Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Foles will break Andrew Luck's Rookie single game passing record next Sunday.

Sizzla3000

Seriously folks, with the exception of the Panthers and Steelers we were in every game this season. Are you really going to try and convince me that any of those other teams were worse than the Eagles?? If we can hang in until the end with the Falcons, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with the Eagles. Yes I fully grasp the fact that the 'Skins may very well lose this game, but to call it a forgone conclusion that we will lose it and badly from what some are saying is just idiocy in the extreme.

Keep the faith 'Skins fans. Good, Bad or just plain awful (lookin at that secondary here) they are our 'Skins and we root for them rain or shine!

HTTR

Oh and so we never forget... Screw Goddell and Mara!

When I look at this match up Sunday there is one play that scares me. Philly will run the WR screen to Jackson early and often. This could be damaging and game changing based on the down and distance. I feel like our LBs can clog the run lanes and slow McCoy down. Heres to a sound game by our DB's.

Run to the playoffs starts Sunday. HAIL

It's time to stop complimenting this team for "being in games" Hasn't that been the saving grace of every losing season for close to a decade now (other then 2005/7). Every single offseason we look at the final scores of games and justify what "could have been"

Well guess what, we were in just about every game last season too, and the season before.....the good teams find ways to do what it takes to win those close games. Not all of them, not everytime, but more times than not to get themselves into the playoffs.

Whether or not Foles has a spectacular game or not is besides the bigger point, which is that our defense, outside of Week 1 against the Saints, is making the life of opposing QBs extremely easy. What we all have to be hoping and crossing our fingers for is that some type of scheme was cooked up during the bye week that will generate a pass rush to pressure QBs. If not, they will continue to sit back in the pocket and stand around, waiting for one of the options to get open. And the Eagles WRs are speedy, quick and run good routes.....the last thing we want to see is for them to get the ball in open space.

If history repeats itself, Foles will have a very pedestrian day. Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, in Reid's tenure, when the backup QB is forced to start, he magically goes back to a balanced running attack to protect his poor untalented backup starter. Expect a heavy dose of Shady this week guys.

Eagles fan here. I expect some good things from Foles...and some 'rookie' things...

I think it's unfair to judge him on the Dallas game...where he came in cold. He did some things I really liked, and haven't seen since Jeff Garica played for us. He anticipates routes...throws to a spot vs waiting until a guy is open and stopped to fire it in. This may take a while for the WRs to get the timing down...but it's a better way to play QB. Vick didn't do that...and McNabb surely didn't.

He also has really good pocket awareness. Not elusive for sure, but he seems to know when to take a step here or there...instead of breaking into a full run when pressure is sensed (Vick).

His pocket awareness and route anticipation are the things I'm excited about. These things help an oline....and gain more yac. But with the current state of this oline, these traits may not be as noticeable.

We'll see I guess...

I don't see a blowout either way in the game.

Lock of the century. We are going to punish the Eagles. You trippin!

Normally, I would think otherwise because of the vs. a rookie QB situation in which the Skins seem to continue in the losing streak... but not this time. OK, our D secondary will make Foles look like another Manning... but I refuse to believe that he'll beat out RGIII on this one. The opposing rookie QB winning streak ends NOW. I'm with you (just not sure about the 'punish' part).

Edit: Good lord, it was a punish... and Foles looked more like Beck.

He may have a good game because any NFL QB can throw past a DB thats standing still or lined up behind the first down line. Hassbeen likes the zone blitz but we dont have fast players anymore good for the zone coverage. We can't blitz because the offense will throw to the hot route which will be wide open because we line up behind the first down line. Sadly we need this game just to fill the players with the idea that its not over.

OK I placed my bet with Andy and Czabe. I predicted 48-7 with the footnote that Nick Foles breaks Andrew Lucks single game passing record. Lets pray that I am wrong!!

As down on the team as we can be...that's just weak. Nice hedge I guess, but what's the point of being a fan if you believe your team will lose at home by 40 to another ****ty team?

I know our record at home is sad, but for a rookie who is debuting as starter mid-season, it may be daunting to play in someone else's house. I don't think he will break any records. In fact, I feel he will struggle like a rookie and get picked off 2-3 times.

I know our record at home is sad, but for a rookie who is debuting as starter mid-season, it may be daunting to play in someone else's house. I don't think he will break any records. In fact, I feel he will struggle like a rookie and get picked off 2-3 times.

FedEx has NO home field advantage whatsoever. None. It'll be like playing in a backyard.

Archived