Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC NEWS: CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair

visionary

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. However most of what I thought about the kind of guy he is has been brought into question.

To be honest, I'm not surprised by anyone anymore. Disappointed, but not surprised. Seems like no matter what kind of person you are and what position you hold, you're still capable of messing up.

To be honest, I'm not surprised by anyone anymore. Disappointed, but not surprised. Seems like no matter what kind of person you are and what position you hold, you're still capable of messing up.

I hear you. Google colonel Jim Johnson. And general Jeff Sinclair. Those guys were brigade xo and s3 together. I am still surprised by petraeus a little. But not shocked

Since he resigned, he no longer has to testify in the Benghazi hearing. Didn't Homeland do an episode on this?

If Congress really wants to talk to him, I highly doubt that him resigning would keep them from doing that.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

This is something she published on Monday it looks like:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/11/04/general-david-petraeus-s-rules-for-living.html

:ols: :ols: :ols: @ the comments section.

Not sure i understand how having an mistress excludes you from giving testimony before Congress?

replacing him with someone else that can't have the same knowledge?

Yeah, I think it would actually make it easier. After all, you no longer are as beholden to the agency or your bosses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-probe-of-petraeus-triggered-by-e-mail-threats-from-biographer-officials-say/2012/11/10/d2fc52de-2b68-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?hpid=z1

The collapse of the dazzling career of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman with whom he was having an affair sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials. The FBI investigation traced the threats to Paula Broadwell, a former military officer and a Petraeus biographer, and uncovered explicit e-mails between Broadwell and Petraeus, the officials said.

Another dazzling career and life ruined by CBS (Crazy ***** Syndrome).

Archived