Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Foles will break Andrew Luck's Rookie single game passing record next Sunday.

Sizzla3000

This thread has more horse**** than a Kentucky stud farm, if you think Griffin will just roll over and let the rest of the season go, especially in his first game against a divisional foe, then you need to Google cranial proctology to get some help removing your head from your ass. The Skins may not win it but there will damn sure be a game played!

We already played our first divisional game against the Giants a couple weeks ago. Your head is up your own ass.

God, I hate divisional games where the opposing fans are in force at Fedex.
At least this year you wouldn't think that their fans would be as rowdy as usual. I mean, they are entering this game on a 5-game slide. I would even venture to say that there won't be near as many Eagle fans this year as their normally are. Especially with Vick being out.

Also, it seems that despite years of suck since the 2nd half of 2008, many Redskins fans still have not eaten the humble pie and realized that we are bottom feeders that cure what ails struggling teams. If breaking the Lions 0-19 losing streak is not enough, I don't think anythng is enough to feed that humble pie to many a Redskins fan.

Also, it seems that despite years of suck since the 2nd half of 2008, many Redskins fans still have not eaten the humble pie and realized that we are bottom feeders that cure what ails struggling teams. If breaking the Lions 0-19 losing streak is not enough, I don't think anythng is enough to feed that humble pie to many a Redskins fan.

God that brings back bad memories. I watched that game at a bar in Manhattan sat at a table next to a group of Lions fans. They were good guys but that was a long day .......

I'd note this is also a good set up game for the Skins as well.

Foles' speed of play is slower than Vick's and he's a lot less mobile. It remains to be seen -- in this short time -- how much chemistry he can develop with his receiving corps and other players on the offense. Also, he might be more limited in his ability to quickly run through his progressions, and handle the entire playbook.

The Skins don't have to sack Foles 6 times -- but maybe they can pressure him into some hasty throws leading to some 3-&-outs and maybe a turnover or two. If the Skins offense can sustain some drives, and control time of possession (and hang onto the passes thrown their way) they should be able wear down the defenders and put up enough points to compensate for any easy points the Skins defense gives up.

Frankly, I think this game will come down to which team gets the lucky breaks, and fewest drive-killing penalties.

Sure Foles might get hot, but then again, he might have a day more reflective of a rookie who's on his first road game in the NFC-East. We'll probably see flashes of both.

The best part of this, is that the Eagles might just be coming into this game with some false confidence -- I think the bye is going to help the Skins with people like Fletcher, Kerrigan, Morris, and Griffin benefiting from the rest.

If Foles plays, there is no way we can lose this game. Very,very winnable. The eagles are more through with this season than we are

I don't understand this take considering how bad the defense has played all season, and the team as a whole the last two games. We as a fan base have nothing to be over confident about,....I don't care if Rex Grossman's dad is QB for the Eagles.

Every game is "winnable" on some level -- this game is no different.

At least if we lose to a rookie Napolean Dynamite, at home after a bye vs. a team w a 5 game losing streak, Haslet will get his walking papers.

I suppose if it's a blow out -- yes.

Hell -- the "Fire Shanny" calls will be out in force if the Skins get blowed out at home against the struggling Eagles.

You guys can't really think the skins are going to lose to the Eagles, can you? A rookie QB with an O-line that couldn't block ERNIE SIMS!

Have you taken a look at our D and our track record against Rookie QBs. This loss might as well be the stone cold lead pipe lock of the week. I just can't see us winning.

I actually agree with the OP. I think the Andy Reid lives to coach another week after the Eagles get well on the skins. Every time a team is backpeddling and playing their worse football they find motivation and a way to beat the SKins. Lions 0-17, Rams in recent years, Carolina last week, and I'm sure others have better examples.

Have you taken a look at our D and our track record against Rookie QBs. This loss might as well be the stone cold lead pipe lock of the week. I just can't see us winning.
Well that's kinda obvious with this thread you started, but don't be surprised if the Skins put a beat down on them. If anyone really thinks this team and coach has given up, they are only fooling themselves. This division is here for the taking and the Redskins will make a run for the playoffs, and it starts this Sunday.

Wow, I thought us Eagle fans were down on our team (I know...what's new? :) ). IMHO, if the Skins lose this week, Shanahan needs to be on a severely hot seat along with Reid. Having 2 weeks to prepare, going against an Oline that has ONE starter, a 3rd round rookie QB, a defense that looks like Wile E Coyote running in place off the edge of the cliff and special teams that puts "special" in the name....should be a win for the Skins. All the Skins D has to do is play Cover 2 all day and wait for the Eagles to make mistakes, or have to kick FGs because they can't score TDs when they are in the redzone.

Archived