Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy.... Our Schedule is BRUTAL next year!

Farbod21

The thing is that now other teams are looking at their schedules and saying..... "Damn we have to play Washington on the road?" "That's rough" We are becoming one of those teams now. Feels so good.

It's very probable that no team will be quickly checking off the Redskins as a sure-fire win for at least the next decade whether the game is at home or on the road. This year's team has barely scratched the surface on how good it can/will be! It will take some luck with injuries, continued success in free agency and the draft, and the continued growth and development of its young stars.

The Redskins have a chance to be one of the teams of the decade if not "the" team of the decade. Honestly, as of today, the sky is the limit.

Considering that we're going to add more talent defensively (i.e. Merriweather and Jackson returning and more draft picks) and offensively, I say BRING "EM ON!!! I'm going into my golf season in a couple of months with a BIG smile on my face waiting for training camp, pre-season and regular season. HTTR!!

Considering that we're going to add more talent defensively (i.e. Merriweather and Jackson returning and more draft picks) and offensively, I say BRING "EM ON!!! I'm going into my golf season in a couple of months with a BIG smile on my face waiting for training camp, pre-season and regular season. HTTR!!

Aren't you forgetting Orakpo? A pass rush makes ANY secondary look good.... Unless I missed some news about Orakpo.

Out of 5 non-division away games, 3 of them are division champs: Green Bay, Denver, and Atlanta, while a fourth is against another playoff team in Minnesota. The fifth remaining game is a west coast game at Oakland.

Ouch :(

Price paid for winning the division. With another draft we should be okay.

Our schedule is rough, but I think we're going to develop into one of those teams that other teams fear, as much as we now fear teams like Green Bay.

Hopefully we can wreck our division next year like we did this year. If we can go 4-2, 5-1 or maybe even 6-0, that'll go a long way in helping us to a winning season.

The rest of our home games will be interesting. Bears, Lions, Chiefs, and Chargers are teams that have some talent and can be dangerous, but at the same time, there are weeks where they just don't show up. Having them at home though should help.

Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, and Denver away is brutal. We certainly *can* win those games, especially Minn, Ponder has been good but not great, he's been leaning on Peterson a lot, but all four of those are very rough games.

Oakland meanwhile, if they're like this year, should be a win, though of course we can never sleep on anyone.

I think we can keep pace with these teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a split of non-division games, so if we can do well in the division, we have a good chance of another 10 win season. We'll have to see, though if is greatly to our benefit that the Eagles are in full rebuilding mode, the Cowboys are seemingly on the decline, and the Giants are their standard confusing selves.

And the whole NFC east is saying 2 game against RGIII and the Redskins..Come on man!

lets see....

3 -3 in the division minimum, we went 5-1 this season

Wins against Raiders, Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, Lions and Chargers...

That's 9 wins...with 4 tough games to get to 10...I say Atlanta or 49ers...

Whala....10-6 next year..Ha.Ha

Out of 5 non-division away games, 3 of them are division champs: Green Bay, Denver, and Atlanta, while a fourth is against another playoff team in Minnesota. The fifth remaining game is a west coast game at Oakland.

Ouch :(

Well, that's what happens when you win your division. You paly all 4 teams from one division in your conference (NFC North), and all 4 teams from one division not in your conference AFC West), so you will always play 2 division champs from last year. You play 6 games vs teams in your own division, and 2 teams that ranked in the same spot you where from the two remaining divisions in your conference (NFC South & NFC West).

I can see the skins not being able to match the 10-6 season they had this year, and with this schedule I don't think anyone would complain much if the team drops to 9-7 next year.

I think people have underestimated the impact that Roy Helu can bring to this offense (if he stays healthy). He will even further electrify this running game with Griff and Morris with his speed and receiving ability. If he can stay on the field, and we can improve the o-line, and fix the defense to where it is at least middle of the pack, this will be a very dangerous team, especially once the cap sanctions are over and we can go after guys in free agency in 2014.

I wasnt pointing out our opponents as much as I was pointing out that we play 3 champs on the road and 1 at home. I was pointing out the discrepancy between our road and home schedule. Not who we play. I know finishing first we will be playing 4 division champs. Thats just the way it works.

Archived