Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy.... Our Schedule is BRUTAL next year!

Farbod21

The thing is that now other teams are looking at their schedules and saying..... "Damn we have to play Washington on the road?" "That's rough" We are becoming one of those teams now. Feels so good.

^ This........its nice to be a team others don't want to play again.

And since we finished 1st, we have to play first place teams. Those are rules.

Only against two teams on the schedule. The rest of it is set years in advance, it's just a matter of determining who we have to travel to. So we already had to play our division games, NFC North, and AFC West; finishing in first merely added SF at home and Atlanta on the road.

It's not like back in the pre-realignment days when you had convoluted silliness like this:

1st place finisher: played 1st and 2nd in one division, 1st and 3rd in the other

2nd place finisher: played 2nd and 4th in one division, 1st and 2nd in the other

3rd place finisher: played 1st and 3rd in one division, 3rd and 5th in the other

4th place finisher: played 4th and 5th in one division, 2nd and 4th in the other

5th place finisher: played 3rd and 5th in one division, 4th and 5th in the other

Out of 5 non-division away games, 3 of them are division champs: Green Bay, Denver, and Atlanta, while a fourth is against another playoff team in Minnesota. The fifth remaining game is a west coast game at Oakland.

Ouch :(

Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, and Denver Broncos on the road is the NFL equivalent of a mine field and blindfold. yikes.

The whole "first place schedule thing" is overblown. 14 of our 16 games were determined years ago. Only the Atlanta and SF games come as a result of winning the division. And while Falcons/Niners looks tough right now, who's to say Panthers/Seahawks (Giants) or Saints/Rams (Cowboys) won't be tougher next year? In all honesty, I'm glad we avoid Seattle and St. Louis as I see both of those teams only getting better.

Who I don't see getting much better are the three dog teams in the AFC West... We play 8 games against teams that were .500 or worse and 8 games against teams that were above .500

It's your standard NFL schedule in my eyes.

Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, and Denver Broncos on the road is the NFL equivalent of a mine field and blindfold. yikes.

I am really not afraid of the Vikings. We beat them this year. We will do it again. Their team is Adrian Peterson; Ponder sucks. There is no way AP repeats this year.

The rest of our road schedule is really tough. However, we could very well go 8-0, 7-1 at home.

The whole "first place schedule thing" is overblown. 14 of our 16 games were determined years ago. Only the Atlanta and SF games come as a result of winning the division. And while Falcons/Niners looks tough right now, who's to say Panthers/Seahawks (Giants) or Saints/Rams (Cowboys) won't be tougher next year? In all honesty, I'm glad we avoid Seattle and St. Louis as I see both of those teams only getting better.

Who I don't see getting much better are the three dog teams in the AFC West... We play 8 games against teams that were .500 or worse and 8 games against teams that were above .500

It's your standard NFL schedule in my eyes.

Out of 5 non-division away games, 3 of them are division champs: Green Bay, Denver, and Atlanta, while a fourth is against another playoff team in Minnesota. The fifth remaining game is a west coast game at Oakland.

Ouch :(

nobody knows if these teams are going to fall off or if the weak teams are going to be good. Don't we see this every year?

Coming into this season you remember what people were saying?

After the bye week we better have a huge lead because we play Philly twice, Dallas twice, Giants IN PRIMETIME OH NO, Ravens, and oh we play Browns YAY! Our schedule was terrible this year but came out and swinging and did very well. We can look at some of those games and wonder what may have happened with real refs but that is a different story

If you finish first in an NFC division, you can count on a brutal schedule the next season, because there are no weak divisions in the NFC at the moment. Heck, finishing last in an NFC division doesn't help much either. At least we get to play the pathetic AFC West.

if you finish first, you can count on two games being scheduled for you that are considered against tough opponents.

Thats it.

You automatically play 6 games against your division, and you play 4 games each against whichever AFC division and NFC division the NFC East is slated to play. (Next year we play AFC West and NFC North)

that's 14 games.. leaving two left over for the NFL to decide who you play.

Our two are Atlanta and SF.

Conversely Philly's two are Arizona and Tampa.

The Cowboys get the Jets and Bucs,

and the Giants get Seattle and Carolina.

Clearly we have the tougher of the games decided by schedule makers.. but it's only two games difference.

~Bang

edit,, i see Kleese beat me to it.

I do not see Atlanta as anything more than lucky, and to consider who they beat and WHEN they beat them they aren't all they're record says they are. That Denver game and against us in particular.

Green Bay can't stop us, next year we will have more depth and more health back. I'd like to open the season against them honestly as I bet Orakpo would be in beast mode.

Our division is on the decline, and we're rising at a good time to bring along some young talent. So I see us getting at least 4 wins in our division (to be modest).

Next year, Denver will probably have them most media and excitement (since Peyton will be wanting revenge for what the Skins do to him this year lol).

We're going to be the team that other teams are dreading next year, not the other way around. And even if (big if), we don't accomplish the mission this year- we'll be getting so much better next year.

Doesn't look that tough to me.

I count 8 games on paper we should win: Philly(2x), Dallas(once) Giants(once), Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota.

The Bears and Lions are probably tough outs as are the other 2 division games but we could win anywhere from 1-4 of those. Thats enough in itself to put us in the playoff picture and maybe another division crown.

Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fran and Denver are the top level teams and are going to be good measuring sticks for us as well as some seriously exciting games.

We can definitely handle that schedule, even with just minimal improvement to next season. We want to be a top team, we will have to play schedules like this.

Archived