Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Foles will break Andrew Luck's Rookie single game passing record next Sunday.

Sizzla3000

As down on the team as we can be...that's just weak. Nice hedge I guess, but what's the point of being a fan if you believe your team will lose at home by 40 to another ****ty team?

Sorry man I have been a fan for 30 years but I have become jaded when it comes to the Skins overcoming obstacles and beating weaker teams. The 09 Lions game killed a part of me.

Sorry man I have been a fan for 30 years but I have become jaded when it comes to the Skins overcoming obstacles and beating weaker teams. The 09 Lions game killed a part of me.

And yet it didn't kill that part that posts this kinda stuff....................funny......

Thank gawd i was wrong hail to the redskins!!!!

Good thing you were in here quick. When you started this thread, and then made the posts you made in it, I made a deal with myself that if you weren't right in your prediction I might get ugly with you. :)

Personally, I think your "mea cupla" ought to be a little more equal the amount of effort you put into pissing all over the place that you did in this thread.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

And yet it didn't kill that part that posts this kinda stuff....................funny......

It shortened his ES leash for now, considerably, in my ledger.

Good thing you were in here quick. When you started this thread, and then made the posts you made in it, I made a deal with myself that if you weren't right in your prediction I might get ugly with you. :)

Personally, I think your "mea cupla" ought to be a little more equal the amount of effort you put into pissing all over the place that you did in this thread.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

It shortened his ES leash for now, considerably, in my ledger.

Like I said in my OP. This was my knee-jerk reaction watching us get blown out by the Panthers and thinking about our past history with Rookie QBs. I am glad my Skins were able to MAN UP!

I'd note this is also a good set up game for the Skins as well.

Foles' speed of play is slower than Vick's and he's a lot less mobile. It remains to be seen -- in this short time -- how much chemistry he can develop with his receiving corps and other players on the offense. Also, he might be more limited in his ability to quickly run through his progressions, and handle the entire playbook.

The Skins don't have to sack Foles 6 times -- but maybe they can pressure him into some hasty throws leading to some 3-&-outs and maybe a turnover or two. If the Skins offense can sustain some drives, and control time of possession (and hang onto the passes thrown their way) they should be able wear down the defenders and put up enough points to compensate for any easy points the Skins defense gives up.

Frankly, I think this game will come down to which team gets the lucky breaks, and fewest drive-killing penalties.

Sure Foles might get hot, but then again, he might have a day more reflective of a rookie who's on his first road game in the NFC-East. We'll probably see flashes of both.

The best part of this, is that the Eagles might just be coming into this game with some false confidence -- I think the bye is going to help the Skins with people like Fletcher, Kerrigan, Morris, and Griffin benefiting from the rest.

I like to quote myself -- but felt I needed dig out this post, buried in the middle of the thread,. Not only did it counter some of the gloomy arguements being made, it wasn't too far off of how the game actually developed.

My biggest (and pleasent) surprise was how well the Skins defense played -- much better than I'd expected. Partly it might have been due to facing a rookie, rather that Vick -- who tends to get the ball out more quickly.

We did get some lucky breaks -- the semi-Hail Mary to Moss for a TD and the ball bouncing back up to Morris after his fumble. The referee crew that was somewhat fair and the flurry of false start penalties didn't halt that many of our drives. Lastly, I'm hoping Meriweather is okay, but it's nice to come out of a game without too many serious injuries.

This game was a great confidence builder for the Skns and the Skins fans.

There is no possible way we can win a game in Dallas. We are 0-3 at Cowboys stadium. Romo sits to pee is also better than Tom Brady on Thanksgiving.

You know what? Given how this went, and given that I posted this here--

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?373567-Nick-Foles-will-break-Andrew-Luck-s-Rookie-single-game-passing-record-next-Sunday.&p=9272307&viewfull=1#post9272307

...and then you're still posting stuff like this (even though I obviously see the actual aspect of the thinking that are based in real history) you need to spend the next couple weeks reading more and posting less. ;)

We did get some lucky breaks -- the semi-Hail Mary to Moss for a TD,,,.

One of the reasons Gibbs love Moss was his ability to adjust to the ball like that. Moss seemed to lose a lot of that ability over the last few years. Just a bit of "I'm not as good as I once was but I'm good once as I've was."

Archived