco.  I feel like i'm on a roller coaster ride , is this how it feels to have a franchise player? lol  :P

Dr. Andrews disputes ESPN report on his "concerns" about RG3's use. Via text: "Not true. Team will use [Griffin] appropriately. No concerns"

What in the world is going on loool

That right there is why I've been holding off from saying ANYTHING in this thread, lol. 

I refuse to be a pawn in Shanahan's mind games... let the media and the Eagles play their roles in it. :)

This stupid diva needs to stop with this, he can't be freaking SWIMMING less then 30 minutes after eating, trying to undermine coach with his tomfoolery, damn hooligan. Go grab some waitresses ass or get a DUI Griffin, I'm sick of your competitiveness. 

Hate to be a *****...actually I don't, when it comes to this team.

Then again, I've made some seriously stupid drunk posts.  I can only hope that this is one of yours.

HTTR

Just saw PTI. Jason Whitlock is a complete and total moron. Blithering idiot. Again.

Sigh.

That right there is why I've been holding off from saying ANYTHING in this thread, lol. 

I refuse to be a pawn in Shanahan's mind games... let the media and the Eagles play their roles in it. :)

I'm with you. I think all of this has been cooked up by the team.

Either that, or somebody in Robert's camp is making a hash of things, and needs to shut it. If that's the case, Robert's going to be called to the principal's office.

Basically I believe Andrews said to Shanahan make sure RG3 knows that he just came back from surgery. Through the whole deal Andrews have learnt that RG3 has not yet learnt to tone it down. RG3 has tunnel vision and that Kobe drive. He just wants Shanahan to make sure RG3 knows to live to fight another day.

Archived