Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy.... Our Schedule is BRUTAL next year!

Farbod21

We just won the NFC East title, and are about ready to play our first playoff game in years- and you're worried about next year? Carpe Diem - live for the moment!
:applause: :applause:
Robert gives us a chance to win ANY game we play. Looks like it'll be a fun season next year.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?:D

im just glad to face some new teams. got tired of seeing the rams

Don't forget the Vikings..sick of them as well, maybe after 2013 we won't see them again until the playoffs.

Green Bay can't stop us, next year we will have more depth and more health back. I'd like to open the season against them honestly as I bet Orakpo would be in beast mode.

On Thursday night?

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

I think a lot of those teams are looking at us on their schedule and are thinking the same thing. We are not push-overs any more. If we can stay healthy and play with the same level of intensity there's no limit to what we can accomplish.

The key to this is KEEPING our staff

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 09:37 AM ----------

I think a lot of those teams are looking at us on their schedule and are thinking the same thing. We are not push-overs any more. If we can stay healthy and play with the same level of intensity there's no limit to what we can accomplish.

Cake!!! :)

Seriously though. This team will have one of the best offenses in the league and hopefully a better, more consistent D.

The East is "ours." 3-3 as a floor is not unreasonable to expect now. I'd say 4-2:

Nick Foles and a new regime in Philly? - 2 wins

Split the Giants - 1 win (3)

Split the Cowboys - 1 win (4)

Chiefs at home - 1 win (5)

Chargers in rebuilding mode? - 1 win (6)

Raiders? - 1 win (7)

That means all this team has to do to get to 10 is play sub .500 ball (3-4) against these 7 teams:

Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers

Away: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos

Don't forget that we'll be a top 10 team next year almost assuredly. RG3 in his second year? Davis, Orakpo, Helu, Jackson, Meriweather back plus some new talent from the draft which has become a real strength for "us" now.

For the first time in a long time teams are dreading having to play "us."

Prediction: 9-7

there are like 3 threads on this already lol.

And since we finished 1st, we have to play first place teams. Those are rules.

Also, our home schedule isn't that bad besides SF. The away is harder but I feel we could be any of those teams if we had a good effort from both sides of the ball.

No teams are invincible. We could score 40+ on the Packers easily at Lambeau

I prefer to control our destiny. Since these teams are likely to be the best in their divisions, we get the opportunity to get the tie breaker for HFA. Anyway, the loser games didn't work out for us (I think this is the first year we went 500 in them). We get to find out if the winner games work out differently for us. We also may get to know early if we are a good team or just a mediocre team that got hot. Finally, teams that looked good one year often are mediocre the next and/or the other way round (Minnesota and us this year, San Fran last year). Also, teams are often streaky (look at us going 3-6 then 7-0).

We are a good team and good teams beat other good teams. I'm not sure why we are discussing next season yet, but.......

We should win 3 games vs. the AFC West next season as the loss will probably be against Denver

We should win atleast 3 games vs. the NFC North next season

We should win 1 of the games vs. Atlanta or San Francisco

We should win atleast 4 games within the division

That gives us 11 wins next year. I've been saying for 5 weeks that we will lose no more than 5 games in 2013.

I don't see what is brutal about this schedule. Other than the 49ers, I see a lot of turmoil for the teams we are playing at home. Bears, Chiefs and Chargers are getting new head coaches. The Lions are struggling hard and look to be on a downward trajectory. The away games are more of a challenge, but I expect them to be no matter what the teams. Well, other than the Raiders, who are probably going to suck next year.

It's a first place schedule, no surprise there.

There's a lot of time between now and then, and you never know what the future brings with respect to injuries, free agency and the draft.

As always the division is key.

If we handle our business there and split with the other first place teams I think we have a pretty good shot.

Catching teams like the Bears, Chargers and Chiefs early will be key. They will all feature new coaching staffs and considerable roster changes.

Even assuming the worst though, if Washington falls on their face, they're guaranteed to comeback roaring as soon as they overcome the league imposed salary cap restriction with a young core and money to spend.

The future is looking bright, enjoy the playoffs and don't be such a negative nancy.

The thing is that now other teams are looking at their schedules and saying..... "Damn we have to play Washington on the road?" "That's rough" We are becoming one of those teams now. Feels so good.

My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure other teams aren't crossing our game with an easy "W".

It's tough for us, but I plan next year to be even tougher for them.

Weren't we supposed to only win at best 4 games according to the socalled experts?? The few people who predicted we would make the playoffs were called homers, idiots, etc on local sports talk shows. cough 106.7the fan.

Our team should improve in the secondary and on the Oline and Dline when those we counted on in 2012 hopefully will remain healthy in 2013.

do you think that the teams you look at on the list with a little bit of worry, might be looking at the list worried about having to face the Redskins?

Good teams don't worry about who they play, they just beat whoever is in fromt of them at the moment.

On Thursday night?

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 09:37 AM ----------

Sorry, I didn't see that it was a Thursday game...

Archived